June-July 2004 Novel Dare Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Jasper, Michael » June-July 2004 Novel Dare « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Jasper
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 08:11 am:   

I got a great jump-start on my baseball novel this morning, cranking out a rough draft of the first chapter. Thanks to my research and outlining, the writing was relatively easy. I had a bad moment at first, because I'd thought up a great first line last night and couldn't for the life of me remember it this morning. Those lost lines are always the best ones!

And then I realized I couldn't do the story justice by making it first person, so I changed the voice to 3rd, with the coach the main point-of-view character. That helped a lot, and allowed me to do more descriptive writing, which I've been looking forward to on this novel.

Tomorrow it's on to chapter two! Sweet. This makes up for not being able to go to WisCon this year! :-)

Oh, and I updated the All Nations Team excerpt page and the Starting Lineup page. Enjoy! And please share how YOUR novel-writing is going!!!

Simon Owens
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 09:23 am:   

No novel, I'm just going to play along with words to see if I can beat you guys.

New Words: 1300
total Dare Words: 1300

Lee Capps
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 12:02 pm:   

I'm starting my novel next Monday. My goals for the first week of the dare:

Finish revision of one story, clean up two others (not much to do), and get all three out in the mail this week. I did pretty well today. Got up at 5 and got a couple of hours work in before the baby woke up.

Of course, I'll also be working on my novel premise this week. I've got a good chunk of one ready, though the characters are still vague. I'm not much of an outliner, though I'll probably start making some notes later in the week. For the time being, I'm not ready to commit to many aspect of my idea. Got to keep it fluid. I hope I'll have enough story to make a novel!

Mike, way to go! Keep plugging. And good luck to Simon and all the others taking the dare.

Tempest
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 04:03 pm:   

I'm starting tomorrow. My goal is to finish a YA novel and a novella in 4 weeks. :-)

Chris Dodson
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 04:23 pm:   

And so it begins. *cue cheesy John Williams score*

Wow, it's only Day One and you guys have already shot way ahead of my own measly 729 words (prologue and the first page of chapter one.) Normally, though, I'm barely able to eke out two or three hundred words a day, so I think I'm doing okay so far.

Today's Wordage: 729
Total Wordage: 729

Chris Dodson
Journal: The Passion of the Chris

Mike Jasper
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 05:48 pm:   

All right! I like to see more people join the fun. And the official kickoff day for the Dare is tomorrow, so I hope to read more entries then. Nice work everyone!

Tim Akers
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 06:46 pm:   

Well, I kind of got ahead of myself. On Friday I had 20k words, and today I have 27k words. Pretty good weekend, all in all. I'll start at 27 and go from there.
My goal is to finish the thing by the end of the month, with an end count somewhere around 80k. I hope. Right. Anyway...Good luck, everyone.

Simon Owens
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 09:24 pm:   

New Words: 1100
total Dare Words: 2400

Mike Jasper
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 03:29 am:   

A good writing morning -- got started on chapter 2, and it's taking off in a direction I hadn't completely expected, but I like it.

About 6,500 words into the novel now. Rocking!

SarahP
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 07:48 am:   

Oops. Slept in today. No noveling. Recovering from WisCon. Will leap out of bed before dawn tomorrow, promise.

Chris Dodson
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 02:57 pm:   

After spending a frustrating half hour looking at Chapter One without typing anything, I decided to move on to a flashback scene later in the novel. Happily, I was able to squeeze out 942 words of that before today's well ran dry.

Today's Wordage: 942
Total Wordage: 1671

Chris Dodson
Journal: The Passion of the Chris

Jamie
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 04:16 pm:   

Like Simon, no novel on this end but I'm doing the story-a-week schtick, and I'm gonna try to hit novel-length numbers, all told.

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 06:54 pm:   

1430 words on my new YA SF novel "Flight of the Infinite Jest." Not bad for a first day. Only mentioned the weather once.

Lee Capps
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 06:58 pm:   

I set my alarm for 4:30 a.m., but actually woke up at 4:23 (but who's keeping count?) and rolled out of bed . . . . Got some good revision done, standing at the kitchen counter and drinking pretty much an entire pot of way-too-strong coffee. Ouch, my organs!

And yet, I've already fallen behind, I feel. My weekly goal, to recap: revise and put in the mail three stories before beginning the novel. You see, I neglected to take into account that I'd gotten married on a June 1 a couple of years ago, so there was gift-giving and dinner out and the world's tallest glass of Guiness Stout and that kind of thing. So I didn't put in any work tonight. Still, I'm on the Internet, and that's _sort of_ like work.

I'm out of here. Got an early start tomorrow. 'Luck to everyone.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 01:59 am:   

Lee -- I think a wedding anniversary's a good reason to miss out on some writing!

I'm just wondering how you revised standing at the kitchen counter... laptop? hardcopy? telepathy?

Great to hear from everyone on their progress!

Tim Akers
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 06:29 am:   

Ha! I've got a ten year anniversary on Friday, and I'm not going to let that interrupt me! Ha! And I'm still young!

Okay, I'm obviously not going to blow off my ten year anniversary. But I do most of my writing while my wife is still asleep, so there shouldn't be any problem. Anyway...to business:

Words today: 1900
Total new words: 1900

That puts me around 29k words overall.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 07:11 am:   

Tim -- I'm with you as far as writing while the wife is asleep -- I do my drafting early in the a.m. Nice work on the wordage!

I'm one flashback away from finishing chapter 2, which I hope to try and do over my lunch break today (it's all right there on the tip of my brain). I'm at 25 pages and 7,700 words. I want to hit 8k and get a line on chapter 3 before the end of the day...

This has been surprisingly fun so far, and not like work at all!

Luna Black
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 09:02 am:   

Testing...testing...

Luna
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 09:03 am:   

Got it! Couldn't post yesterday.
6/1: 641

pathetic...

Lee Capps
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:35 pm:   

I _wish_ I had a laptop. No, I like to mark up a printed copy of my story with a Mirado Black Warrior Pencil while standing at the kitchen counter. Romantic, no? Not when you're wearing yesterday's baby-puke-stained shirt and drinking coffee from a cup with a picture of a penguin on it.

When I'm lucky, this all takes place before the baby (and thus Louise also) wake up. Right now, I'm just trying to burn the candle at both ends.

More drafting this morning. Felt like it "clicked" into place. The seams where I added new material don't seem to be showing anymore. Will try to give it another read tonight.

Also, since everyone is giving word counts, my short story is now about 850 words _shorter_ than it was. So: -850 words. I beat you Luna!

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 06:20 pm:   

Today's words: 950
Total so far: 2380

Still keeping it YA so far.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 07:41 pm:   

Cool deal -- got to the 8,000-word mark AND finished chapter 2 tonight after a reading by Karen Joy Fowler at the local indie bookstore, Quail Ridge Books. It was a nice time, and she's a great person to listen to read as well as tell stories and answer questions.

Nice work, everyone! Keep it up!

Negative words, Lee? I won't stand for it! ;)

Tim Akers
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 06:49 am:   

Curses! Last week my dog had a case of the torsion stomach, and nearly died, and what with the recovery period I've been sleeping downstairs with her on the couch. Getting up at 5 is difficult without your usual alarm clock, and today I FAILED! FAILED! Oh, the tragedy of it all.

So. No words this morning. I'll try to get something done tonight, perhaps. What a lazy punk I am.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 08:25 am:   

Tim, I'm right there with ya--slept in today as well. But I've got some time carved out tonight, a date with the old laptop at the coffeehouse while my wife contorts her way through prenatal yoga...

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 09:06 am:   

Tim, I'll bet your dog's stomach problems are a result of her eating your novel. Likely excuse. Get back to work!

(Look at me so smug with a little over 2K, most of which will probably be axed in the rewrite.)

Tim Akers
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 09:28 am:   

Yeah, that must be it! She at me novel, the bint. And matt, how dare you write YA. I'm writing YA! What happened to the cyberpunk revolution, man?

John Klima
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 11:47 am:   

1800 new words for 5800 total. Just started today, three days into the month. We'll see if I can keep up.

JK

Mike Jasper
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 12:06 pm:   

All right John Klima! Great to have you here, bud. :-)

And I'm curious to hear about what you're writing...

Lee Capps
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 03:22 pm:   

Up at 4:30. Progress, but slow. So sleepy.

Luna Black
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 06:07 pm:   

I'm not hard to beat, Lee. But if you keep subtracting words from your novel I might just stand a chance.

Words 6/2: 345
Words 6/3: 853
Total: 1798

Sad, very sad... my only excuse is that I spent yesterday reading about Transylvanian wedding rituals so I'd know what the heck I was writing about. No sick dog for me. Right. Back to killing off the village! Woo! Burn, baby, burn!

Luna
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 06:09 pm:   

And which Jamie is that, that's doing the story-a-week thing?

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 06:40 pm:   

Tonight's offering: 1250
The story so far: 3630

Tim, it's cyberpunk ... for kids! Hook 'em while they're young.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 06:54 pm:   

All right, I'm happy to see all the progress, folks. Keeps me on task.

I got in another 1,000 words or so tonight at Borders, even though their free wireless was enticing and tempting me to surf instead of draft. Got a great scene written, or, I should say, the first half of a great scene written. More tomorrow!

Tim Akers
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 06:24 am:   

Okay, okay, today is my ten year anniversary, so no words. That's two days of failure in a row. FAILURE!

On a happy note, my wife got me a limited edition waterman serennite. Bestest pen evah!

John Klima
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:04 am:   

Have fun Tim, it's my eight year anniversary on Tuesday next week. Tonight is Harry Potter. But I'll try to write over lunch.

JK

Jamie Rosen
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 09:32 am:   

Luna -- Jamie Rosen. Sorry for any mix-ups that may have caused. :-)

So far, I've got about 2300 words and I'm trying to decide if I've written an unusual mainstream piece or the first part of a longer spec.fic. story.

John Klima
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 12:37 pm:   

1100 words today. Total up to 6900. Hope to get a chance over the weekend to do some more work.

JK

Mike Jasper
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 01:44 pm:   

Um, about 50 words today. Slept in and didn't get time over lunch to do much drafting. Argh.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 03:57 pm:   

Okay, scratch that previous message -- fortified by a little Scotch, while we were waiting for our Chinese food to arrive, I got about 900 words done on chapter 3, pushing the novel to 10,000 words already, after 5 days of work!

Man. This is really fun.

Gotta go -- the food's here!

Luna
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 06:42 pm:   

500 words today, I think. It was in longhand during lunch in my notebook. I *hate* it when I get right up in the middle of a combat and have to go back to work. Bummer. Nothing this afternoon as the hubby was home and I only get him for a few days.

I'm always confused, Jamie. I had thought for a second that perhaps Jamie Bishop had joined us.

And yes, this is fun. Now to stretch my knowledge of the 20's to the breaking point!

Jamie
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 08:14 pm:   

Luna -- No such luck. I couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag.

Although why I would be in a paper bag in the first place, I don't know.

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 05:22 am:   

870 last night
Up to 4500

Mike Jasper
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 10:23 am:   

I'm quite enjoying the daily writing I've been doing as part of this Dare, and because of my familiarity with the storyline (from working on it every day), the story is taking shape quite nicely. Luckily I plotted lots of events for the team to deal with, too many to fit in one novel, so I can pick and choose the most interesting ones to chronicle.

Chapter three had some good ones, too. I want to jabber on and on about them, but I don't want to bore ya. Just wanted to share the fact that I've knocked out three chapters already. I should be able to get a lot of chapter four written tomorrow, I think.

Up to a hair over 11,000 words, about 43 pages worth! Sweet!

Lee Capps
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 12:49 pm:   

All three stories covered w/ letters, clipped to envelopes which have addressed themselves, and stuffed into bigger envelopes which have not addressed themselves. Ready for the mail on Monday.

So I'm one day "ahead" by special Lee Capps rules. Which means tomorrow I'm supposed to start this novel. I've got some thinking to do . . . .

Mike Jasper
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 06:04 pm:   

Okay, got stalled out at 45 pages and about 11,500 words. I had some logical things to fix up today, then got distracted by mundane stuff like cleaning the house, laundry, and making some kick-ass ribs on the grill.

The life of a fiction writer ain't easy!

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 06:06 pm:   

Didn't write a word yesterday, and I don't even have a dog to blame it on. (Or an anniversary. At least I don't think so. No, definately not. Pretty sure.) I made the mistake of sitting down on the couch and found the director's cut of "Apocalypse Now" on IFC, and that was it.

I made up for it today, though. Got 2100 words, bringing me up to 6600. Dropped in a bit of foreshadowing and introduced two fun characters, the Goth twins, Hektor and Hekate. And the hero finally got to talk to his love interest. Did sparks fly? I hope so, but I may have to light a fire under them in the rewrite.

Tim Akers
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:26 am:   

So, I got nothing done on saturday except yardwork, and nothing done today. But on sunday I wrote 3k words, bringing me to 32k words so far. That's 12k new words since the start of this little dare. Mind you, by my schedule that leaves me 2k words behind. Maybe I'll get those in tonight sometime. We'll see, we'll see...

Matt, a YA question. Are you planning on publishing it under your name, or a psuedonym? I'm trying to decide if I want to avoid confusion between Akers Brand Science Fiction, and Akers Brand YA SF/F. Hell, this is something anyone can answer, if they'd like

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 10:00 am:   

If it ever gets published it will be under my own name. It isn't that different than the stuff I write for Asimov's. Despite that being an "adult" magazine, my own stories are pretty tame.

If I ever get around to writing that mainstream novel I've been kicking around, I'll consider a pseudonym. Otherwise, I need all the help I can get building up a fan base.

Jamie
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 12:48 pm:   

I'm probably around 4500 words so far -- two stories. I don't have an exact word count because one of said stories is handwritten.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 12:51 pm:   

Yeah, I think the only time you'd need a pseudonym is if you're writing so much stuff you couldn't release it all in one year without competing with yourself. We're talking 2-3 books a year. Hence the pseudonyms, which usually are done by genre.

I can't even imagine what that's like. 'Til then, I'll be using my own name. :-)

Mike Jasper
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 04:52 pm:   

Interesting... don't tell anyone, but I'm mailing off the entire manuscript to my urban fantasy novel THE LAST OF THE HAND to NAL/Roc tomorrow -- their new editor there wants to see the rest of it!

Sweet. I'd love to see that little novel get picked up somewhere. I had a ball writing it!

Now to get 200 more words to put me at an even 13,000 words for the Dare thus far -- the elusive 50 page mark still... eludes me.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 05:34 pm:   

Got it -- 50 pages and 13k, right on the nose. Nice.

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:16 pm:   

Just 765 words tonight, bringing me up to 7365. I also did a little outlining.

Congrats on the callback, Mike.

John Klima
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 08:30 pm:   

Nothing, nothing, nothing. Read through some submissions. Mapped out story placement in issue #7...but no writing.

Best of luck with the book, Mike!

JK

Tim Akers
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 05:07 am:   

Hey, congrats Mike. Exciting!

Well, I managed to get up early today, but I also had to be to work early, so I only got a measely thousand words out of it. Oh, well. That puts me somewhere around 33k words. By the outline, this thing will be 70-80k words. But what do outlines know, eh?

Mike Jasper
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 07:42 am:   

Thanks, gents! I was pleasantly surprised by the editor's interest -- I try to send queries out and then forget about 'em. Just mailed the whole thing off this a.m. at my lucky Post Office (you all have certain POs you use for luck, right?).

I also jammed out a great, great scene to end chapter 3 and get me to page 55 in the draft. The players on the team are fighting, the star pitcher just messed up his elbow, the first baseman just keeled over of heat stroke, and the 63-year-old coach is going to play for him.

Fun times!

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 07:53 am:   

I have a PO near my house (but it's not the PO who handles my mail because when I cross the street I enter a different city) for my zine's PO Box and shipping. I think they dread me coming in. I always enter with an armload of stuff going to different countries and what not. But so far (knock knock) everything has worked well with them.

Getting some words typed today, but it's slow as work intrudes.

JK

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 01:54 pm:   

100 words, total is 7K. Got tied up writing something for my wife since today is our 8th anniversary. Hopefully tomorrow goes better for me.

JK

Luna
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 05:51 pm:   

I try not to find myself in paper bags, esp. wet ones.

Sat: 0
Sun: 600
Mon: none. 6 hours of very interrupted sleep made for a very early bedtime the next day. Stupid early morning flights...
Tue: 300. Paltry, but better than nothing. No lunch break to use...got the stupid Korgo.H virus on a machine -- get this -- while downloading the stupid patches to keep the virus from attacking! 'The ironing is delicious,' as Bart would say. Financial crap ate up a good hour and a half.

Total: 3023

Just color me Scarlett O'Hara. Tomorrow...

Tim Akers
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 07:01 pm:   

Another thousand words tonight, interrupted by my old college partially burning down. Had to go see that. But home again, and more words tomorrow. Huzzah!

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 07:38 pm:   

1635 tonight, bringing me to an even 9K. I'll try to get into five figures tomorrow.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 02:38 am:   

Wow -- not even viruses, fires, or the PO can stop this crew from writing! ;)

Jamie
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 05:39 am:   

After typing up that second story, turns out I'm closer to 4000. Grr. And no writing yesterday. Grr grr.

