Cowl Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Asher, Neal » Cowl « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Neal
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 02:54 am:   

The blurb and the cover for Cowl (another excellent Steve rawlings job) are both now up on my website under 'books'.
http://freespace.virgin.net/n.asher

Neal Asher
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 06:35 am:   

The limited hardback print run of Cowl has already sold out (released March 19th), and now Macmillan are doing a second one. The book has already received excellent reviews at http://trashotron.com by Rick Kleffel, 'Dreamwatch Recommends' and rates it nine out of ten, there's a good one at http://www.computercrowsnest.com and now another excellent review from Russell Letson in Locus. I've also learnt that Editorial Presenca in Portugal have bought the book for translation. Another translation deal: on another thread here I told how Bastei Lubbe in Germany, who previously published Gridlinked and The Skinner, have now taken The Line of Polity and Cowl in a two book deal. I've since learnt they took Cowl without even reading it.

nealasher
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 06:48 am:   

Romanian translation! Lucman Publishers in Bucharest would like to buy Romanian rights for COWL and THE LINE OF POLITY.

Neal
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 12:31 am:   

The Portuguese publishers of COWL, having difficulties with a direct translation, have called it A GUERRA DA EVOLUCAO which means THE WAR OF EVOLUTION. Cool.

Luis
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 11:15 am:   

A quick message to let you know that the Portuguese edition of COWL is now on sale. The translation is by renowned Portuguese sf writer João Barreiros (google around for a few of his stories in English translation, by the way).

Cheers,
Luís

Luis
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 11:17 am:   

Oh, the cover can be seen here:

http://www.editpresenca.pt/catalogo_ficha_livro.asp?livro=3706

nealasher
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 06:38 am:   

Hey Luis, that's an excellent cover. I'll whip that up on my website at once.

nealasher
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 12:43 am:   

Excellent review by Paul Di Fillipino here of the American issue of Cowl:
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/advance/11_books.html

nealasher
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 01:00 am:   

Bugger! Paul Di Filippo! I know how much it annoys me when someone spells my name Neil.

nealasher
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 01:12 pm:   

Readers with a taste for dense, high-concept science fiction will find much to admire in Neal Asher's Cowl -- Washington Post

Neal Asher
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 12:52 am:   

Ah, it would seem Cowl is on the shortlist of the PKD Award: http://www.locusmag.com/2006/News/01_PKD_Finalists.html

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 03:56 am:   

Neal: I just saw on ansible that Cowl has been nominated for the PKD award. Congratulations! Hope all is going well.

Neal Asher
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 08:42 am:   

It certainly seems to be! Jason & Jeremy are also about to publish Prador Moon, Cosmos Books are republishing The Engineer, and next weekend we celebrate the launch of The Voyage of the Sable Keech in the same place where you and Mr Vandemeer partied in London.

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 09:23 pm:   

Have a great time at the launch party. I had fun drinking with you guys at that place. Perhaps I'll get over there again.... Great to see all these new pubs and books doing well. Onward!

Neal Asher
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 03:15 am:   

Hah! It strikes me that any pub frequented by those in the publishing profession, writers and editors, probably does well. There'll also be a few supped on the 18th (the launch is on the 16th) when I do a signing at Forbidden Planet - the pub around the corner, again where I met you and the other Jeff.

Neal Asher
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 12:52 pm:   

Liz Johnson (Rights & Co-editions Manager at Macmillan) “…is truly delighted to report a Japanese deal for COWL. This is particularly exciting news as the Japanese fiction (and particularly Sci-fi) market is incredibly difficult at the moment - so many congratulations! Hayakawa Publishing Inc. will publish in paperback within 24 months.”

Excellent stuff – that’s country number nine after the USA, Russia, Germany, France, Portugal, Czechoslovakia, Spain and Romania.

Now, my thanks to Hayato Kato who approached me to get one of my short stories (The Veteran) published in Hayakawa's magazine. He took it upon himself to push me out there and doubtless this result is much due to him!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register