Week 4 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Week 4 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 08:15 am:   

There are very few games of national interest this week. MSU gets a shot at ND, and that could be a close one.
Mich could experience a bit of a letdown against Wisconsin, but I don't think they will. That;s a team on a mission and their O line is just too good. Alabama-Ark, OSU-Penn State, Cal-ASU. Ennh!

More on Week 3, or as Darren called it WEEK THREE... :-). That Michigan-ND game was sweet! Brady (he's not all that) Quinn's Heisman hopes dashed! NC championship hopes trashed.

Miami will lose at least three more games and Coker will be lucky if he gets out of town intact.

The Big East is over. WVA wins it and goes undefeated.

Florida gets KY this weeked, then Alabama, LSU, Auburn. Fuggedabout it! If they get through that stretch and get ranked below SC, the entire NCAA ought to be shot.

Darren
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 10:06 am:   

I see somebody, ahem, took my cue with MUZICK 9.:-)

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 10:13 am:   

When appropriate, yeah, I capitalize.

So after that bruising Bama game yesterday, what's yer take on the tide.... :-)

Darren
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 11:09 am:   

I think they're fine offensively if they'll quit with the ramming Darby down throats that won't have him. Not counting yesterday's scrimmage, he rushes for, like, 1.8 yards a carry or something. The other backs go five or more a pop, in part because they're not being keyed on, in part because they're explosive, particularly Johns. We don't look to have missed a beat with the loss of tailback Coffee. QB appears to be solid -- against obviously lowly competition. Offensive line's solid. Receivers, especially Keith Brown, are quality.

The problem is on defense. It hasn't jelled as fast as one would like. Even yesterday, they let Louisiana-Monroe's back rush for back-to-back nine, ten, eleven yard gains on their scoring drive. Very un-Bama-like. Hawaii threw the ball all over the place on us. Granted, that's what they do -- but previous defenses would not have allowed that kind of yardage. I do think the D will come together eventually, but it may be too late with Florida only two weeks away.

Special teams: mediocre, though we have two good field goal kickers (1st stringer's got a groin pull and hasn't been playing).

CBS has picked up the Arkansas game next week for a 3:30 eastern kickoff. This will give a better idea. It's kind of hard to get a good feel when you're listening to the games on internet radio and watching Gamechannel.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 11:26 am:   

Well, I hope they stay the same on defense. ;) I don't know if I'll get to see that game--I've got a ton of work to do before I leave, but I'll try.

Forrest Aguirre
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 06:13 pm:   

"the entire NCAA ought to be shot."

Hmm . . . :-)

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 06:29 pm:   

When you get to thinkin' about it, sounds right reasonable. y'know?

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 06:33 pm:   

What happened to Prothro, the kid who made that great catch and broke his leg (arm?)? Is he back for Bama, Darren?

Darren
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 07:08 am:   

Lucius: There were some complications after the operation, a severe infection, which affected his recovery time, though I'm not sure he would have been ready anyway. He's been medically redshirted and will be back next year, for one year. Which is one of the reasons I think Alabama will be in position to contend next year.

Not that I've written them off this year! But I'm realistic.

Oh, and an addendum to my analysis above: While I say the offense is fine, they're not finishing the deal. Up and down the field they go, but they're not punching it into the end zone like they must against the Floridas, LSUs & Auburns. But this will turn around. The D's the problem.

Minz
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 07:36 am:   

I'm hoping for the letdown from Michigan, but I think you're right, Lucius. From what I read about the offseason, the whole Maize & Blue team took last season's 7-5 to heart and worked their butts off, and it sure showed against ND (coupled with the UW win, a very nice salve for watching the Pack continue down the road of rebuild hell.) Throw in the fact that the BADgers were one of the three teams that managed comeback wins against Michigan and the game's in the Big House, and I just don't see a letdown in the cards. That being said, the UW d-line is starting to come around. If the game were in Madison, I'd feel a little more hopeful. Stocco certainly will have to play the game of his life, and the way he looked against SDSU, ain't likely.

This week is definitely a letdown compared to the first three weeks. Might not watch anything more than BADgers game (and after that game, probably won't want to watch football--I'll have to monitor MSU-ND, but I think ND may bounce back and crush the Spartans. I hope not, but I gotta call it like I see it.)

#1 observation from week 3: That Auburn D sure can play.

Forrest Aguirre
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 08:03 am:   

there's a lot of Stocco apologists here griping about how he was playing with an injured hand. Injured or not, he can't hit his receivers on the long ball, which means UM is going to load the box and stuff the run time after time. Our D will do just fine against the Wolverine's O, but we'll be playing catchup all game long unless the D can create three or more turnovers that then capitalize on. Not likely . . . I see an L for the Badgers this weekend. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they'll lose (though it might be closer than some would expect).

I think MSU might just pull it off. ND looked totally deflated on Saturday and I don't know if they'll bounce back quickly enough.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 08:33 am:   

Darren, that's good Prothro's gonna be okay. He's a wonderful player. Punch it in the EZ like LSU and Auburn? You did see the game last weekend, no? :-) Be interesting to learn how the spread will do against those guys.

Minz, anything can happen in college ball, but I iike the Wolves chances. It shaping up to be another Big Two, little Eight year. That UM-OSU game is going to be competitive. Manningham, who beat PSU last year, is a horse.

"Our D will do just fine against the Wolverine's O..."

Forest, on what do you base that assertion? This ain't Bowling Green, and that's a hell of an offensive line. We'll see how like being on the field for 40 minutes. That said, I agree with you about Notre Dame. MSU's is pretty good with a good mobile QB, and ND is not as good as advertised. They've got a shot.

Darren
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 08:51 am:   

"You did see the game last weekend, no?"

Vicious, viselike defenses. My point is, multiple trips to the Red Zone without points against teams like Vandy and Hawaii spells trouble against, well, even Arkansas.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 08:54 am:   

I know, I was j ust joshin'.

Dave G.
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 09:05 am:   

Lucius, my condolences on a bittersweet wknd. The U falls, but ND is bashed.

And BC creeps into the Top 20...

Lucius
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 10:13 am:   

It's all good, Dave. Coker is toast, and that makes me happy....

Lucius
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 10:17 am:   

Did anyone see where Texas was awarded weekly defensive honors on ESPN for their job on Rice? I'd say Auburn, Michigan, et al did a little better job.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 12:34 pm:   

Maurice Claret agreed to a plea bargain that means he'll spend at least three and a half years in jail.

What do you say?

Darren
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 10:40 am:   

Bama +2 at Ark

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 10:45 am:   

I don't know either team that well.

I'm not following close enough this year. What's the line on Wisc-Mich.?

Darren
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 11:03 am:   

Mich -14

CBS will be televising Bama-Fla, 3:30 ET, but you'll be in Nicaragua, right?

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 11:43 am:   

No, I'm leaving the 30th.

14 huh, that soiunds about right.

Forrest Aguirre
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   

nothing to say about Clarett. Whatever.

I think MI 21, WI 10, though I hate to say it. :-(

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 01:11 pm:   

My prediction....Pain.

Michigan 31 - Wisc -- 9

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 09:08 pm:   

I like OSU -14 versus Penn State
West Virginia -21 versus East Carolina

I'm tempted by Tenn -21 versus Marshall

Also USC to cover
Oklahoma to cover

Darren
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 07:11 am:   

Yeah, the favorites (and heavyweights) jumped out at me too:

USC -21
Louisville -14
Ohio State -17 (that's the # I have)
Georgia -26.5
Auburn -42
Florida -24

Maybe:
Troy +22
Hawaii +15

I really like USC and Louisville to cover. Not so sure about Oklahoma.

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 07:13 am:   

Y'know, I keep waffling. Yesterday, I had myself convinced Stocco was going to have a career game for the UW win. Today, bittersweet reality has slapped me upside the face and I think we're gonna get killed.

Forrest probably has the right of it. We'll need a big edge in the turnover battle, and those TOs must lead to points.

And Dave, I don't get the BC ranking. Double OT to avoid the upset at home against BYU? Barely beating the Chippewas (yes, CM scored two late TDs to make it close, but there was still 4 minutes on the clock when CM pulled within a score). Yes, the Clemson win was decent, though we'll see where Clemson finishes the year, and again, 2OT to get it done. I wouldn't be feeling too confident right now. (Guess I'm in grouch mode today).

And while I'm on a roll, wtf is it about the Pac-10 getting so many spots in the polls? Didn't they go 3-2 in bowls last year, and only USC covered the spread. The only quality team in that conference is USC. The rest are pretenders. Put any of the rest of them in the Big Ten, and they'd be hard pressed to finish in the top half of the conference. (Ok, Cal crushed MN, but whatEVer.)

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 07:18 am:   

Yeah, Louisville....and Florida. But I rarely bet on teams for which I have an affection. Exception--I bet Miami against the Cornholers in the NC game. I just won't give 42 points. Something in me can't do it.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 07:22 am:   

West coast bias, Minz. :-)

Yah, it's butt stupid to rate the Pac 10 that high.

Re Mich-Wisc-- I think Michael Hart fumbles about once very three hundred carries and Henne's interception rate is comparison. Long day for the BADgers.

Darren
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 07:24 am:   

"I just won't give 42 points."

Yeah, that's the problem with that one. I'd probably end up throwing it out -- though more than likely Auburn smashes them 56-3 or something.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 07:28 am:   

Yeah, 56-3 sounds right, but imagine a game where they jump out to a forty-2 - zip halftime lead, so they they throw in the fourth string and with thirty seconds left, it's 63-21 and Buffalo's on the Auburn 12. I don't need that.

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 08:18 am:   

Minz, my thoughts on BC aren't that different from yours. Yes, the C. Mich. game was not a proud moment for the Eagles, but at least it was a win, and it's not like other big-name teams ("cough cough" Florida State...) haven't slipped and struggled with teams they should have pulverized. Winning in OT shows me something, a bit of toughness, perhaps. And, though folks here are quick to denigrate the quality of Clemson, that is a quality ACC win over a tough opponent.

"Confident"? Hardly. The Eagles ain't a top 15 team, by any stretch, but the season has gone better than expected, and they should be 5-0 by the time they hit the real test -- back to back games vs. FSU and Va Tech in October. That will tell if they are really a top 20 squad.

But Matt Ryan is playing well, as are Jamie Silva and Andre Callender, and 3-0 is a damn sight better than 0-3 or 1-2.

I'd say "optimistic" more than "confident."

I'm projecting 9-3. I just hope we can win enough respect from the Bubbas to avoid another trip to Spudsville.

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 11:31 am:   

The proof'll be in the pudding. You guys knock down even this year's version of Bobby's Boys and VT, you'll deserve a high ranking.

Sounds like you and the BADgers could be wrestling in the same neighborhood (of course, unless a whole lot of luck comes our way this Sat, it'll be tough for us to get a quality win to bring us up into the top 20--because we don't have that tough of a schedule.)

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 11:47 am:   

"...Not that tough of a schedule..."

Euphemism! :-)

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 12:51 pm:   

Beating FSU would be sweet after we let them off the hook last year. Beating VT would be even sweeter due to the vast # of Hokies around here...But I'll take either one!

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 01:25 pm:   

Hey, next year it's Michigan at home and at OSU back-to-back. I'm willing to bet that'll be one of the toughest, if not THE toughest 2-game stretch for any team in Div 1.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 01:31 pm:   

Two games do not make a stretch.

Fllorida plays LSU, Auburn, and Ga back to back to back.

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 01:43 pm:   

A short stretch?

Darren
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 01:46 pm:   

Oh, I see how it is -- LSU, Aub, and Georgia back to back to back. Bama doesn't even get a mention. That's bad karma for you.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 01:46 pm:   

Also Bama, Tenn in a six week period, with only KY for a breather....that's a stretch!

Darren
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 01:55 pm:   

That cross-post got your karma back!

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 02:23 pm:   

Fuck karma! Beat Auburn!

Darren
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 02:52 pm:   

:-)

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 11:11 pm:   

Must be getting near Saturday. I smell BADger urine.

;)

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 05:33 am:   

...trickling down BADger hind legs...

Forrest Aguirre
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 06:52 pm:   

It's true. But so is this:

Wisconsin 3-0
Miami 1-2

AP:

Miami 27
Wisconsin 31

USA Today:

Miami 27
Wisconsin 33

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 07:21 pm:   

You better talk trash now, boy. Next year we'll have Davis or Greg Chiano, and things'll be back to normal. But now, if it makes your eagle big to say we came within four spots of you in the polls when you had a clothing dummy for a coach, hey, you have fun with that, okay? Enjoy your tiny moment, your brush with greatness. Nourish yourself on those wins over mighty Bowling Green and Western Illinois. Next year gonna be here soon and maybe we'll see you this year in a bowl. Like they say in Jamaica, even the sick dog gots teeth.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 06:46 am:   

Jah, mon! Irie.

Did any one watch Ga Tech-UVA last night. Calvin Johnson alone was worth it -- 6 catchers, 165 yards, 2 TDs.

Minz
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 10:11 am:   

ya know, I just don't think of watching football on Th nights...that, and I don't get ESPN. (Which is _good_ for the marriage.)

Minz
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 10:20 am:   

I will say this. The BADger D matches up well against this kind of Offense, and they are starting to gel after starting the season slow. Biggest danger is CB Langford giving up the big play, because while he's technically solid, he just doesn't have top-end speed. He'll be the difference between a close game and a blowout.

Granted, with the way Stocco's playing, and Hill facing a big time D for the first time, I'm trying to figure out how we'll score points. But I do like the matchup with our D against their O (right up until they hang 42 on us...)

Awright, I'll go out on the stupid line and say BADgers win 16-13. And no, I'm not willing to bet on that. Not even with odds.

Minz
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 10:22 am:   

I will say this. The BADger D matches up well against this kind of Offense, and they are starting to gel after starting the season slow. Biggest danger is CB Langford giving up the big play, because while he's technically solid, he just doesn't have top-end speed. He'll be the difference between a close game and a blowout.

Granted, with the way Stocco's playing, and Hill facing a big time D for the first time, I'm trying to figure out how we'll score points. But I do like the matchup with our D against their O (right up until they hang 42 on us...)

Awright, I'll go WAAAAY out on the stupid limb and say BADgers win 16-13 (with 13 of the BADger points coming off turnovers deep in Michigan territory). And no, I'm not willing to bet on that. Not even with odds.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 10:37 am:   

Well, CB problems? One word -- Manningham. No let's make it two words -- Breaston and Manningham.

TOs aren''t likely given that Hart doesn't fumble and Henne is careful with the ball. The only hope the BADgers have is that M is not focused, and I've already stated my opinion on that. But anything can happen, I guess. Pigs can fly, Rats can quote Virgil, and BADgers can beat UM.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 07:40 pm:   

Go Spartans! Beat the Leprauchans!

Forrest Aguirre
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 07:40 pm:   

And Coker can coach. :-)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Well, I could have . . .

Lucius
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 08:08 pm:   

Well, that's fair. He can't. But he plays one on TV.

Go spartans!

Lucius
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 08:08 pm:   

Well, that's fair. He can't. But he plays one on TV.

Go spartans!

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 04:02 am:   

Today is here! Can't sleep, messin' around on the computer, thought I'd crow.

We have two rats, bu and bonic, and they both quote Virgil with Nosferatu-like flair.

Oh, and Roll Tide.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 04:37 am:   

All aflutter about the Arkansas game. huh?

Okay, roll tide...for onr week anyway.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 07:59 am:   

Well, no, it's writing related. Concerned about making the right decision on something.

But now that I'm up and at it, I ain't worrying about nothing till after the game.:-)

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 08:02 am:   

"Okay, roll tide...for one week anyway."

It'll look better on your gators if they whoop up on an undefeated team.:-)

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 08:14 am:   

Gee, you must really care about your work. :-)

I doubt they;re gonna whoop up, but you said it,,,,,

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 08:55 am:   

Top picks:

Louisville -14
USC -21.5
Georgia -26

Arkansas is up to 3, Florida up to 27, Mich was down to 13.5 now back up to 14

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 09:01 am:   

I like WVA over EC.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 09:13 am:   

My whine for the day: I HATE playing Arkansas at Arkansas. At least when we play LSU at LSU or Tenn at Tenn, the team is riding the adrenaline train in, knowing what a huge game it is.

Wisconsin 7-0. How did that happen? I just turned the TV on.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 09:23 am:   

Michigan fumbled and Wisconsin drove a short field, scored on a defensive breakdown.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 09:36 am:   

One quarter down and Wisconsin holding their own.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 09:51 am:   

Zee tide is turning....And I don't mean Bama.

Minz
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 10:03 am:   

What was up with the ref picking up his flag on the block in the back of the punt that set up the MI TD? Gunner got taken off feet from behind, they throw the flag, and THEN PICK IT UP???

friggin homecookin...

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 10:08 am:   

Oh, jesus christ, Minz. As if the BADgers don't get any home cooking. And that block was from the side. They missed a hold, but that block was borderline.

Minz
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 10:13 am:   

I'm listening to the game online, so I only have the homer radio announcers to go by... I'm shocked to learn they saw they play through red&white glasses...

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 10:22 am:   

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 10:45 am:   

Col 10 UGA 0. WTF?

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 11:27 am:   

Col 13 UGA 0

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 12:26 pm:   

Wow, Georgia's sucking. Just returning home to settle in for my game.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 12:28 pm:   

Well, I see Louisville covered at least!

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   

I repeat I like WVA.

And Ohio State.

If I win those, I might take a stab at USC.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 12:33 pm:   

I think the UGA game's on the coaches. The playcalling has been atrocious.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 01:27 pm:   

Auburn 17-7 in the third. Jeez.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 01:37 pm:   

24-7 now.

How about texas only leading ISU by two?

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 01:44 pm:   

Yeah, I saw that. This shit is hard to predict.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 01:51 pm:   

Yeah. Looks like I;m in trouble with OSU. WVA looks good, though.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 02:04 pm:   

What lines did you get on those?

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 02:33 pm:   

14 on each.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 02:59 pm:   

Okay, now I'm sitting here looking at John Parker Wilson's numbers. 9-12, 193 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int. Now how the hell are you in a 10-17 game with numbers like that?

Running Darby on 1st down for no gainers doesn't help.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 03:00 pm:   

Nor do a gazillion penalties.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 03:09 pm:   

Not looking too good. 17-17.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 03:26 pm:   

Well, OSU came through. 28-6 with a minute left.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 03:27 pm:   

I'd say you need a FG kicker.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 03:37 pm:   

OT :-)

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 03:56 pm:   

Sorry, D

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 04:01 pm:   

Did you watch that? Playing for field goals when your QB has pitched for a solid eighty percent and no interceptions?

Bleh.

I'm going on a bike ride, even at the risk of getting crotch cancer.

Hope WVU covers for you.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 04:07 pm:   

And thanks for the condolences.:-) I'll get over it once I get back into my writing related decision that kept me awake half the night.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 04:17 pm:   

Yeah, tough L. WVA looks to be covering. Gonna probably bet on USC.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 04:18 pm:   

And you do need a placekicker. Man, do you.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 04:26 pm:   

Before today he was 7 for 9 subbing for injured Christianson. But yeah, he sucks and he sucks and he sucks again

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 05:12 pm:   

You sure that's enough suckage? One more can't hurt. He sucks, sho' nuff.

Won two, am down on USC

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 05:58 pm:   

17-0 MSU at the end of one qtr. Brady Quinn looks as much like a Heisman winner as I do.

Darren
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 07:05 pm:   

You're on your game, meistro.

Forrest Aguirre
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 07:47 pm:   

Well, WI loses, as predicted. I was shocked to hear the score at halftime, honestly. They played as tough as or tougher than any of MI's other opponents so far.

And I'm enjoying the spontaneous combustion that is Brady Quinn. Glad we don't play MSU this year.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 10:09 pm:   

I had to watch a fight, so missed the end of the MSU game. Bummer.

Minz
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 06:14 am:   

Be glad you missed it. Pissed me off more than the BADgers game. friggin' golden showers.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 08:11 am:   

Now they're gonna be in a BCS bowl again.....Fuck!!

Darren
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 08:37 am:   

Lucius: How would you handicap the Florida-Bama game after witnessing that abortion?

I figured it out: Shula was coaching last year's team, putting everything on the shoulders of a capable defense and a capable kicker (who won three games for us). He really did a poor job, I thought -- and I like him, mind you. He'd better make some adjustments in terms of maintaining attack mode or we're in for it against your chompers.

Missed the MSU-ND game, decided to write for the rest of the day. I see BC got knocked off.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 09:22 am:   

Well, you didn't miss much.

Yeah, I guess the NCState qb is now the anti-Flutie.

Fla-ALA. Wow, I haven't thought about it yet. I rarely bet on Florida or Miami, so my handicapping is not too be trusted. The loss to Ark should wake Bama up, they'll be motivated, and Fla has even tougher games coming up, so there may be an unconcscious holding back. But can Bama deal with the Florida offense? ALa doesn't have an elite defense like Auburn, I don't think. And FLorida's defense is probably as good as Bama's or close to it. I look for Tim Teebow to play a lot in this game and make something of a difference. ANd for them to use Harvin, their quick back, more. I think the Vegas line will open around Fla -8, maybe -7, and I think Florida might be better than that, maybe a 21-10 score. So I'd say

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 09:23 am:   

Well, you didn't miss much.

Yeah, I guess the NCState qb is now the anti-Flutie.

Fla-ALA. Wow, I haven't thought about it yet. I rarely bet on Florida or Miami, so my handicapping is not too be trusted. The loss to Ark should wake Bama up, they'll be motivated, and Fla has even tougher games coming up, so there may be an unconcscious holding back. But can Bama deal with the Florida offense? ALa doesn't have an elite defense like Auburn, I don't think. And FLorida's defense is probably as good as Bama's or close to it. I look for Tim Teebow to play a lot in this game and make something of a difference. ANd for them to use Harvin, their quick back, more. I think the Vegas line will open around Fla -8, maybe -7, and I think Florida might be better than that, maybe a 21-10 score.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 09:24 am:   

Maybe 23-10.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 08:30 am:   

So was that a trick question, Darren? ;)

Forrest Aguirre
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 11:42 am:   

MSU imploded, Darren. They had the game then, in classic MSU fashion, blew it at the last minute (or last three minutes). Stanton has to be kicking himself.

Dave G.
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 06:21 am:   

Congrats to NC State and the anti-Flutie for a quality win. I'm still shaking my head over how Tribble could have missed knocking down that wounded duck of a pass. But NC gets the W and that's all that counts.

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 06:56 am:   

Because he's a Tribble, he cute and fuzzy and has no hands or feet. Long live the anti-Flutie!

Darren
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 07:10 am:   

Yep, that's the twubble with twibbles. Okay.

Not a trick question, Lucius.:-) Line is 13, btw.

Forrest: I'm rather glad I didn't see that.

Dave G.
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 08:37 am:   

Let's just hope that he doesn't multiply like a tribble. Ah well, the top 15 was a nice dream while it lasted. But it would not be a BC season if they didn't lose at least one game they should have won.

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 08:42 am:   

Darren -- Shit, I was right on it. I thought vegas might undervalue last week.

Dave -- and he makes a disconcerting chirping noise.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register