Tim Akers
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 07:07 am:   

I'm alternating days of failure with days of triumph. No words this morning, and I have to take my dog to the vet tonight for a checkup. I suppose we'll see if I can get anything done after that.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 09:02 am:   

I hit 15,000 words this a.m., and am trying to see some light at the end of the Day Job tunnel so I can do some more. Not looking likely.

John Klima
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 01:47 pm:   

1,000 words today, total up to 8,000. I'm hoping for this piece to be a novella when I'm done; it looks like there should be no problem with that. Should I finish this piece (then it germinates and we revise later) then I need to get some ideas down for a YA fantasy concept stuck in my head.

JK

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 05:49 pm:   

Too....hot....to....write....gasp!

Lee Capps
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 03:46 am:   

Okay, after 4.5 mornings of cogitating, I was finally able to begin today. I now have a grand total of 260 words, counting "Chapter" and "1." It's not much, but it sure is a relief to be underway. Whoohoo!

Tim Akers
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 05:06 am:   

Lee. Um. 1 is a number. Hate to ruin your day, man.

No words for me today. Well, I did some dialogue in the shower, after I had turned my computer off in frustration, but it isn't down in black and white yet so I won't count it.

Lee Capps
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 03:03 pm:   

Damn. You're right, Tim. The loneliest number at that

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 06:29 pm:   

Much cooler tonight. I didn't quite make up for last night, but I did get another 1500 words, bringing me up to 10500 for the dare so far.

I won't finish this thing in June-July, but if my mo holds out I should have a good chunk of it by the end of August, just in time for Worldcon.

Hey, Tim, I've never tried writing in the shower. I should give it a try. Of course, I'd want to run the laptop on batteries ...

Mike Jasper
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 06:45 pm:   

All right--good to see those numbers rack up. I got about 700 of 'em myself today, after a very crazy-busy day. I'm hoping I can get my ass out of bed tomorrow a.m. and get to writing before the Day Job approaches.

So can you not write if it's hot? ;)

Lee Capps
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 03:39 am:   

582 words today
Grand total, not including "1": 841

Tim Akers
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 06:12 am:   

Okay, I'm going away to a cabin in the woods of wisconsin for a week, so I won't be reporting for a little while. On the plus side, I'm going there to write, so I should have a chunk of words to offer up next weekend. See you all on the other side!

Mike JAsper
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 08:22 am:   

Cool -- safe travels, Tim! Hope you've got a good extension cord for the laptop...

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 07:03 pm:   

Another 1500 tonight, a total of 12K for the dare.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 03:29 pm:   

Got some good writing and planning done on the novel today, pulling me up to page 68 and about 17,500 words. Sweet.

And I finally have my big plotline set up. That's a good thing.

Tomorrow -- I hit 20k or else on my birthday. My wife's giving me a get-out-of-the-household-chores-free card for the day. Sweet!

Luna
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 08:47 pm:   

6/9: 316
6/10: no lunch break. Running around. Bleh.
6/11: 269
6/12: 565
Total so far: 4173

Got all my chores done today, so I better see the other side of 5000 tomorrow, with any luck.

Lee Capps
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 03:42 am:   

6/12 -- No words. Slept in.
6/13 -- Today, "slept in" until 5 a.m. Wrote 386 words. Total--1227 words.

I'm still feeling my way. I should be able to pick up the pace when I get deeper in. Asked my magic eightball about the possibility of finishing this by August, though, and learned that, apparently, my prospects are not good.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 10:33 am:   

I hit my goal for today -- 20,000 words -- while tapping away on the laptop on the back deck again.

So I'm on chapter five now, and I'm looking forward to this one -- I get to write about former boxing champion Jack Johnson playing on the opposing team and how the All Nations try to beat 'em. In today's section I got to talk about Chicago's ballpark with the temporary name of Weegham Park and introduce Harry Houdini's previously unknown younger brother Arthur, who plays third base for the All Nations team. And my black player who thinks he's a Native American is about to go off on his version of a vision quest.

Yeah, I'm having fun with this book, can ya tell?

Nice work, Lee and Luna! Keep it up, folks!

And Lee, can I borrow that magic 8 ball???

Mike Jasper
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 10:52 am:   

Okay, let's move this party over to the New Novel Dare Thread.

This one's much too long...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration