Locus Review of SPOTTED LILY Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Tambour, Anna » Locus Review of SPOTTED LILY « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 10:28 pm:   

Anna,

Did you see this very lovely review in Locus?

Locus - May Issue (Issue 532) by Faren Miller, page 21 and continued on 55.

Some of the things she says in a rather long and detailed review are:

"SPOTTED LILY is a wicked, thoroughly unpredictable romp of a first novel."

and:

"In sum, this debut novel provides a dizzying but delightful journey through old myths and modern chaos, turning FAUST and PYGMALION on their ears as it cuts its own path toward something like self-knowledge."
-- Locus

Rhys
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 11:13 am:   

I need to get hold of this book.

AT
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 02:57 am:   

Thanks, Vera! And Rhys, I'm delighted, sort of. You are living proof that my earth-penetrating Intghotb Hypnotising Ray has worked, at least on you, but why does it only work on one infamous Welshman? Is the sole-encompassing power of my all-encompassing ray stuck because of 'Intghotb'? If indeed, 'Intghotb' doesn't mean 'Universal', then can you recommend a better reference for me than the German-Welsh Dictionary? Check your llyfrau, man, or yr heddlu a phlismona, and help me out. I've got a few billion more humans to hypnotise tonight, and then I can sleep happy.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration