Henghis Hepthorn books? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Hughes, Matthew » Henghis Hepthorn books? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Porkchop
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 04:40 pm:   

Do you have any books with the character from your short stories in Fantasy and Science Fiction magazine? Thanks. Love your style, it's much more fun to read than any of the other stories in F&SF, at least to me.

Matt Hughes
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 10:42 pm:   

I'm glad you like them. My first goal is to entertain.

The six Hapthorn stories are collected in The Gist Hunter & Other Stories, being published by Night Shade in a couple of weeks. Here's a link: http://www.nightshadebooks.com/book.aspx?bookid=111

I've outlined a three-novel series that takes off from where the last of the F&SF stories (The Gist Hunter) ends. My agent has pitched it to a number of publishers, and I'm expecting to know before the end of August if there are any takers.

Even if I don't get a book deal, I'll probably write the first one anyway, but I'll try to do it in self-contained episodes -- pretty much the way I did with the first six stories -- and hope to place them in F&SF as I go along.

I do have three novels in the same style. You can find the first chapters of each on my website at http://www.archonate.com I've written a fourth Archonate novel, but it's hanging fire at Tor until sales of my last book, Black Brillion, improve.

porkchop
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 05:36 pm:   

Awesome, thanks, I'll pick up the Gist Hunter

porkchop
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 05:38 pm:   

How can you're books not sell? They are very good compared to some of the other books out there doing good.

Matt Hughes
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 07:10 pm:   

I guess I need you to tell your friends.

Matt Hughes
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 08:02 pm:   

I've delivered Majestrum, the first Henghis Hapthorn novel, to Night Shade Books. It's due out as a hardcover (and probably also as a limited, signed edition), in September/October.

Matt Hughes
www.archonate.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register