Greetings Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Tambour, Anna » Greetings « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anna Tambour
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 06:24 pm:   

Greetings,
The inimitable Jeff VanderMeer has been kind enough to set a place for me at your table, so thank you, Jeff. It is a privilege to be included amongst you all.

Now, through nervousness, I not only left the 'h' out of 'launched', when I posted yesterday, but garbled the address of my site, 'Anna Tambour and Others', (including 'The Virtuous Circle of Medlars' where Vera Nazarian's essay is the top feature).

Here's the url: http://annatambour.net

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
I announced yesterday, in same garbled mode as rest of my announcement, my idea for a section in my site. Ben Peek and Steve Aylett have already responded with some beauties.

I'll repost here, and hope to read your wit and wisdom:

21C A&E: Twenty-first Century Aphorisms and Epigrams
A Call for Submissions: If you don't mind the arrangement of your work being in a part of a personal site, and approve of the sub-site aspect, I hope to launch a feature in the 'Virtuous Circle of Medlars' part of http://annatambour.net called '21C A&E: Twenty-first Century Aphorisms and Epigrams' because it's about time that people didn't have to look back to Bierce and others of his time and centuries earlier for a good pithy truth or meaningful wit in the twenty-five words or less category.

So I think it's time that the authors of today be quoted, and that the art of saying much in few words is honed and celebrated.

Submissions: Till Dec 1 - open category, submit as many as five of your own. Can be crafted anew or taken from your own work. Along with submission, supply a bio with any web links included to pages you might have. Bio 25 words or less (not including web page links).

If the site becomes anything of any size, then it will be internally searchable, and if it really becomes anything, it will cease to be part of my own site and I'll give it its own domain.
Until that time, I don't know if the idea will end up being a damp squib.

I appreciate sharing this space with you all.

Anna

KeithB
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 04:23 am:   

Hi, Anna,

Good to see you here! So: what can you tell us about the new novel?

Anna Tambour
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 08:41 pm:   

Hi, Keith!
Thank you for your interest, good fairy (If it weren't for Keith, "Monterra's Deliciosa..." would have never gotten the opportunity to come out of manuscript prison. I thought they were all there for 'life').
Spotted Lily is scheduled to come out in Jan/Feb, from Prime. It takes place in Australia and beyond.

JV
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 06:20 pm:   

Welcome, Anna! And thanks for the info on your new book.

JeffV

Anna T
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 05:50 pm:   

Thanks, Jeff!
The cover pic is now on the site, if you want to have a squizz.

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 08:49 pm:   

Anna!!

Welcome to your own Nightshade topic, at last. So good to see you here!

:-)

Vera

Geoffrey Maloney
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 01:22 am:   

Welcome to Nightshade Anna

Geoffrey

Mike Jasper
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 03:36 am:   

Hiya Anna! Very cool news about your upcoming novel! I like that it has a similar look to your story collection, which I'm looking forward to reading VERY soon.

AnnaT
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 04:58 pm:   

Thanks, Mike!
I've now put a little teaser under the cover pic.

www.annatambour.net

JV
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 10:20 am:   

Anna:

Just a note that my emails to your email address are bouncing.

JeffV

Lee Battersby
Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 07:06 pm:   

Hi Anna!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to a new board-neighbour!

So what's coming up from you? Anything I should be keeping an eye out for?

AT
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 08:22 pm:   

You've crushed me, Lee. I WAS writing a 17,000-word epic poem about a cat for Ticonderoga (you don't really MEAN those guidelines, do you? I mean, they're just GUIDElines) but thanks to you I've learned that some bugger's gazumped me with you, and I don't know who else. I think it's his style, not his content, eh? I've just submitted mine (hoping he doesn't get to them first) to "Gun News". Their guidelines don't mention cats.

As for other work, I've got a number of kites up and am making more. But unlike your flicked-off poet, I can't say that no-one's rejected me. I expect many of these kites will fly like leaf-minered leaves. It must be the string he uses, or possibly yellow paper...

Lee Battersby
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 03:25 am:   

Ahhh, I have good news for you, Anna. I've just left Ticonderoga, so you can submit that poem after all.

In all seriousness, I wish you'd submitted something before I left. Why did I never see you in my slushpile?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration