Oddly Special, Limited Editions of We... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Oddly Special, Limited Editions of Weapons of Mass Seduction « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Deborah
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 03:05 pm:   

You know, anybody can offer those special hardcover signed limited editions in their fancy schmancy slipcovers 'n that. But here at Wheatland Press, we give 110%, we go the extra ten yards, we leave it all on the field...

Announcing, oddly special, very limited editions of WEAPONS OF MASS SEDUCTION, the fabulous collection of film reviews by Lucius Shepard.

Even as I type this, Lucius is sitting in his palatial writing estate with twenty copies of the book, his pen, and his wicked imagination. He's not just signing these books, folks. He's drawing pictures in 'em. He's probably spillin' stuff on 'em. I bet when Florida QB Chris Leak got stuffed behind the line of scrimmage, he even threw one of those books at the TV! (Note to Lucius: could you stick a post-it note on the front of any copies that actually make contact with the TV?)

So, where can you get these very special books?

Excusively at World Fantasy Con in Madison, WI at the Wheatland Press table in the Dealer Room.

And for the amazing price of $25 you can own a piece of literary, and possibly even sports, history.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 03:16 pm:   

I throw no books, because fla leads 17-14.....Heh.

Deborah
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 03:28 pm:   

Yeah, there's still a quarter to go.

I know the folks at home are wondering about Lucius-qua-illustrator, so this might be a good time to ask a few of those questions...

Who would you say influenced your illustrating style, by the way?

Can you tell us something about how your new foray into the visual arts has affected your writing?

Do you work exclusively in ball-point pen or have you considered other media?

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 03:46 pm:   

I just threw a book....

1) Pollack, my infant son, Picasso's early toilet paper experiments, the work of certain mental patients...

2) I like to think that a certain raw purity has seeped into my writing...

3) crayon, mud, construction paper, excrement on walls...My art can take many forms, many expressions.

Deborah
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 05:29 pm:   

Well, don't feel you have to use your entire...er...palette on these books, huh?

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 08:25 pm:   

They're all packed up....Too late for improvements. :-)

PM
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 02:10 am:   

I liked his old shit better:-)

Seriously, assuming that they don't sell out I hope to buy one...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register