Current Writing Excerpts Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Jasper, Michael » Current Writing Excerpts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike Jasper
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 03:59 pm:   

Okay, I'm dusting off this ol' message board to help me motivate myself to get to work on revising my current novel-in-progress. Feel free to add a paragraph or two from YOUR current work-in-progress (be sure to give a title and your name, too).

Mike Jasper
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 04:01 pm:   

From the revamped opening of my fantasy/historical/baseball novel, The All Nations Team:

The beginning of the end of the World's All Nations began one early spring day in 1917, when we lost our head coach, and I stepped up to replace him. In that instant, when the ball connected with his skull, the future of our team began its slow spiral into obscurity. I understand now, almost a year afterwards, that we had nobody but our centerfielder to blame.

How did we lose our coach? Simple: he took his eye off the ball. And because he did, the fool of a white man deserved what happened to him.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 05:03 pm:   

(Compare the new version to the version here: http://www.sff.net/people/michaeljasper/allnations.htm)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration