Classic childhood conception/misconce... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Tambour, Anna » Classic childhood conception/misconception « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

AnnaT
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 01:29 am:   

Alistair Rennie asked:
"Is there anyone else who can give an example of a classic childhood conception/misconception (as you wish!) which, while it doesn't accord with the laws of science, somehow accords with the laws of (non)sense?"
I've enjoyed his (though maybe he shouldn't classify his Dod/God with the flat cap as a misconception. I saw Them/Him in my morning toast today.) and admitted a couple of my own (though only some I've outgrown). Anybody else game to fess up?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 06:53 pm:   

I was sure that a silly B-movie I saw as a 7-year old back in Russia which had aliens on another planet, was *real*. As in, this really was an alien planet. And these were real aliens.

The odd thing is, I was not an idiot, I was not a baby, and knew people did not make it past the moon but there was this strange logical disconnect. It took me a while to understand this was a *movie* -- I was so blown away by a sense of wonder that this was real, real, real. *grin* I was also later blown away with how could I think this was so?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration