Reader Thoughts on DEAD MAN'S ROPE --... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Jasper, Michael » Reader Thoughts on DEAD MAN'S ROPE -- My "Blog Novel" « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike Jasper
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 01:54 pm:   

Hello everyone. I wanted to make a new thread for people who are following along with my "Blog Novel" entitled Dead Man's Rope.

What I'm doing is writing a novel one day (or so) at a time, with no plan or outline, just whatever pops into my head to advance the story of our protagonist. It's been a lot of fun, and the resulting story has gone off in a wonderfully odd direction.

Here's your chance to share what you think -- do you like the overall concept? Did today's "mini-scene" piss you off/make you happy/bore you? LET ME KNOW!

(Please note that only the CURRENT chapter of the novel will be available at any given time -- to read the whole novel, you'll need a password, which I'll gladly share with you if you email me.)

Mike Jasper
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 11:02 am:   

Just wanted to let people know that yesterday I finished chapter 3. So if you wanna read it, better do it quick before I password-protect it! I start chapter 4 today. Soon.

(Of course, you can still read it if you ask me for the password. I'm just trying to shake things up here!)

Mike Jasper
Posted on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 04:12 am:   

Almost done with chapter 4. I may put this one on hold for a while so I can finish revising my baseball novel.

Unless, of course, the readers DEMAND more. Which seems unlikely, as the readers have been quite quiet... ;)

Thus far the actual novel itself if 40 pages and about 10,000 words. It's been an interesting challenge, and I find myself thinking about it when I'm not trying to. Always a good sign.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 06:29 pm:   

Game on!

I'm back to working on the novel blog again, after a short hiatus to process the opening and think about where to go next.

I think you'll like what you see -- go read today's entry and come back here or leave a comment there to let me know what you think!

Mike Jasper
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 04:31 pm:   

Okay, I'm back on the wagon, so expect more regular updates as I'm interested in finding out what the hell happens to my two mysterious protagonists!

A new entry is up today: http://www.journalscape.com/deadmansrope/

Read, comment, and email me if you want the password to read the first 4 chapters (Part 1).

Michael Jasper
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 03:49 am:   

Stalled out again, but hoping to jump back into the novel blog in January, now that the baby's here safe and sound and we're slowly getting our bearings.

Right now the number of hits is at 2430. Just keeping up, for kicks.

Michael Jasper
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 07:33 am:   

I'm back on the novel blog, hoping to do an entry a day, at least during weekdays.

I've opened up the older entries to everyone, in case you wanted to catch up. Also, I've put together a printable document that contains the first 60 pages of the novel thus far, as a PDF document.

Read it here:
http://www.journalscape.com/deadmansrope/

Mike Jasper
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2005 - 04:08 am:   

The novel blog is back on, for now. Had some inspiration for how to end part 2, and I'm quite digging how it's all falling together.

And the number of hits is up to 4200. Most of them are me, of course, checking the site and making fixes. But hey, every little bit helps!

Mike Jasper
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 07:14 pm:   

Well, I just killed both my protagonists. Damn.

Good thing they're immortal.

Are you reading along yet?

Shit's about to happen folks. Getting ready for part 3.

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 04:37 am:   

I'll be reading it as soon as I have the time. . .

Mike Jasper
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 08:28 am:   

Hey! A reader!

Mastadge is my new hero. :-)

By the way, if you wait another day or 2, I'll have brand-new PDFs of the opening 8 chapters of the novel blog available on the site. That way you won't have to click through about 50 days' worth of blog entries...

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 09:03 am:   

Excellent. Be easier to get it printed, too.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 08:51 pm:   

PDF coming soon! By the end of the day Friday the 4th, I predict.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Friday, March 04, 2005 - 01:18 pm:   

Part 2 of the novel blog is complete!

http://www.journalscape.com/deadmansrope/

Also, I added PDF versions of the first two sections. These are the edited versions, so if you're coming to the story brand new, I suggest starting with these.

Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 08:06 am:   

Game on again! Just wrote the opening to a new section of the novel blog, and it's pretty damn cool.

Check it out at http://www.journalscape.com/deadmansrope/2005-04-30-10:33

Michael Jasper
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 07:51 am:   

Just got the novel blog up to 25,000 words. 1/3 of the way done, if not less. We shall see...

Michael Jasper
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 10:32 am:   

Just disabled the novel blog -- the plan is to finish it up in the next month or two and submit it.

It's either gonna be a novella or a short novel. We'll see.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration