Hardcovers Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Asher, Neal » Hardcovers « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Night Shade Books
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 08:44 am:   

Hi Neal,

Are Skinner and Line of Polity going to be getting Tor hardcovers as well? I've got all of the UK tpbs, but I'm a hardcover slut at heart.

Jason

Neal
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 05:14 am:   

Gridlinked hardcover has been out since August, and I've just seen The Skinner hardcover up on amazon: one of the ships with its living sail and Keech zipping past on his AG scooter. These are both from Tor US. However, it does seem Tor UK will be doing a hardcover of Cowl, either that or it's a very expensive paperback at 17.99.

Mastadge
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 01:41 pm:   

My local bookstore finally got THE SKINNER in. It's had it in for several weeks, but only one copy. However, it was lost somewhere in the back room, but because they had it listed as in-stock, they wouldn't order me a copy. Twits.

Honestly, I enjoyed GRIDLINKED but it didn't blow me away -- in fact, it took me a very long time to read the first 3/4 of it, though the last 1/4 got me going enough that I decided to pick up SKINNER in hardcover.

I did definitely like the GRIDLINKED cover quite a bit more, though.

Neal Asher
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 12:41 am:   

It's one of the realities writers have to face that not all book shop staff are enthusiasts - but then in most cases selling an extra book or giving a customer extra service makes no difference to their pay packet, so who can blame them?

Gridlinked blowing you away -- it's all subjective. On the whole, though, people rate The Skinner higher.

Agreed about the covers, yet the Gridlinked one was the cheaper option. Ah well.

Neal
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 01:02 am:   

Brass Man cover is now up on the website under Books: http://freespace.virgin.net/n.asher

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register