Your SCI FICTION story reviewed over ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Your SCI FICTION story reviewed over at LitHaven « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

simon owens
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 07:15 pm:   

Lucius, just letting you know that your SCI FICTION story has been reviewed over at LitHaven

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 07:35 pm:   

Thanks, man.

StephenB
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 08:38 pm:   

Simon: Can't say I agree with your review. I thought near the end was one of the best parts.

Lucius, as you probably know, the theory of a great change occurring in 2012 is prevalent among hippies, as well as in some other circles. Some consider it the date of the apocalypse. All based on the Mayan calendar.

I'm wondering. What do you make of McKenna's theories?

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 09:06 pm:   

Terence McKenna? Actually, I knew him. He was a funny guy who liked my work and made all his fans go see me when I was in NYC. He used to invite me over to his place so he could smoke me out. :-) He was sort of a con man, who half-believed in his own stuff, so I can't say I place any great faith in them. But he was a hell of an entertaining guy.

Rich Patterson
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 09:17 pm:   

I thought the scene on the internet was one of the humorous bits that made the story really good. Come on, he discovers that the Grigori operate in accordance with the Federation rule?

Like, what's the password, dude?

Stephen
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 09:24 pm:   

Yeah, Terence. I knew about how you knew him. Yeah, I agree it'd be silly to put any great faith in his theories. But,

I guess, more specifically. I was wondering what you thought of his metaphysical speculations behind the whole 2012 thing and that Time Wave One program. If McKenna talked to you about it, or anything.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 09:31 pm:   

I can't recall talking to him about any of it. Maybe I read something, but I'm not sure. Too much green haze....

I've cone to my own thing about the 2012 deal.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 09:40 pm:   

Mostly what I talked to McKenna about was writing on drugs :-)

Stephen
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 09:40 pm:   

And?

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 03:37 am:   

He wanted to detail which of my stories and poems and etc were influence by what drugs. He refused to believe that Black Coral wasn't written on MDA, for instance. IT wasn't that illuminating. Every time I went over to his place, the apt was so thick with pot smoke, you got high breathing and then he'd break out his stash, which just made you stupid...

Rich Patterson
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 05:32 am:   

You know, Terrance may have been on to something there. I've seen similar accounts by musicians detailing what stimulants they were taking during the recording of what album. Could be very educational :-)

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 07:50 am:   

Terence wasn't the first to do that. There was this library science major in college who used to annotate my poems and etc by filing and cataloguing the mss. amd writing little symbols on the bottom of the page to indicate what substances were involved. She was very thorough. :-)

StephenB
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 07:52 am:   

Sounds like some of my friends.:-) Didn't realize Terence was such a pot head.

Rich, I agree about the online part. Like Laird said above. Who wouldn't use google, if they had access to it? It makes the story modern.

My favourite of the funnier parts would be when they're having the ritual sex and Abi's friends keep calling. Love how their voices are described.

Stephen
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 08:41 am:   

So you said you've come to your own thing about the 2012 deal...

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 08:48 am:   

I just don't care basically. If it happens, I'll go wow....then Ahhhhhhhhieee! :-)

Stephen
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 08:54 am:   

Oh, okay. I thought you were saying you had your own idea of what would happen. I'm pretty much the same way. I don't expect anything to happen, but who knows forsure? If it does, well... like you said.:-)

Stephen
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 09:39 am:   

People have been picking dates and sayin' shit will happen for centuries.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register