Congrats, BADgers Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Congrats, BADgers « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

LS
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 06:37 pm:   

...on your men's NCAA hockey championship...

That's how we do it in Florida. Now would it break your brains to congratulate the gators? I guess it would, you bitter fuckwits..... :-)

John Klima
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 07:13 pm:   

LOL! What about our women's NCAA hockey championship? :-)

You know we can't focus on anything while Brett is undecided....

Seriously though, that NCAA final game was nice. Big congrats to the Gators. Nice to see someone win their first and nice to see not UCLA, Duke, UCONN, etc. winning the final game.

Good to see that the guys are coming back next year. Hope that doesn't affect their NBA stock adversely.

JK

LS
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 08:25 pm:   

Thanks, JK....and congrats to the women's team as well.

I heard that Brett hiccupped today and it was reported in the Green Bay Prairie Schooner or whatever they call it :-)

If it hadn't been for that BC goalie, Wisconsin would have won easy....

Gators in 'O7!!!!

John Klima
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 08:54 pm:   

Holy crap! Brett hiccuped? What am I doing talking to you?!? I've got a new entry to write for my blog!!!!!

;)

JK

ls
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 09:00 pm:   

Yeah, you better get on that. A nation awaits! :-)

Dave G.
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 06:47 am:   

Yeah, yeah, yeah, congrats to the Badgers...

BC choking in the Frozen Four has become an annual ritual...:-(

Seriously, though, great achievement for the Badgers mean and women.

Minz
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 07:29 am:   

Thanks, Dave, LS. And if I hadn't said it here on NS, congrats to the Gators. I whoelheartedly agree with JK--it's great to see someone win their first hoops NC, although I'm all about hockey dynasties...

And Dave, it was a great game. BC didn't choke. While the Badgers may have had more shots on goal, your BC squad outfought the Badgers. But the Badgers just sat back, absorbed the BC hits, and then struck when opportunity presented itself--I really think it was a matter of experience winning over youthful enthusiasm, knowing how to sit back and wait for the right opportunities. (I bet well over half the game was spent on the Badgers end of the ice, but that's not what matters). Remember your squad is dominated by frosh & sophs. You should be in the FF for the next three years.

And not only did Big Red become the first school to capture both mens and womens NC in hockey, UW was named Best Party School by Playboy (to go with last year's Best Party School from the Princeton Review). Or, as the radio dj said in sharing the news, the most likely school thatyour kid will flunk out of in the first semester... (his grammar, not mine)

LS
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 07:47 am:   

Well, I think size made the difference, those huge Wisconsin defensemen...and the men's team was pretty big as well. They must suckle off the same steroid bottle.

Back to normal, huh? :-)

Dave G.
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 08:34 am:   

Of course, I meant "men and women."

Minz
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 09:12 am:   

I agree size made a difference, though I'll take the less jaded (more naive?) approach of observing that it was mostly UW's 21 to 22 year olds (even a couple of 23 years olds) v. 18 & 19 years olds for BC

LS
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 09:26 am:   

Bone structure is bone structure. The Wisconsin defensemen looked like they'd been grown in a vat, with a brain added later. :-) Anyway, I don't think you're gonna get a growth spurt of significant strength to grow those quick little BC players into monstrous hulks in a couple of year. The BADgers were just bigger and there;s nothing wrong with that...

minz
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:17 am:   

I will say this: the BC forwards and centers were scrappy as hell, and showed no fear in their very aggressive forechecking. I really enjoyed the games this past weekend. Best hockey I've watched in quite some time.

Quite unlike the lameass PPV HBO boxing that came on after the hockey. Chavez Jr looks like he may be able to fight, but his opponent was beyond a joke--I've seen two-year-old kids with better fightin' skills than that joke.

Forrest
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:27 am:   

I thought BC played very well. I was nervous up to the buzzer . . . and a few seconds beyond!

And, for the record, WI is the first school to have won both a mens' and womens' NCAA hockey championship in the same year.

And as good as it was, man I miss football . . .

Good thing one of my kids plays soccer, otherwise I'd be stuck with PGA and bowling until autumn, and that is a horrible, horrible thought.

ls
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:29 am:   

Chavez Jr will get KOed by the first decent fighter he's in against. He almost lost his last fight against a slightly more proficient fighter than he fought the other night. He's being protected--what's he had? !9 fights? And he's still taking on fighters who might show up in an early prelim on a card in Missoula, Montana?

I thought the rest of the card was very good,

LS
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:36 am:   

How 'bout those Gators, Forrest?

Forrest
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 11:14 am:   

The Gators were very impressive - and I was cheering them on the whole time. What do you think about next year? Another trip through the brackets? Noah is incredible.

LS
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 11:59 am:   

I think that;s too much too hope for. With Noah and Horford and Brewer back, though, another Final Four might be possible. Carolina's going to be loaded. As is OSU. And I suppose UCONN will be as usual. But yeah, Noah is an amazing player. Great body control allows him to get all those blocks without fouling. I'm glad he stayed, because he needs to gain weight before NBAing...

ls
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   

And it's nice to see Donavan get props. 2 championship games in 6 years is pretty good. You probably don't recall him as a player, but he was one of my favorites, a scrappy undersized guard. Stockton without the NBA game and the mean streak....

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register