Vanity Press Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Tambour, Anna » Vanity Press « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

AT
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 05:35 pm:   

I don't blog, but I have put this on myself because I don't know anyone with the right combination of high reputation and low taste, to send this ponging baby to.

The Watchmaker

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 09:04 am:   

Wow. I like it. And the "Bowl of Critters" concept.

So why don't you blog, Anna?

AT
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 03:20 pm:   

Ooh thanks, Jason. So pleased you like the Bowl of Critters, too. I don't blog because I don't think I have anything as consistent as a blog demands, to say; though I would love to have the reader participation comments section that good blogs have. I have Can of Worms, but people don't avail themselves of it, possibly because it's sorta formal.

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 06:40 am:   

I agree with Jason -- you probably should blog, Anna!

How about you give it a try? :-)

Rhys
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 01:00 pm:   

Yes give it a try.

You don't have to be consistent at all. You'll still be much loved and respected.

AT
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 07:48 pm:   

Loved, let alone 'much loved'? Crikey! Hated would be glorious, if that means read.And I was going to say 'You first, Rhys!' because you told me back in April that you didn't have a website, but I just checked to see if anything has changed, and you have a marvelous site, called delightfully (you sneek!) The Spoons That Ate My Ears

Thanks, Vera and Jason, for your confidence in finding something interesting on this hypothetical blog. See these two dips in the water, for they might make you go uh? I tried them in this month's Virtuous Medlar Circle, but that is why I started Bowl of Critters, as I only want pieces by others in the VMC.
Out -of-the-box Serving Suggestion
and
The Inimitable Mrs May
These might not move you at all, though the Serving Suggestion has a poignancy that strikes me deeply, and I wish Mrs May could have a statue erected to her, brandishing at Nelson or someone.

And as for other pieces, if I did have a blog, I would want the first piece there if done now to be:
A springtime project: Make a Snailarium!
(for it is springtime to many in this world, and snailariums are beautiful, and have you ever heard a snail eat? A lovely crunch.)

But is anyone interested in these things?

AT
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 02:14 am:   

and Rhys, you might wonder: What's a sneek?
So did I, so I looked it up in my I-was-correct-all-along Dictionary. It wasn't there (damn the publisher) but sneek(n) is 1.a town in the Netherlands 2.an artificial artificial sugar 3.a very smooth sneak. 4. A spondiferous duck distinguished by its ultrasonic hunter-repelling call
(I referred to you in the sense of meaning 3, or 4)

Rhys
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 07:34 am:   

I like being a sneek. Just never call me a sock!

I think you must be loved. Certainly in Portugal people kept mentioning your name. Michael Swanick and Theodora Goss were the other names that people kept talking about, neither of whom I have read (a situation I intend to rectify!)

I haven't heard snails eat but I've had the mistfortune of hearing people eating snails! That's not a lovely sound!

AT
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 03:09 pm:   

You're a sock, Rhys. Not only that, but a sock in sharp-needled progress, hand-knitted by the 80,000 rabid hand-knitter addicts who all have blogs and who meet each other and workshop after they each come home from the gym (where they knit while they pump). And because of your insult, the sock of you will have no elastic and will be horrorifically small, but they will still (all 80 million fingers of them, bloggers and addict readers together) fit the whole of your sorry skin over the spoon.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration