New story in New York Stories Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Bishop, Michael » New story in New York Stories « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael H. Hutchins
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 01:42 pm:   

For those who may not be familiar with the literary magazine New York Stories, "Change of Life", a beautifully crafted and intricately executed mainstream story by Mike has been published in its Spring issue. It is well worth every effort to locate a copy. The magazine's web site is www.newyorkstories.org

Also worth seeking out is the Fall 2003 issue (which appeared just this April) of The Chattahoochee Review. It includes "Recalling Cody", a lovingly detailed memoir of Mike's step-grandfather.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

mike
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 06:26 am:   

Thanks, Michael.

Let me point out here that Michael, who designed and periodically updates the website devoted to my work, is editing A Reverie for Mister Ray: Reflections on Life, Death, and Speculative Fiction that we're putting together for Pete Crowther at PS Publishing. Without Michael, I'd most likely have no book at all, as he has collected any number of obscure pieces, scanned them, sent them to me as computer files (some of them I wrote on an old Smith-Corona typewriter and others on an IBM Selectric, long before even thinking about buying a word-processing system), and devised the entire structuring scheme for the whole collection. Even as I keyboard these words, we're making final selections, and I'm revising various essays -- not for content, which I won't alter, but for style and ease of readability. I've learned a few things about writing over the years, even if I have to keep reteaching myself the basics. Anyway, I'm excited about this compilation.

As for "Change of Life," it's a story that I'm glad to have in print. Its immediate inspiration was September 11, 2001.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register