Contact Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Asher, Neal » Contact « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Night Shade Books
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 02:33 pm:   

Hi Neal,

Drop me a line at jasonw@nightshadebooks.com if you get a chance, I'd like to talk to you about some things.

Jason

nealasher
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 01:02 am:   

Done.
There is a way to contact me by email at http://underworld.uk.com/nealasher Click Neal Asher>Contacts.

nealasher
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 07:37 am:   

I'll stick this on this thread as it is not being used for anything else right now. I have a very specific question for chemistry buffs out there. If you mix chlorine gas and methane, then shine a bright white light on them, you get an effect called photochlorination, the result being a big bang. Would this work at exceedingly low temperatures i.e. with methane being liquid (-162C) and the chlorine (I believe) being solid at that temperature?

Neal Asher
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 01:50 am:   

Okay, yesterday I finally succumbed and started my own blog. There's not much on it yet, but I'm sure there will be. I'm entering 'grumpy old man' territory and seem to find something to rant and rave about every day!

Here it is: http://theskinner.blogspot.com/

Neal Asher
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 12:46 am:   

'Check elastic before jumping' my SF short is appearing in the 22 June issue of Nature. Funny, the envelope they sent the magazine in was addressed to Dr. Neal Asher. I guess that's a precaution they take with all their contributors.

http://theskinner.blogspot.com/

Neal Asher
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   

Dear Sir,

It seems that after paying for a flight to Ireland we now must pay more because Gordon Brown has decided to tax us for the supposed damage we are causing to the environment. Putting aside the dodgy science behind this assertion, this is utterly contemptible, since everyone knows that the money gathered won’t be spent on the environment but thrown into the ever-expanding black maw of the public sector, and to finance the life-styles of the increasing number of fat indolent slobs Labour policy is creating. Not content with trying to screw every last penny from the responsible working people of this country, the Anti-Midas Brown is now trying for retrospective taxes. I for one intend to leave Britain at the earliest opportunity so as to stop feeding its greedy, grasping, burgeoning, bureaucratic state.

I am not alone.

It’s interesting, is it not, the outrage expressed in some areas at the looting of those cargo containers recently washed up on the Devon coast. But let’s face it, the people down on those beaches are only following the example set by the bunch of wreckers and looters presently in power. Are you surprised at the way those people behaved? You shouldn’t be – you created them.

I’d like to add that you are beneath contempt, but ‘contempt’ is not a term that can be applied to those who have power over you. You people have behaved, from the first day you gained power, like a bunch of malevolent children let loose in a sweet shop. I guess in earlier years you did have some ideals. They are all gone now you’ve seen how your muddled ideologies fail when applied to reality, and all it seems you can do now is destroy those things you hate, that work, and throw other people’s money at your failures.

Please leave now before you do any more damage.

Sincerely

Neal Asher

To: ministers@hm-treasury.gsi.gov.uk

http://theskinner.blogspot.com/

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register