The Draft Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » The Draft « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 04:34 am:   

I see in Mel Kiper's initial mock draft, he has the Pack taking Mario Williams, DE, out of Maryland. Minz's reaction...?

"Great pick! Along with Pismire on the other side, Williams gives the Pack arguably the best pash rush in the NFC. And the run D is solid with Lardass returning from his state-ordered lobotomy to back up Gorgo. Add to this a more experienced secondary (True, Stonefingers is, in reality, a rookie, having sat all last year, and Slomo at safety is a question mark, but you gotta believe a pass rush will make them better), the entire D is bound to be revved up to Super Bowl levels...or better!

"On offense, what I can say other than Brett Farve. Last years 29 ints were an abberation--Brett was dealing with his second cousin's bass fishing injury, and he'll be back to his 2004 form, despite losing his godson's cat to the cement pond. And 5th round pick, Native American RB, Steve Little Lameprince (a steal!!!), should rack up 4 or 5 hundred yards before suffering the traditional season-ending injury. Seventh rounder Wille "Sandler" Spitz, who obliterated competition in the hundred at the Special Olympics, should provide a sturdy back-up. With Driver and Walker (rehab, shmeehab) back and new guy, Phil Dropsy, bringing his season-high six catches over from the Saints, not to mention the return of Bubba, the receiving corps will be without peer. Add to that the coaching genius (okay, okay, it's still untried) of Mike McCarthy, and I see the Pack making it back to the Super Bowl...or better!

"And oh yeah, don't underestimate the return of Bobby Sherman at waterboy. Mike's son, who's remaining in Green Bay after divorcing his parents, brings a ton of intangibles with his spritzing of the wide-outs and his special butt-pats. As the team's source of hillbilly heroin, he's an invaluable part of the Packer family."

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 09:44 am:   

If only Billy could get Favre off the wagon--he just hasn't been the same since he got off the Vicodin...

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 10:15 am:   

:-)

Andrew Fox
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 07:29 am:   

Hey, Lucius! I was wondering, what with you being a big Cowboys fan, if you'd have any insightful (or even not so insightful) comments on the Saints' hiring Sean Peyton, formerly quarterbacks coach with the Cowboys, as their new head coach. Seems like it's going over pretty well here in town, although fans here are always happy and relieved when we get a new head coach, no matter who he is (I think Peyton is the eighteenth head coach in Saints history). Also, any thoughts as to which of the two lead quarterback candidates Peyton should pick for the Saints, Leinart or Young? I await your wisdom, oh Learned One.

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 08:07 am:   

Hey Andy, I think Peyton's a good choice; he's organized and serious and he won't be your buddy. The Saint's need a kick in the ass and he'll give 'em one. As to QB, I wouldn't take either of 'em. Linart's a smaller, weaker armed Carson Palmer, very accurate, and Young is a project, who has a great upside but it's gonna take a serious knee injury to teach he shouldn't run in the NFL. If pushed to choose, I'd pick Young. But I wouldn't take either of them. I'd try and trade down or use that first picj on Mario William, DE out of Maryland, because the Saints need a pass rusher. Then I'd take a QB in the second round. Omar Jacobs out of Bowling Green. 6'4". 245, great arm, mobile -- has the style of a black Ben Roethlisberger, and is a much more polished passer than young. That said, Kiper is reporting that NO takes Lienhart. It's possible he can succeed in NO, but I'm not sure of that, and I love Jacobs. His stock fell this year because his team sucked and his receivers had a lot of drops. But I'd definitely grab him.

How're the cats?

Andrew Fox
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 09:14 am:   

Thanks for the input, Lucius. Six of the cats made it through their ordeal just fine. One of them, however, sustained kidney damage from the weeks of little food and water and, after many stays in the animal hospital (and lots of bills) had to be put down. But, all in all, considering that we'd thought we might lose all of them, keeping six of of seven ain't bad. Thanks for asking! Levi and Asher are doing great, by the way. Asher's on the verge of standing, and Levi is picking up lots of new vocabulary (his latest bit is repeating "Outside? Outside?" about eighty times a day). How have you been doing, by the way? I hope you've made good progress with your eye troubles.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 01:50 pm:   

Watching the Senior Bowl. So far Charlie Whitehurst has vastly outplayed Jake Cutler, who's 3-9 and 1 int (almost 2). Sinorice Moss has caught a couple of passes, 1 for a TD, and Dominic Byrd, the USC tight end, also looks good.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 03:22 pm:   

Sinorice Moss has really shown well today, Hackney of UAB came in late and engineered a TD, Looked good. They said BCroyle of Bama moved up this week to second or thrid round, which is nice cause his college career was pretty much a bummer. DeAngelo Williams is gonna be awesome in the pros.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 01:10 pm:   

Vince Young failed the Wunderlic? Wow.

Dave G.
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 01:23 pm:   

6 out of 50. Brother, THAT's talent!

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 02:45 pm:   

What's up with Minne?
Did the Browns make some good moves? Will they blow the draft? Warning -- don't draft Bunkley. FSU linemen have a history of NFL failure. Draft the African.
Assuming NO signs Brees, how far will Vince Young fall?
Redskin picks -- More stupidity?
How long is Brett Farve gonna play games with the Pack? And whatever happened to Poppinga?
The man who dissed the Star a Cowboy?

Answer please.

minz
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 10:16 am:   

In order:
Minne still sucks. Hence the trees in WI still lean to the West
Browns haven't done much (picked up a good OL, I think?). Don't they always blow it?
Amen. Jamal Reynolds, anyone? FU, FSU.
Young will be a top six pick.
One can hope.
As long as he wants to.
Poppinga blew a knee and is rehabbing (not major knee, but enough to rob him of the majority of last season)
Hey, I'd love to see him do a re-dux of the dance on the star, and have the fur-wearing quiche-suckin' fans in Gawd's Own Toilet Bowl cheering him on. Karmic balance. And then, he'll totally fuck over the team. BEEEEOOOOTIFUL. It could only get better if he were headed to MN

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 10:43 am:   

I detect a severe bias in some of your answers.
:-)
The Browns picked up Jurevicious, and that's good
I think the jury's out on Minne...but Hutchinson's gonna be great for them...
Ah, Poppinga...where have you gone? The knee ought to make him even quicker.
I think Young might be there when AZ (TOTF) picks.
TO will have one good year and thats all Dallas wants.

As for Lady Brett, what an asshole. "I want to see what they do in free agency." Well, that ship has sailed, Brett baby. They aren't doing squat.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 01:23 pm:   

Browns sign Willie McGinest! Yea.

minz
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 01:43 pm:   

HEY!
We signed an up and coming safety outta Seattle.
We're agressively going after Pickett (26 year old NT outta St Louis)
Bringing in Vinateri (who's never complained about having to kick outdoors in the cold)
And there's still a lot of time and potential money that could be spent. WAAAAY too early to diss thompson.

Heck, Thompson's been a lot more active than I expected. Still plenty of time to not actually get any of this done, but I've actually got no complaints . . . yet. (Well, I would've liked to have seen them go after the Edge, but I knew that was not going to happen. Otherwise, we haven't lost out on anyone we were aggressively going after--yet. I wish we wouldn't have lost Longwell, but there's no way he was going to stay. He'd been whining about kicking outdoors in winter for years.)

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 01:55 pm:   

Yeah, Vinateri, that's gonna save the Pack. Longwell was a good kicker. Trouble is, they're not the kind of guy who's gonna break thru Hutchinson and McKinnie to sack the QB. The Vike now have one of the best left side OLs in the league.

Face it, Minz...The pack are gonna have another sorry year no matter who they get.

Browns got Ted Washington and McGinest. They may be old but they're gonna help.

~b.
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 03:49 pm:   

Rumor up here in el norte is that Vikes are going to package up some picks and get a Quarterback of the Future in this draft, since we just dumped our Quarterpounder of the Future.

And oh, how I hope, I hope, I HOPE Owens ends up in Dallas!

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 05:32 pm:   

Actually, since I like the boys, I do too. I think he'll be great for a year.

Minne has to get a qb, but I doubt they can move up high enough get one of the top three. NO isn;t going to drop down lower than 4; Tenn grabs one; Detroit another. You can probably get Whitehurst.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 07:26 am:   

Well, with a new coaching staff and a new-but-veteran QB, at least the Saints should be interesting to follow this coming year. I've heard rumors that our soon-to-be-released QB, Aaron Brooks, may be heading up to Green Bay. Any comments on that, Mr. Minz??? And Lucius, how are things going Way Down South with you?

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 07:41 am:   

I'm way up north now, Andy. Doing good. Had a great time in Honduras. Helped some guys move a decompression chamber to the Mosquito Coast, etc. How you?

Aaron Brooks in GB? To quote Minz, BEYOOTIFUL!

The understory on the Saints signing is that the 'fins had some concerns about Brees' shoulder. We'll see.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 07:53 am:   

Hey, Lucius, I'm glad to hear all went well with you in Honduras. My family and I are doing well, apart from recent illnesses that took everybody down at the same time. Asher had some minor elective surgery that he's recovering from nicely; plus, he just took his first unassisted steps. Levi's therapists are hugely impressed with the progress he's been making on his speaking and overall communication. Thanks much for asking!

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 08:35 am:   

But how are the cats? :-)

minz
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 08:40 am:   

Haven't read word one about Aaron Brooks comin' to GB--probably just fans connecting dots, since Pack's new head coach is the only one who ever got Brooks to perform. Only way it'd happen is if Brett retires, and the Pack want Rodgers to have competition/cushion of one more year of understudy, and I don't think Brooks has the temperment to step into that situation. (Too many other teams probably willing to give him a legit shot to start.)

Picket deal is done. Just the kind of young run-stuffer the Packers need to help keep OL off of LBs.

Pack are doin' just the right thing with free agency--ala Pats, looking for mid-level FAs with upside. And with the money we have, that's a lot of mid-level FAs, to build depth and promote competition.

And Mario Williams is just the kind of guy to complement KGB with the pass rush (Andy, your Saints better keep your hands off of him in the draft, darnit.). If we draft Williams, KGB goes back to situational pass-rusher. Run D gets much better on the line, and KGB goes back to being stud, 12+ sack man, instead of wearing down as everydown player.

I kind of agree with you Lucius. I think T.O. could be great for a one year deal. Sorta wish the Packers would think about it, ala Andre Rison signing, which was a key pickup for the SB championship season. Of course, that was a midseason pickup. Whole year with T.O. is a little dicey, but the upside is tough to ignore.

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 09:09 am:   

Are you at work, Minz? I can't believe you're missing the tourney.

Pickett will help, but man you need a whole lot more than him.

As for TO, give him an incentive laden contract you're cool. Last news I heard was that the fins get involved. That might just put 'em in the Super Bowl. Can you imagine TO and Chris Chambers?

minz
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:38 pm:   

T.O. & Chambers. Kinky!

Lucius
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 05:20 am:   

ESPN reports that TO has inked a deal with the Cowboys, but that it has not been announced because they''re waiting for Jerry J to get back to Dallas.

It's a good thing for the boys, probably, but Jeez, having to root for TO....Not good.

~b.
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 05:27 am:   

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Culpepper is in full-on meldown mode. Maybe heading home to FL will help shake him up, and I hope so, but I think this huge injury, combined with watching an old man come in and turn his team around has been a huge ego-blow. The whole thing of exploding at new coach Childress over having his starter status challenged (oh, poor dear, he's going to have to work his way back into the pocket) and then firing his agent to negotiate himself - all this from the NFL's top-ranked quarterback fumbler who doesn't read defenses well, and who only excels when the game is already in hand. He's not a leader. He has yet to define himself in his post-Moss career. And with this injury, I think he'll lose a dimension to his game - he'll definitely never be known as a running quarterback again.

People are going to say the Vikes got the better end of this trade.

Throw this back in my face when he saves the 'Fins at the end of this season...

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 10:57 am:   

I think Saban knows what he's doing. He hasn't made many mistakes thusfar and Culpepper may not get to where he was, but he'll be better than Ferotte...With a receiver like Chris Chambers, he just might have a Moss-like hook up.

On another subject, the Jets might have a steal, nabbing Pat Ramsey for a sixth rounder.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 11:00 am:   

Oh yeah...Barth. What draft day QB are the Vikes going after?

paulw
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 01:51 pm:   

The Ramsay deal is definitely a steal. Gibbs has a huge blind spot when it comes to young quarterbacks -- I've never understood why. But the Jets deserve a little payback from the Skins!

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 03:44 pm:   

Hi, Paul...

And yet he went for Campbell. Any word on how he's developing?

Yeah, I agree. Gibbs fucked up with Ramsay.

Dave G.
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 08:56 am:   

Ramsay was up-and-coming before he got benched for Brunell. I think, under other circumstances, he really could have been a player.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 09:08 am:   

He might just become that player in NY...

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 08:24 am:   

The Jets are really moving people around. They lose Abraham, but have three of the first thirty-five picks.

Griese to Chicago's a great move for Da Bears.

I hear NE is going to make a move on Arrington; they better do something because they're hemmoraging players.

~b.
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 02:58 pm:   

Vinatieri to the Colts! All of a sudden the Vikes' Longwell signing looks especially sweet.

Still hunting down Vike qb rumors, Lucius. No one's told me anything that sound believeable, though.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 06:21 pm:   

Thanks, B....

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 04:59 am:   

Vince Young's workout failed to impress. The consensus is that he's dropped behind Cutler now. He ran a slower 40 than anticipated, he avoided some throws, etc. Frankly I'm beginning to think that the QB value is this draft is outside the top three.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 04:26 pm:   

Interesting Picks in Mel Kipers draft

Steelers -- Sinorice Moss wr Miami
Panthers -- Lendale White rb USC
Colts -- Laurence Mulroney rb Minn
Seahawks -- Adrain Youbouty CB OSU
Giants Kelly Jennings CB Miami
Broncos -- Deangelo Williams rb Memphis
Pats -- Santonio Williams wr OSU
Minn -- Ernie Sims LB FSU
Boys -- Jason Allen CB Tenn
Denver -- Chad Johnson wr Fla
Browns -- Kameron Wimbley DE FSU
Cardinals -- Jay Cutler
Raiders -- Vince Young
49ers -- Vernon Davis, te, Maryland
Packers -- AJ Hawk
Jets --D'brickishaw Ferguson
Tenn -- Matt Leinhart
NO -- Mario Williams
Texans -- Bush

A ton of cornerbacks taken in the first round; if Mel's right, many linebackers in the second.

Dave G.
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 04:30 pm:   

White could be the steal of the draft if he hangs around that long.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 05:51 pm:   

He certainly would be a good fit with the Panthers. I wonder if he'll get past the Cowboys.

ls
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 06:15 am:   

White had a lousy workout yesterday. Only 14 reps of 225 (Bush had 24), didn't run...Might lower his stock further...

LS
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 07:10 am:   

Here's a cautionary tale for all the draftees -- Steve McNair. For years, McNair rewrote his contract, pushing back millions of dollars so the Titans could sigh other players; now the Titans are going to release him, costing McNair those same millions. This is a guy who laid his body on the line, who gave up years off his life, who took the Titans to their only Super Bowl, and they're treating him like a plantation slave -- and here's GB bending over and kissing their own tush in order to hand Lady Brett a few million bucks so he can throw another forty INTs. Just goes to show that in the NFL, white is still right.

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 09:34 am:   

C'mon now, don't go all Spike Lee on us. This isn't a race issue, it's strictly a matter of class, as in Steve McNair is truly a classy guy, and standup teammate who took one for the team.
And, well, the team shoved it in even further and harder. Not exactly a big shock.

If Favre had the same broken and beaten body as McNair, the Packers wouldn't have a problem cutting him. Well, maybe. Keep in mind Favre won the Super Bowl. McNair didn't. There is a difference. And no, that doesn't mean Favre's better--the Pack had ther #1 ranked D when they won the Super Bowl, most folks don't remember that. But if McNair had won a Super Bowl, it might have bought him more time, because fans would've been more outraged at the treatment.

And we'll see. If Favre's still playing footsie come draft time, maybe the pack will take a qb, and have two young QBs fightin it out. I don't see it happening, but Thompson is the kind of guy who likes to build with the draft, and doesn't worry about kowtowing to his stud players. It wasn't until Thompson left Seattle that Shaun Alexander finally got his bank-busting longterm contract...

LS
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:25 am:   

You're right, Minz....mostly. I still say this is a race issue to some extent. I don't think the Titans would have treated McNair with such contempt if he was white. I think the Pack should move on. I know you'll never admt it, but they're not going to win a Super Bowl with Farve, so they're essentially in the same position as the Titans. They're just prolonging the inevitable. Let me put it this way. Do you think GB would be as loyal to Farve if he was black? I don't.

minz
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:46 am:   

I won't deny it could've played a role, though there's no practical way to confirm that. And in the end, race wasn't nearly the factor as sheer age, injury and giant salary cap hit (something like 24mil, I believe)

As for reaction to Favre, I'll point out that, just like with James Lofton and Mossie Cade, as soon as poster-white-boy, touted-as-a-possible-future-candidate-for-governor Chmura was charged, he was gone from the team. So on the negative side of things, the Packers seemed to have been color blind, punishing anyone who's dragged the Packer name into mud (though Lofton's was a raw deal--charges ended up being dropped, but he was charged, and that was enough. Same for Chmura.) But would they be as loyal is Favre were black? I think so, but I certainly can't say I think you're completely wrong in your opinion. No way to know. And there are crackers everywhere...

LS
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:59 am:   

Chimura was pretty broke down by the end.

The thing about the 23 million cap hit, he gave up the money so the Titans could sign other players, so basically screwing him out of money he should already have in the bank. That, i think, is gonna make agents less willing to rework contracts and will hurt teams in the long run. Real classless move by the Titans. And real destructive to the system...

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 12:45 pm:   

The notion of being a "team player" with "loyalty" is quaint but silly. Teams today are major corporations whose goal is generating profits. It is foolish to expect to be "taken care of" down the road. Could you imagine an EVP at Shearson deferring a bonus so they could sign a hot-shot analyst? No way.

LS
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 01:32 pm:   

Well, he bought into it and they chopped him off at the knees. I think the players will be a lot less likely to rework contracts now.....

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 02:19 pm:   

I mean, can you think of a player (besides your boy Brett) who has meant more to the recent history of a franchise than McNair? If they can treat him that way, it just goes to show: Every player is expendable and will be treated as rolling stock. I always thought the idea of giving back money in a "restructuring" was kind of looney, anyhow. How many of the sportswriters who praise a chump for "wanting to help the team win" would "restructure" their pay package with the Daily Bugle to bring in a hotshot new stringer?

LS
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 02:46 pm:   

That's what I mean...It's gonna change players' mentality. Yeah, the press...what assholes!

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 05:33 pm:   

I've always been mystified by the notion of sports "contracts." If you have a good year, you tear up the deal and "renegotiate." If you have a bad year, they tear up the deal and cut you. Or they "restructure" you out of your dough. What the hell is the point of having a contract anyway?

LS
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:14 pm:   

That's football. Both pro hoops and baseball have guaranteed contracts.

LS
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 05:41 am:   

Lendale White has definitely fallen out of the first round according to Kiper, who also says that Cutler may slide.

LS
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 07:44 am:   

ESPN reporting that McNair will be released and soon thereafter will be a Raven.

Dave G.
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 07:59 am:   

Does that mean the Boller era in Balto is over, or will McNair be taking a backup role?

Ls
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 08:09 am:   

What it means, again according to ESPN, is McNair will start, giving Boller more time to mature. I thought Boller had a pretty good season, so I believe they're giving up on him, and will be looking at QBs if not in this draft, in the next, because McNair has max another two years.

Dave G.
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 08:33 am:   

Yeah, I can't see somebody "maturing" other than chronologically by sitting on the bench. Sounds like a euphemism for "make us an offer."

ls
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 08:47 am:   

Exactly. Yet barring a trade, you know Boller will get playing time this year, because McNair won't make it thru without missing some games.

minz
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 10:28 am:   

Dave G: "Teams today are major corporations whose goal is generating profits."

Well, actually, the Green Bay Packers Corporation is a NON-profit Corp. As for the rest of the league...

And what I didn't say yesterday was that Lady Brett actually did take a pay cut about five/six years ago, so the Packers could re-sign Darren Sharper. (Actually, on paper, the deal made Brett the highest paid player in the league, but with all the deferments, etc, Brett took a paycut unless he plays until 2008.)

LS
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 07:25 am:   

Enough about Lady Brett. Saw an interview with Tamba Hali, the PSU linemen who Kiper now says the Brownies will take at 12. Man, despite Courtney Brown, i think this guy could be special--he's got a great attitude and work ethic, which Brown did not. Browns, grab this guy! Or a cornerback... ;)

LS
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 03:17 pm:   

Another Mock Draft

Houston Texans
Reggie Bush
RB
6-0, 200
Southern Cal
Texans looking to sign star running back soon after getting QB David Carr to sign a long-term deal. Bush can be a difference-maker for this club.
New Orleans Saints
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
OT
6-5, 295
Virginia
Ferguson is the premier prospect in an exceptional tackle class. New Orleans would love to nail down the left tackle spot with this guy.
Tennessee Titans
Matt Leinart
QB
6-5, 225
Southern Cal
Titans offense looking for a future starter here, and Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow helped develop Leinart at Southern Cal.
New York Jets
Jay Cutler
QB
6-4, 225
Vanderbilt
Jets need to address the quarterback position, especially when a top-talent like the former Vanderbilt standout is available.
Green Bay Packers
Mario Williams
DE
6-7, 290
N.C. State
Williams is the highest-rated defensive player on the board. Packers' defense will go through some changes after dismal 2005 season.
San Francisco 49ers
A.J. Hawk
OLB
6-2, 238
Ohio State
San Francisco is looking for an impact linebacker after losing Julian Peterson. They are big shoes to fill, but Hawk is capable of helping immediately.
Oakland Raiders
Vince Young
QB
6-5, 230
Texas
Raiders hope to land a future starter with the talent to excel in their traditional vertical passing game.
Buffalo Bills
Haloti Ngata
DT
6-5, 338
Oregon
Big defensive tackle from Oregon would be a good fit for the Bills' line, which needs help on the inside.
Detriot Lions
Michael Huff
S
6-1, 205
Texas
Lions secondary has lacked talent and leadership for a decade. Versatile Huff can play either safety or corner in Detroit.
Arizona Cardinals
Vernon Davis
TE
6-3, 253
Maryland
Cardinals hope to add another target to their already talented receiving corps. Davis is one of the premier players in the draft and may be the best athlete in this year's class.
St. Louis Rams
Brodrick Bunkley
DT
6-3, 284
Florida State
The St. Louis defensive front hasn't recovered from the loss of defensive end Grant Wistrom. This former Florida State standout was impressive at the NFL Combine.
Cleveland Browns
Chad Greenway
OLB
6-4, 234
Iowa
Cleveland's 3-4 defense would love to add this versatile playmaker from to its scheme. Greenway has the talent to be a future Pro Bowl selection.
Baltimore Ravens
Mathias Kiwanuka
DE
6-7, 262
Boston College
Baltimore is looking to add an impact defender for their front seven Kiwanuka is their guy.
Philadelphia Eagles
DeMeco Ryans
OLB
6-2, 232
Alabama
Philadelphia needs more playmakers on both sides of the ball after its decline in the 2005 season.
Denver Broncos (from Atlanta)
Santonio Holmes
WR
5-11, 185
Ohio State
Denver will go after this home-run hitter if they have the chance. He is a fine receiver who is ready for the NFL now.
Miami Dolphins
Ernie Sims
OLB
6-2, 220
Florida State
Dolphins coach Nick Saban wants to add a playmaker to the front seven especially after losing several veterans.
Minnesota Vikings
DeAngelo Williams
RB
5-10, 217
Memphis
Minnesota hopes stop the running back carousel and add a top feature back with this pick. Williams is a strong possibility.
Dallas Cowboys
Winston Justice
OT
6-6, 300
Southern Cal
Dallas' offensive line has to protect quarterback Drew Bledsoe better in order to return to the playoffs.
San Diego Chargers
Ashton Youboty
CB
6-1, 188
Ohio State
San Diego will address the secondary early and often this April. Youboty has the size and speed to start immediately.
Kansas City Chiefs
Jimmy Williams
CB
6-3, 219
Virginia Tech
Kansas City's improving defense still needs to add a top cover man. Williams' toughness will help in the secondary.
New England Patriots
Manny Lawson
DE
6-5, 245
N.C. State
New England will be looking for defensive help early in this draft. They go with a speedy pass-rusher with the first pick.
Denver Broncos (from Washington)
Gabriel Watson
DT
6-4, 331
Michigan
Broncos select Watson before Bengals or Giants get a chance. Denver is still looking for front-four talent other than former Cleveland Browns defenders.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Chad Jackson
WR
6-1, 205
Florida
Tampa Bay is looking for a big-play receiver and Jackson has the ability to deliver. Florida ties also won't hurt.
Cincinnati Bengals
Tye Hill
CB
5-10, 180
Clemson
Cincinnati desperately needs a top cover man here. Hill has good instincts and is also solid in run support.
New York Giants
Antonio Cromartie
CB
6-3, 197
Florida State
Cromartie is a first-round selection despite missing the 2005 season because of knee surgery. Would have gone higher had he played last season.
Chicago Bears
Eric Winston
OT
6-7, 310
Miami
Winston missed most of 2004 season with a knee injury. Started slow in 2005, but worked his way back into the first round.
Carolina Panthers
LenDale White
RB
6-2, 235
Southern Cal
Carolina plans to add a tough runner early. White is a terrific goal-line back to compliment the shifty DeShaun Foster.
Jacksonville
Tamba Hali
TE
6-3, 267
Penn State
Will help Jacksonville add some outside pressure on the front four. He pursues well and likes to deliver a hit when he gets to the spot.
New York Jets (from Denver through Atlanta)
Nick Mangold
C
6-4, 290
Ohio State
Jets' offensive line needs an anchor in the middle, and Mangold is ready now. Smart player scored 35 on the Wonderlic test.
Indianapolis Colts
Laurence Maroney
RB
5-11, 205
Minnesota
Colts would love to add this playmaker after losing Edgerrin James to the Cardinals in the offseason.
Seattle Seahawks
Kamerion Wimbley
DE
6-4, 255
Florida State
Might be a pass-rush specialist early in his career, but can develop into an impact performer in Seattle.
Pittsburgh Steelers
Bobby Carpenter
OLB
6-3, 255
Ohio State
Steelers may not be able to pass on this defender. Carpenter is an ideal fit for Pittsburgh's 3-4 scheme.

LS
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 03:23 pm:   

And the second round...

Houston Texans
Sinorice Moss
WR
5-8, 185
Miami
Texans are looking for additional speed at wide receiver to help stretch the field for David Carr.
New Orleans Saints
D'Qwell Jackson
LB
6-1, 231
Maryland
New Orleans needs an impact linebacker to elevate the defense. The 2005 ACC Defensive Player of the Year should help.
New York Jets
Marcus McNeill
T
6-9, 337
Auburn
Has the size to play in the NFL right away. Has stenosis of the spine, which might cause some concern.
Green Bay Packers
Kelly Jennings
CB
5-11, 178
Miami
Packers jump to select this fast, well-developed playmaker who practiced against the best at Miami.
San Francisco 49ers
Darryl Tapp
DE
6-1, 268
Virginia Tech
San Francisco hopes to add some pressure off the edge, and Tapp brings it consistently.
Oakland Raiders
Rod Wright
DT
6-5, 305
Texas
Raiders' defensive front needs and interior lineman, and Wright is a fine addition at this spot.
Tennessee Titans
Davin Joseph
OG
6-3, 312
Oklahoma
Tennessee will begin rebuilding its offensive line as they develop a young quarterback.
Detroit Lions
Johnathan Joseph
CB
5-11, 187
South Carolina
Much-maligned General Manager Matt Millen will jump at chance to address team's problems in the secondary.
Arizona Cardinals
Daniel Bullocks
S
6-1, 210
Nebraska
The Cardinals need a leader for their young secondary. He improved his stock with a strong postseason.
Buffalo Bills
Marcedes Lewis
TE
6-6, 265
UCLA
The Bills are looking to add a receiving weapon, especially one that can be a threat in the red zone.
Cleveland Browns
Babatunde Oshinowo
NT
6-2, 310
Stanford
Cleveland needs an anchor in the middle in order to find success on defense.
Baltimore Ravens
Max Jean-Gilles
OG
6-4, 350
Georgia
Baltimore is looking to add a strong interior lineman at this spot. Jean-Gilles is a good pick here.
Philadelphia Eagles
Joseph Addai
RB
6-0, 210
LSU
Philadelphia is hoping to improve its ground game after a subpar effort in 2005.
St. Louis Rams
Ko Simpson
S
6-1, 201
South Carolina
Rams took some losses in the secondary and look to address the weakness on the first day of the draft.
Atlanta Falcons
Jason Allen
CB
6-2, 202
Tennessee
Falcons must improve their secondary to return to the playoffs. Allen is an impact player that has recovered from a hip injury.
Minnesota Vikings
Darnell Bing
S
6-3, 220
Southern California
Minnesota lost some veterans in the defensive backfield and it needs to reload.
Dallas Cowboys
Richard Marshall
CB
5-11, 190
Fresno State
Dallas secondary is not up to playoff level. Fresno State standout left school after his junior season.
San Diego Chargers
Darryn Colledge
T
6-5, 272
Boise State
San Diego is looking to add a good blocker here. Colledge is ready to contribute immediately.
Minnesota Vikings
Devin Hester
CB
5-11, 186
Miami
Minnesota has the luxury of taking this versatile playmaker, who will help their return game.
New England Patriots
Pat Watkins
S
6-4, 210
Florida State
New England's secondary problems are bigger than people might think. Big safety from Florida State should help.
Washington Redskins
Leonard Pope
TE
6-7, 258
Georgia
Former Georgia standout gives Washington coach Joe Gibbs a playmaker to stretch the field.
Kansas City Chiefs
Mark Anderson
DE
6-5, 253
Alabama
Kansas City is looking for a tough pass-rusher off the edge. Was a workout warrior at the Combine.
Cincinnati Bengals
Joe Klopfenstein
TE
6-6, 245
Colorado
Cincinnati has this tight end high on its shopping list. Position is very deep in this draft.
New York Giants
Donte Whitner
S
5-11, 205
Ohio State
New York will focus on defensive backs in this draft, and Whitner has covered some great receivers at Ohio State.
Chicago Bears
Anthony Fasano
TE
6-4, 253
Notre Dame
Chicago loves the strength this former Notre Dame blocker can bring to their power game.
Carolina Panthers
Abdul Hodge
LB
6-2, 234
Iowa
Carolina lost several veterans, and would love to add this tacking machine to the defense.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Parys Haralson
DE
6-2, 248
Tennessee
Tampa Bay is looking to add more outside pass pressure this year, and this former Tennessee standout can help.
Jacksonville Jaguars
Thomas Howard
LB
6-3, 225
UTEP
Speed for the front seven would help soften the blow of several free-agent departures.
Denver Broncos
Brodie Croyle
QB
6-3, 205
Alabama
Broncos hope to land future starting quarterback in early rounds. This is the spot to get one.
Indianapolis Colts
Jon Alston
LB
6-1, 210
Stanford
Tony Dungy would turn this former Stanford standout in a Pro Bowl performer very quickly.
Seattle Seahawks
Todd Watkins
WR
6-3, 185
BYU
The Seahawks need a fast playmaker to stretch the field. Watkins has a good combination of size and speed.
Pittsburgh Steelers
Brian Calhoun
RB
5-10, 194
Wisconsin
Pittsburgh is looking to add a tough, talented runner on the first day to help add depth in the backfield.

LS
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 08:26 pm:   

Another, more interesting draft --

1. Houston - Reggie Bush, RB, Texas
** They need help all across the board and are committed to Carr. If they can't trade down, Bush is their guy.
2. New Orleans - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia
** Now that they signed Brees, look for them to trade down. If they stay put, they take da brick
3. Tennessee - Matt Leinart QB, Southern California
** Better fit for Titans offense. You know about Norm Chow, but Jeff Fisher is also a USC alumn.
4. NY Jets - Mario Williams* DE, NC State
** Look like they are finally going to move Abraham. Williams is a bigger, stronger Peppers.
5. Green Bay - AJ Hawk LB, Ohio State
** Have addressed many needs in free agency. Hawk would be that game changer they need on D.
6. San Francisco - Vernon Davis* TE, Maryland
** Will consider Huff here, but they need more weapons for Alex Smith.
7. Oakland - Michael Huff DB, Texas
** People seem to forget they drafted Andrew Walter last year in the 3rd round. If he was healthy at draft time he would have gone in the 1st round. I see them grabbing another QB later or through FA. I think they go defense with this pick. With Charles Woodson not coming back, they bring in Huff.
8. Buffalo - Haloti Ngata* DT, Oregon
** Need a big plug on that defense line. This is the perfect pick.
9. Detroit - Jimmy Williams DB, Virginia Tech
** They wanted Huff, but have to settle for Williams. He has the size to play anywhere in the secondary.
10. Arizona - Vince Young* QB, Texas
** With Egde signed, they can grab their QB of the future. He can learn behind Warner for a couple of years before taking the reigns.
11. St. Louis - Jay Cutler QB, Vanderbilt
** We saw what happened when Bulger went down. Somewhat of a surprise pick.
12. Cleveland - Brodrick Bunkley DT, Florida State
** Word is, they love this guy and plan on having him play DE.
13. Baltimore - Winston Justice* OT, Southern California
** They brought back Jamal, and released Orlando Brown - so they look to fill that RT spot.
14. Philadelphia - LenDale White RB, Southern California
** With no WRs worth drafting this high, they bring in the big back to compliment Westbrook.
15. Atlanta - DeAngelo Williams RB, Memphis
** Really need to draft an OT, but with none worth taking here they draft the best available guy.

16. Miami - Chad Jackson* WR, Florida
** Now that they've got their QB, they can give him some weapons.
17. Minnesota - Tye Hill CB, Clemson
** With the signing of Chester Taylor, they can go CB with this pick.
18. Dallas - Bobby Carpenter LB, Ohio State
** With TO signed, along with help on the o line, they surprise some with this pick.
19. San Diego - Santonio Holmes* WR, Ohio State
** Impressive skills would make a solid addition to this offense.
20. Kansas City - Jonathan Joseph* CB, South Carolina
** Decide not take Moss here, and grab Joseph.
21. New England - Ashton Youboty* CB, Ohio State
** Would be an upgrade over one of their weak spots.
22. Denver (from Washington) - Tamba Hali DE, Penn State
** Will be an upgrade at the DE position.
23. Tampa Bay - Ernie Sims* LB, Florida State
** In the same mold as Derrick Brooks.
24. Cincinnati - Rod Wright DT, Texas
** Smart, experienced player. Should start right away.
25. NY Giants - Chad Greenway LB, Iowa
** Need help at OLB, Greenway is a good pick here
26. Chicago - Dominique Byrd TE, Southern California
** Grossman needs more weapons on offense.
27. Carolina - Marcedes Lewis TE, UCLA
** Not the fastest guy, but will catch everything you throw at him.
28. Jacksonville - DeMeco Ryans LB, Alabama
** Smart player who will be a great addition to this strong D.
29. Denver - Sinorice Moss* WR, Miami
** Great speed for a position that always needs to be improved in Denver
30. Indianapolis - Laurence Maroney* RB, Minnesota
** With Edge signing with AZ, they need an every down back.
31. Seattle - Ko Simpson* S, South Carolina
** With the uncertainty surrounding Ken Hamlin, the Seahawks draft his replacement. Could go OG if they lose Hutchinson.
32. Pittsburgh - Kamerion Wimbley DE/OLB, Florida State
** Fast riser up draft boards. Good fit as a rushing OLB in the 3-4.

ls
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 08:34 pm:   

And another...

1. Houston Reggie Bush, RB, USC
As if he wasn't already the top pick, after a 4.33 at his pro day, Reggie is a lock to be taken first overall.

2. New Orleans D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
With the acquisition of Brees, the franchise left tackle is heading to New Orleans, barring a trade down.

3. Tennessee Matt Leinart, QB, USC
Reunites with college coordinator Norm Chow.

4. New York Jets A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio St.
They would love to find a way to land Ferguson or Leinart, but settle for Hawk.

5. Green Bay Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina St.
In most years might be worthy of #1 overall.

6. San Francisco Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
A TE that can catch is a young QB's best friend.

7. Oakland Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
Think long and hard about Vince Young, but address the defense instead.

8. Buffalo Winston Justice, OT, USC
His potential is through the roof.

9. Detroit Michael Huff, DB, Texas
Will be the first DB taken in the draft.

10. Arizona Vince Young, QB, Texas
The drop stops here, and the Cards hope he is the next Culpepper.

11. St. Louis Manny Lawson, DE, North Carolina St.
His speed off the edge would help the D immediately.

12. Cleveland Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida St.
Maybe not the best fit for the 3-4, but is a major talent and the Browns need lineman.

13. Baltimore Jimmy Williams, DB, Virginia Tech
His potential at corner safety makes him a great fit, because the Ravens need help at both spots.

14. Philadelphia Ernie Sims, LB, Florida St.
His speed and playmaking ability would bring a boost to the linebacker corps in Philly.

15. Denver(from ATL) Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
Rod Smith won't play forever, and Lelie is not going to replace him.

16. Miami Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
The offensive line still needs work.

17. Minnesota Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
Could go higher come draft day, but would be a reach. The Vikes need a QB of the future.

18. Dallas Jason Allen, DB, Tennessee
He was a high first rounder before the hip injury this season. After showing he is healthy, he could rise back up. He'd be a great fit next to Roy Williams.

19. San Diego Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio St.
Keenan McCardell is only getting older, but they could also use a playmaker now.

20. Kansas City Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan
The wide body is exactly what KC needs.

21. New England DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
Corey Dillon is getting older, and the team needs someone to spell him, or potentially replace him.

22. Denver (from Washington) Kamerion Wimbley, DE, Florida St.
All the free agent acquisitions still haven't produced a playmaker on the line.

23. Tampa Bay Eric Winston, OT, Miami
Pre injury was a top 10 pick. Could be a steal at this point.

24. Cincinnati Daniel Bullocks, S, Nebraska
Would form a nice safety tandem with Madieu Williams.

25. New York Giants Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa
The team has to add more talent at linebacker.

26. Chicago Tye Hill, CB, Clemson
With Azuman retiring, the Bears look for a corner, and land the drafts top cover man.

27. Carolina DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama
The Panthers must find a replacement for Will Witherspoon.

28. Jacksonville Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida St.
Del Rio has shown he doesn't mind taking the raw physical talent and letting them work their way in.

29. New York Jets(from Den via ATL) Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas
Tackle must be addressed, and Scott is the best one left.

30. Indianapolis Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
With Edge gone, RB is a big need. Maroney could provide a similar impact at a much lower price.

31. Seattle Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami
His playmaking ability would add another dimension to the offense.

32. Pittsburgh LenDale White, RB, USC
His post season circuit has been disappointing but he is the ideal fit for the Pitt offense.

LS
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 05:55 pm:   

A very interesting 3 round draft - I like it because the Browns get massive help on D...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockround2.html

LS
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 06:04 am:   

Draft special on ESPN today at 7:30 eastern...

ls
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 08:04 am:   

Matt Leinert fired Lee Stienberg, which is another red flag to any team thinking of taking him. Seems like Matt wants to be a movie star, so he hired CAA to represent him in Hollywood -- CAA has a football side, headed by Tom Condon, the architect of many holdouts, and they apparently said to Matt, You don't need Steinberg, Since Matt has already expressed the desire to be the new Broadway Joe, I assume Condon suggested he could get the Jets involved.

Winston Justice rising in the draft. That may be justified, but I never cease to be amazed why scouts continue to impressed with good workouts (Justice had one at the USC pro day), why a vertical leap of forty inches matters to an Offensive Lineman?

Dave G.
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 08:28 am:   

So Matt "I'm a Regular Guy, No, Really" Leinart wants to be a movie star and a successor to Broadway Joe before he's even made an NFL roster.

Am I the only one who sees a spectacular bust on the horizon?

ls
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 08:50 am:   

No, you're not the only one is the point of my post. I really think this guy could be one of the bigger busts in recent years...but if he's tough-minded enough, he could make it. If I were laying money, however, I'd bet against him.

ls
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 05:27 am:   

Kelvin Cleamons is rated by some now as the fourth best QB in the draft -- I don't remember him being that great in college.

I continue to think that QB is the most overrated position in the draft and that late first round, early second is the earliest you should draft a qb....

LS
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 06:09 am:   

Not really a draft story, but Don Majkowski, Packer broadcaster and ex-backup QB, says Farve WON't be back. Say it ain't so, Lady Brett! :-) Great news, if true. I see GB and the Sixty-Niners scrambling for the first pick in the draft for years to come. Heaven could not have a better scenario.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 07:16 am:   

Hey, Lucius, I had the chance to meet Arnie Fielkow at a candidates' forum last night. Arnie used to be the Executive Vice President of the New Orleans Saints before Tom Benson fired him late last year for opposing a possible move to San Antonio and strongly advocating that Benson commit the team to New Orleans and be part of the rebuilding process (a path that Benson eventually came around to after being strongly lobbied by the NFL Commissioner). Anyway, Arnie is now running for a Councilman at Large spot. His wife works as a pediatrician, and he and his family made the decision after his firing (which set off a firestorm of protest on local talk radio) to stick things out in New Orleans and try to be a part of the rebuilding. He is a terrific speaker, has great name recognition (thanks to Benson's ham-handed dealing last year), and has some very strong ideas for the next four years in New Orleans. He's got both my and Dara's votes. I have to admire how he took a bullet for the city, and meeting him in person reassured me that he is running for all the right reasons.

ls
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 07:37 am:   

Sounds like a good guy, Andy...

I'm not too sure about the Saints. I think Benson may still have moving them on his mind. He stayed in NO because, mainly, of pressure from the league, but I believe he'll wait a couple of years and try to split again.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 08:28 am:   

You're probably right about that, Lucius. Right now, Paul Tagliabue is the best friend New Orleans has in the NFL, but he won't be the commissioner past this summer. Everyone here knows that if Paul hadn't sat on Benson a few months back, Benson would be moving heaven and earth to get his team transfered to San Antonio or perhaps Los Angeles. So the Saints' days in New Orleans are probably numbered, but maybe we'll get a couple of years of entertaining football here from the new coaching staff and the players they bring in. We'll see.

LS
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 09:11 am:   

Good luck with that! I hope the Saint's stick around, and if they don't, at least maybe the NFL will do the right thing and give them another franchise. Truthfully, I think you be better off without Benson. The NFL's so profitable, there's no stimulus to make owners strive to win. They already make a profit without doing jack from all the tv money. NO deserves an owner who wants to win.

LS
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 07:49 am:   

Claude Wroten, the DT out of LSU, is falling in the draft due to a marijuana bust a few months back -- that means the best 1 gap tackle in the draft will likely drop into the second round. This is an incredibly deep draft on defense, and I think you can get a first-round value anywhere in the first couple of rounds.

Trent Dilfer wants to be traded -- he's not happy backing up Charlie Fry. I guess that means he really wasn't happy in Seattle. This means the Browns may need to acquire a back-up for Fry.

LS
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 04:26 pm:   

Astonishingly, The Texans seem to be planning not to take Reggie Bush--they haven't contacted Bush's people about contracts, but they have contacted Mario Williams. Also, apparently when Bush visited Houston, he wasn't introduced to a bunch of people in the front office, which is not the way high picks are treated. This may be because Bush is looking for QB money, or it may be because Houston doesn't feel running back addresses their needs. But Bush would give them a hell of a weapon. I think they may be making a mistake.

Minz
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 08:07 am:   

Of course, in the home stretch, it's nothing but smoke and mirrors from here on out. Houston's perceived disinterest in Bush is most likely a ploy for the negotiating table (though in truth, they have a lot greater needs than RB).

It now looks like Murphy (Packers 2rd pick last year), who had five catches in two games before succumbing to injury, is officially done. His narrow spinal cord makes it too dangerous to play. So now I'm wondering if the Pack should be considering Vern Davis. If he's half as good as folks are saying, couple him with Bubba and we'll have one helluva dangerous TE combo--a lot like Keith Jackson & CHewey in our Super Bowl season. And if Javon Walker is truly going to retire instead of playing for the Pack (I'm dubious on that one), we realllllly need another goto guy. I'd still be happy with Mario Williams &/or AJ Hawk, but we have done nothing for an offense that really struggled last year.

Of course, the Pack gotta get off their asses and sign Lavarr Arrington asap, and if they can get Woodson for a decent price, that'd be great too. (If Favre were to retire, the Pack would be something like 12 million dollars under the MINIMUM that teams have to spend. Thompson needs to wake up and at least spend the money on Arrington--while there are supposed question marks, I don't think they're serious. The whole mental acuity thing was just the excuse cranky ol' Gibbsie used to put him in the doghouse. Kid's only 27 years old, and he's now more than a full year removed from his injury and in his prime. He'd be a great addition to the D...)

LS
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 08:34 am:   

I don't know, Minz. They haven't talked contract with Bush, they have with Mario Williams. I think protecting Carr should be the priority, getting him another weapon, but we'll see...

I told you what Farve did to Walker would come home to roost. The thing about Arrington, he won't sign unless Farve commits...just another example of how Lady Brett is screwing her team. Arrington will be gone to Miami before Farve makes up his mind.

Josh Rountree
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 08:12 am:   

If I was Green Bay, I'd take a QB with my pick regardless of what Brett does. They're going to need one in the very near future anyway, and I don't think they're exactly set with backups. Future QB depth has to be a good thing.

Still hoping some of these negative vibes people are having about VY will let him slip to the Boys, but I know that's just a pipe dream. They've plugged many of their holes though free agency, and should be able to have some flexibility with their picks. They won't have to reach to fill a need, and that's always a good thing.

My money says they either trade the pick down a few slots, or they end up snagging Bobby Carpenter. I can live with that if VY is off the table.

Houston is on Crack if they don't take VY. They'd rake in the money if they marketed the hometown hero. Of course, that would be bad for VY because nobody is going to excel with that O-Line. Not sure if the perceived Bush snub is a smokescreen or what. Draft day should prove interesting.

LS
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 08:30 am:   

I disagree. Houston is on crack if they take VY. He is no way NFL ready and they have a guy in David Carr who will be fine if they protect him. I don't think Lienart or Young is worth a top ten pick. Throwing Carr under the bus and taking Young might please folks in the short run but it would destroy the thing they're building and the fans wouldn't be happy long. Bush should be the pick, IMO. Two of the top three QBs are probably going to be busts, and Young, though his upside is huge, is 50/50 to be a bust, again IMO.

I agree about GB, they're in deep shit one way or another. But I think they can get a QB better than Rogers later in the draft.

Parcells doesn't want to develop a QB, at least not a first rounder. If the Cowboys could trade up and get Winston Justice, I'd be happy. Otherwise trade down and get Carpenter or someone....

Josh Rountree
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 12:11 pm:   

Yeah, VY wouldn't be an immediate impact player for Houston, and they have Carr. But I think it's Houston's shot to take mindshare away from Dallas. For the most part, the Cowboys own the Texas fan base. But with the state hero at the helm, people might be more apt to tune in and watch.

It might not be a smart football decision, but it might be a good business decision.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 12:52 pm:   

Wins is what does it. Not people. IF VY went to Tenn, as he probably will, it might be best for him. I don't know if more people will buy tickets to watch him hold a clipboard than they would to see RB play...but maybe in Texas. :-)

Minz
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 10:12 am:   

From Peter King's MMQB on SI.com:
HOUSTON -- I came here a few days ago in search of the truth about Vince Young for Sports Illustrated. Which I think, at least in a football sense, I've found. More about that later. While here, I stumbled into this Reggie Bush-Mario Williams flap. And I am violating my own ignore-what-they-say-before-the-draft words, just slightly, because of a couple of things I found out.

First the facts. Texans general manager Charley Casserly told me Sunday that the team has given the agents for Bush and Williams offers, and their responses will help determine which player Houston picks. If one of the players wants several million per year more in a package than the other player, Casserly said that will be a major factor. (Warning! Warning! Take a GM's words at your own risk the week before the draft!)

===========================
Smoke & Mirrors, gentlemen. Smoke & Mirrors.

GB has way too many needs to blow that high pick on a QB (I'm with Lucius, though Leinart's worth a top ten pick if you already have a team to put him into...he could win now.) While I'm intrigued by a lot of the high-end talent, I'm starting to hope that the Pack can parley their #5 pick for multiple worthwhile picks. But I'd still be happy with Mario Williams, AJ Hawk &/or Vern Davis. (And I want them to trade Javon Walker to New Orleans for Donte Stallworth and Dwight Smith--hey, a guy's gotta dream...)

LS
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 10:30 am:   

Well, I don't buy Leinart's ready to win. He's the most ready of the top three, but that doesn't mean he's ready and neither does it mean he's more ready than some QB farther down the list, Cleamons or Jacobs or Bruce Gadowski the guy from Toledo, or somebody else. Latest intelligence is that Tenn will take Lienart and Oakland will take Young--which is a bad place for Young, he doesn't have an older QB he can learn from. It's going to interesting, but I'll be disappointed if it plays out predictably....

What was King's truth about VY?

William Lexner
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 06:28 am:   

I'd be shocked if Young went as high as three to Tennessee. There's no way that Norm Chow would choose Young over Leinart -- hell, I can't see any coach wanting to deal with Young and his learning-on-the-job agent.

Al Davis probably doesn't let him fall past, though. But if he does, I could see Young falling to the Vikings.

Vince Young's game does not translate to the NFL. He'll never be any better than a middling QB in a league that requires special effort from a QB to win it all. He's a Steve McNair with less passing ability, and despite an undeserved NFL MVP, McNair hasn't done anything worth of mention in the NFL.

LS
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 06:37 am:   

Well, I'm not going to be as hard on McNair as you, but I kind of agree about Young....except his intangibles may factor in, he may be one of those guys who remains a winner on every level...That said, some "experts" are dead sure that Tennessee will be taking Young, Norm Chow is not making the pick. Neither is Jeff Fisher, who would prefer Lienart. The owner is making the pick and he is apparently sold on VY.

William Lexner
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 11:27 am:   

Tennessee is in a lose-lose position. They *have* to pick a QB and there are no QB's worthy of a number three pick in this draft.

I'd really be shocked, however, if they picked Young. There's absolutely nothing to like about that kid at a professional level.

LS
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   

there are no QB's worthy of a number three pick in this draft.

I hesitantly agree. I'd qualify by saying I'd be surprised if any of the top three deserve to be drafted that high, but I bet some QB will prove to have been worthy.

ls
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 06:00 am:   

To point up what you were saying, Cleamons of OR is Ron Jaworkski's highest rated QB in the draft... I can't recall a draft when the top picks have seemed this unstable.

John Picacio
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 07:41 am:   

I love the NFL, but at this point, I can't turn on ESPN without having "full, unabashed, we've-got-every-angle-covered, mobile ESPN, I'm-Mel-Kiper-Jr.-and-boy-have-I-got-a-used-car-for-you" draft coverage rammed down my throat every 12 seconds.

I just don't care anymore. No event is worth 3 months of useless over-analysis. No mas.

Here's some more -- middling QB Vince will wave to the middling throngs, from the middling Pro Bowl, within the next three middling years, for no other reason than that he has nothing to offer at a professional level.

Hi, Lucius -- Way belated congrats from me to you, on your Gators winning the National Championship. I was real happy for you and JV. I think that little intangible that you're referring to re: Vince might be "making the big plays in the clutch." (See the last 2 Rose Bowls and the most recent National Championship game vs. ESPN's Greatest Team in the History of College Everything). :-)

ls
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 08:14 am:   

Exactly, John. Leadership is his intangible, but his leadership on the college level was based in part on his physical superiority, which will be somewhat diminished in the Pros, where they have linebackers as quick as he. I think he'll either be an enormous success or a major bust, and I would noy want to bet with him or against him--it is a fifty-fifty kind of deal. A lot depends on where he goes in the draft. If to Tennessee, all good, I think, but in Oakland I doubt he'll get the coaching he needs. His style makes him prone to knee injuries, he has such a huge learning curve--there are so many variables, it's tough to give an opinion. He has the athletic ability, definitely; but the Pro Bowl in three years, I don't know. He probably won't even play this year, and probably will limited in his second year.

Thanks for the congrats. It was pretty cool. No-ah, No-ah, No-ah! :-)

What can I say about ESPN -- yer right, but I'm a geek.

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 10:09 am:   

I wish I could just wake up tomorrow, and it'd be Monday morning, and I'd have a complete printout of all the scouting reports of all the players the pack actually drafted. And an entire uninterrupted day to just mull them over. Everything else is just an infuriating waste of time. Made all the worse because the Pack actually stand a decent chance to bag an impact player. Drafting late meant not getting too caught up in reading all the hype.

ls
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 11:14 am:   

Aren't you interested in how the other teams draft? I am. I'm always interested in Pburgh, for one, because they seem to have it down -- look at their picks the last 10 years.

AJ Hawk is probably who you're getting, but then you never know. Maybe VY. He'd love it in up there in Green Acres or Hooterville or whatever... :-)

William Lexner
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 07:56 am:   

Well, it appears that Green Bay got their difference making defensive player a bit early in Charles Woodson. Couple him with A.J. Hawk and the defense should be vastly improved, if not great.

Minz, I'm curious as to how Green Bay fans see Brett Favre. When ESPN did a poll on whether Favre should retire or not, the entire world (according to their voting map), but for Wisconsin, believed that he should. Personally I think he's the problem, not the solution. How do you feel on the issue?

Pittsburgh *does* seem to draft uncommonly well. So do Philadelphia and New England. It's always interesting to see how these guys draft, and all the better when they confound draftniks like Mel Kiper. I love when he gets angry at picks and calls them a 'reach,' and then the player goes on to be a very productive rookie. I know this is a bit childish and certainly has shades of passive-agression, but Kiper seems to bring out th worst in me.

I think it's the hair.

LS
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 08:05 am:   

I like Kiper -- when they put him against that red background like they've been doing lately on Sportscenter, he looks like a sort of girlie Chairman Mao.

I agree about NE drafting well, but I'm on the fence with Philly. They've had some busts (Mike Mamoula) and though they draft a lot of good players, they haven't filled their needs well the last few years. I hear NE may be attempting to move up.

LS
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 08:15 am:   

PS -- Minz is sulking. :-) But your comment about an improved D may cheer him up.

Frankly, I don't the Pack will be much improved. 8-8 will be their dream, They lose Walker, the injured players returning arent that good, and Woodson has been a serious underachiever.

Minz
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 08:32 am:   

It's certainly a valid take on the whole Favre thing. Who wants to watch an aging legend end his career on a sour note? (besides Lucius, that is.)

But I do find it kind of interesting. While people are looking at the Packers and saying this is the same squad that went 4-12 last season, I say not really. The Packers offense was absolutely ravaged by injuries last season. We (I get to legitimately use that annoying sportsfan royal "we" because I am one of the team owners. All non-Packer pro sportsfans are hosers if they use the "we") started 7 different halfbacks last season, having lost our #1 & 2 halfbacks in the first month (our 3 being a 3-down specialist, who also was lost for the season). We lost our #1, 3 and 4 WR for the season very early on. Our Pro Bowl TE was in and out of the lineup all season long with leg injuries, costing more than 6 games, and he missed half of training camp. (And, of course, the Packers were idiots for not paying Wahle--Rivera wasn't worth the cash, but they should've never let both guards leave). When Carolina had those kind of injuries two years ago, everyone was calling them the sleeper team for 2005. The Packers are being left for dead.

I say we're closer to the squad that went 10-6 in 2004. Actually, by adding Woodson, we're better defensively than either the 2004 squad or the 2003 12-4 team. And that's without Hawk.

Offensively, the entire interior line is suspect. RB is a huge questionmark, twofold. Ahman Green is not only coming off a major injury, he's got a lot of mileage on those legs and body, and he's never been a guy who really performs when he's not 100%. I love Davenport, but he just never stays healthy. Maybe it's bad luck, but it probably has more to do with his upright running style. Guys get clean shots on him.

And if Javon is true to his word, we lose a huge weapon. I'm almost to the point where I think we need to draft Vernon Davis, just so Favre has enough weapons on the offense.

And, of course, the coaching change is going to make a difference. Even if it's a positive one, first-year coaches can have a tough go of it. Granted, I love what Mccarthy's talking about what he's going to do with the offense (getting back to old-fashion West Coast, with quick hitters over the middle, needing big receivers, etc--all the more reason we could use Davis.) And the biggest difference is their completely changing the blocking scheme, going to zone blocking ala Denver. How the OL responds/adapts to that will probably define how the season will go (and I think the new blocking scheme will favor both Davenport and Gado's running styles, and it certainly won't require such talented guards--no more precision packer sweeps and U71 jumbo packages, which haven't worked since Wahle and Rivera left)
The other huge factor is whether Favre will respond to coaching. That's one huge advantage to the coaching change, actually. Even if it's still the West Coast offense, it's completely new terminology, so it gives McCarthy the excuse to go back to basics with Brett. (And McCarthy has a decent track record of developing QBs. Matt Hasselback credits McCarthy for helping him develop into a pro QB, and Aaron Brooks' only decent seasons were under McCarthy.) McCarthy needs to ride Favre; no more shrugging when he throws the awful pick. Favre only responds to tough coaching (Holmgren, his father).

And, the simple, most undeniable and hopeful fact is that in the current watered-down parity-soaked NFL, if your team can stay healthy, you can be in the mix. I think the Packers have holes on their team, but everyone does. We just have no depth, and no margin for error. But it's way premature to say it's over for the pack.

Minz
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 08:38 am:   

Woodson doesn't have the stats, but that's at least partially due to the fact that nobody ever threw his way, at least for his first four seasons. With the rest of the Raiders d, there was no need. He obviously is a huge risk, injury wise, but I do think he's the real deal (I also think the Raiders were misusing him by moving him around so much during the past couple of seasons. He's better off either being put on a bump-and-run island, or being made into a safety. Constantly moving him around is a mistake.)

They're also talking about using Woodson on offense (I'm more than a little worried about that...)

Minz
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 08:42 am:   

Okay, my deepest, darkest fear is that letting Longwell go is going to come back to bite us in the butt, costing us a couple of close games (or more). On the other hand, I don't think Longwell would've re-signed with the Pack. He wanted to play in a dome or for a FL team. He'd been talking about it for years.

Of course, that's why the Packers should've used the franchise tag on him. He'd've been worth it.

Minz
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 08:42 am:   

Is it Monday yet?

LS
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 08:52 am:   

That's a pretty accurate assessement. The packers could go 10-6, then the could go 3-13. The division isn;t that tough and the league isn't that good.

The legend and the sour note -- I want to see Farve play forever. :-) I admit it. But since we're being serious, I think it's time the Pack moved on; they're not going to win a SB with this team and they might as well find out about Rogers.

John Picacio
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 09:39 am:   

A girlie Chairman Mao!!! YESSSS!!!

I may never look at Kiper the same way now. I'll tune into the Draft just in hopes of someone dropping a red background behind him now.....:-)

LS
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 09:46 am:   

Miss Mao? :-)

It's a sight to see. If you had your tv tuned to ESPN at this exact moment, you'd see it.

minz
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 09:55 am:   

Just read that Walker has received permission to seek a trade, and that New Orleans (looking to get rid of Stallworth) and Denver (looking to get rid of Lelie) are the two biggest suitors at the moment.

Stallworth has two years left on rookie contract, had a solid year last year, but injury bug his first three seasons.

Lelie only has one year left, and is more suited for downfield play. He's been pretty darn inconsistent, showing tantalizing flashes then disappearing for very long periods.

I'd prefer Stallworth--good fit for West Coast, good running after catch. And maybe we could fleece Dwight Smith outta da Aints as well, since he's also in their doghouse. (Alright, I won't be holding my breath on that last part)

Interesting to note that all three of these WR were the stud first rounders 2002 draft, drawing a lot of comparisons, etc.

I wonder if we'll see a deal before the draft...

ls
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 10:29 am:   

Yeah, I like Stallworth, but not Leeli -- I hear the Denver deal is dead, anyway. But Javon, he gone. Bad Brett.

I see lots of deals on Saturday.

LS
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 08:59 am:   

The Three QBS --- my rating,

Lienert -- weak arm. definitely a system guy, not very mobile, inaccurate, makes good reads, but I rate him lowest.

Cutler -- big arm and tough. Otherwise, no reason to grade this guy as a first-rounder. Might have a big upside -- Might being the operative word.

Young - great legs, great arm, but the most inaccurate passer, esp on the long ball, I've seen rated this high. Won't survive running in the pros. Comparisons between him and Vick erroneous -- there's a difference between and 4.3 and 4.6. Came out of a system that didn't require complex reads. Might be great, might be the next Andre Ware....

Be a lot safer to take Croyle or Cleamons or Jacobs or Drew or somebody in a later round.

ls
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 05:23 pm:   

My God! Houston took Mario Williams. Signed him. They must be on crack, like Josh said.

William Lexner
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 08:46 pm:   

I think it's a great pick. A running back is never worth the first overall pick. Besides which, Reggie Bush is not going to be an elite RB in this league. He's simply too small. New England (Richard Seymour) and Carolina (Julius Peppers) have built powerhouse defenses around a difference maker on the defensive line. The Detroit Lions of the 90's proved that no matter how good your running back is, he can't win games for you. I think this pick is phenomenal, and incredibly brave. I'm sorta shocked that Houston had the balls to do it.

I watched the Rose Bowl again tonight, and of all the vaunted talents, the only one who looked NFL ready was USC Tight End Dominic Byrd. Bush and Young both made ridiculously stupid laterals.

I agree that the later round QB's look a lot better than the 3 supposed first rounders.

I'd be shocked if New Orleans bets it all on a running back again.

LS
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 09:55 pm:   

I have to disagree. DEs taken high have a pretty high rate of not working out. Courtney Brown, with my Browns, being a recent example. Besides, the idea was supposedly to help Carr, to whom they just paid a bundle. This pick doesn't do that. Williams is a freak, but that's no guarantee -- some pro teams have him ranked second or third at DE on their boards. He has a tendency to take plays off, which is not a good sign. I think Manny Lawson may have a better rookie year. Even if it works out, Carr's not going to be able to take hits forever, and Bush would have made an excellent safety valve. And if not Bush, take D'Brickishaw, for god's sake. Naw, to me, Williams is a bonehead pick.

And I disagree about Bush, too. He's as big as Marshall Faulk and he's better at this stage of his career. One dumb lateral doesn't change anything. And New Orleans won't be drafting him--I think the Jets will trade up to get him and he'll be a god in NYC. No one can tell if a guy's gonna make it. There are injuries, etc. But Bush has crazy skills and I think he's worth a high pick. Will he be better than Deangelo Williams, who I love? Beats me, but--barring injury--he'll be a good one. There have been a number of small backs who have done well in the league. Emmit was pretty good. He weighed 209 coming out. Warwick Dunn, etc. They didn't have Bush's skill set. Bush comes out of an offense that ran him between the tackles -- he's big enough, and he'll add ten pounds of muscle before the season.

NFL ready? The most NFL ready offensive lineman in the draft is Garren College, a guy from Boise State. He has perfect techinque. But that's not what the draft is all about--the draft is about potential. And Reggie Bush has potential. So does Young, but I don't see picking him because it's gonna be three years before he realizes it if he does and there are QBs in this draft who you can get lower and will be three-year projects. Young has a big upside, but he could be a bust. So in my book, that's not worth taking him high.

At tight end, I like Leonard Pope from UGA way more than Bird, but you may be right about Bird. As for the Rose Bowl, Winston Justice will be good, and I think Huff will be an excellent safety-corner. Lendale White, I think, will be good pick early second or late first. But they're none of them NFL ready.

And as for Barry Sanders, who was (were) his QB (s)? Barry won some games for the Lions.

ls
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   

Recent no 1 overall defensive picks -- Steve Entman, Russel Maryland, Aundray Bruce, Dan Wilkinson. Not exactly a HOF list.

barth
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 05:58 am:   

The Texans obviously didn't want to pay Reggie Bush that bigga bagga gold he wants. I'm with Lexner - NO has had their fill of diva RBs. No matter how great he is, Bush is probably gonna drop at least one more slot today.

LS
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 06:15 am:   

I don't know,. Mario Williams had three-four good games for Maryland last year; for most of the season he was pretty damn ordinary. Grade that against two solid years of production, sometimes brilliant. Have you seen Williams' contract? It's nine million more than Alex Smith got. Beside which, pass rushing is the only facet of defense Houston was good at -- they ranked 14th in the NFL. They need cornerbacks and linebackers more than a DE. Casserly keeps saying it was a football decision. If so, it was a dumb football decision. Williams is going to need a sack a game to get the pressure off him, and I doubt he'll get that..

LS
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 06:30 am:   

Anyway, fuck it. That's why the Texans are the Texans. The Browns have nine picks. I wonder if they'll all suck.

LS
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 07:08 am:   

The funniest thing I have heard so far is little promo piece for the ESPN draft show, and they have the first few draftees descriibing their personal style, and when they get to Jay Cutler, he describes himself as intense and then says, "We like to get after it at Vandy..."

William Lexner
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 07:21 am:   

I can't argue about the Manny Lawson thing. I'm kind of hoping that's who my Patriots end up getting.

LS
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 07:43 am:   

I don't think he'll drop that far, unfortunately for the pats. But then considering how this draft started, who the fuck knows? :-)

ls
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 08:09 am:   

Looks like Benson's gave his people the go ahead to sign Bush...

John Picacio
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 09:07 am:   

Lucius --

What the hell was going on with that crazy French circus, X-Men/Matrix, Paris runway intro???

Yikes.

You could see the look on Huff's face during that thing, and it looked like, "What the hell am I doing dressed like Toad from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants?"

Oh well. Let's get this on.

"Houston, you have a big problem." Goodbye, franchise. For at least the next decade...

Minz
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 09:36 am:   

I agree about Williams to a certain extent--if they were really going to be bold, Houston should've drafted Ferguson, someone who'll protect Carr's backside for a decade.

I think Williams would've had a better shot as a pro in a Pack uniform (honest). Because his competition/mentors at DE would've been KGB & Peterson, who, whatever their flaws might be, are absolute 100% effort players who give it their all, not just every game but every practice. No guarantees it would've rubbed off on Williams, but I would've liked the chances.

But it is a bad pick for Houston.

At this point, I'm really hoping for Vern Davis for the Pack. He makes the most sense. Everyone seems to have forgotten that it was our offense that had the big problems last season, not the d (to which we've already added Woodson and a couple of good DTs).

John Picacio
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 09:37 am:   

Vince Young #3!!!! I guess I just became a Tennessee Titans fan today.

ls
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 09:40 am:   

I was watching on the NFL channel, so I missed it. But yeah, unless Kubiak can work some special magic, David Carr in for a hurting. Young to Tenn. I think that's the best place for him. I think he the best chance to succeed there and Chow will help him.

John Picacio
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 09:44 am:   

Yeah, I agree. I'm really happy that Vince gets a chance to learn with McNair (assuming he sticks around) and I can't wait for Chow to start working a scheme around VY.

LS
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 09:46 am:   

The thing is, Williams only turned it on the last four games--that to me is a bad sign. He got the lion's share of his sacks against teams like Maryland and South Fla. Eric Winston of Miami made his disappear.

The pack will get a good player at 5, but I doubt it'll be Davis.

D'brickishaw would have been good for the Texans, but not as good as bush--with that cutback running game, he would have been great.

LS
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 09:49 am:   

Leinert looks like someone stole his teddy bear.

Yeah Chow and Young will do some things.

Minz
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 09:50 am:   

new thread below

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register