"Can of Worms" now online Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Tambour, Anna » "Can of Worms" now online « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anna T
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 05:34 pm:   

"Can of Worms" is now online, with pieces by Robert Burke Richardson and Neal Stanifer, and a reply by Alistair Rennie.
http://annatambour.net/Can_of_Worms.htm

Robert Burke Richardson
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 09:32 pm:   

:D

This line from Neal is probably the best thing I've read all day:

"Those who seek perennially to slap theory (and especially "postmodern" theory) with the cold halibut of reality always bring up the same handful of French thinkers..."

Anna T
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 10:13 pm:   

I think it's a great metaphor, too. Makes me feel positively fishy-smelling every time I read it.

Neal Stanifer
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 07:05 am:   

Anna, thanks for publishing my reply. Night Shade is a terrific forum for the airing of views, but it's nice to see a response made accessible in the same place as the thing it's responding to. I appreciate the work you put into this, and I hope your efforts generate some traffic and some energetic debate.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration