Wanted: Your aphorisms and epigrams Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Tambour, Anna » Wanted: Your aphorisms and epigrams « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anna Tambour
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 05:26 pm:   

I'm serious about wanting your wit and wisdom of 25 words and under, for

21C A & E: 21st Century Aphorisms and Epigrams

This will be a featured sub-site of
http://annatambour.net
and if it has a successful response, I'll give it its own domain.

So unsheath those rapiers! I know that all of you have 'truths', profound and funny, that you've both thought of and written. I know that many a book would have been better written if it had only been said in ten good words. Here's the place therefore, that's meant for your aphorisms and epigrams (only the public will decide which is what)--from deceptively simple, though not preachy or syrupy wisdom, to snortingly laughable rapier-sharp wit.

First submission period ends Dec 1. (open to any topics)

Send, pasted in email (no attachments)
Up to five (5) of your best. Length: Twenty-five (25) words or less.
AND Your bio, 25 words or less. Include URL addresses for your site(s) (word count here doesn't include any url links)

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 08:52 pm:   

Ok, you know I am gonna take you up on this one! *grin* This is a brilliant idea!

Geoffrey Maloney
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 01:34 am:   

Anna

Do you wish us to post them here? In any case here's couple:

"We should not be getting ahead of ourselves for fear of falling behind"

"From up on high all streets look the same"

Both are by Anthony Lastian a character in a novel I have been working on (for a while now)called "Lastians' Way".

Geoffrey

Anna T
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 03:04 am:   

Thanks, Geoffrey
Both for the welcome, and the interest in your quotes. I would like everyone to email them to me, so that I can publish each 'edition' with an element of surprise for everyone, in that most of the quotes won't have been seen before, or at least singled out and noted in their few-word glory. The spirit of both of these is what I am after, yes, and it's neat that there sneak previews into a to-be novel!

Number: Up to five, but if you send me a selection of say, ten, that gives me some scope to choose.

So just put them in the body of your email and address it to me at

anna_tambour@yahoo.com

And for everybody, I want that 25-word or less bio, plus any website links you have for yourself.

Looking forward to more from you, Geoffrey!

Anna T
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 04:23 pm:   

Still wanted. Some people have submitted really good ones, but not enough people.

AT
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 06:37 pm:   

One more try at this one. Steve Aylett got it, in one. So did Nancy Jane Moore, Ben Peek, and Alistair Rennie. But they weren't enough to launch it. If you have any doubts about what I'm looking for, see Aylett's Quotes Page

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration