Sin City Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Sin City « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 09:58 pm:   

http://www.electricstory.com/reviews/review.aspx?title=new/sincity

In keeping with Frank Miller's anti-censorship stance, we offer the unexpurgated excoriation. Ow.

MarcL
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 11:22 pm:   

Brilliant!

Never liked the comic, so I'm not sure why I'd want to see the movie, but I do. Right after I use my "free" ticket for The Ring 2!

ben peek
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 05:56 am:   

heh.

i wonder if lucius has read the comics? (you still round here, man?)

anyhow, i liked the comics, but i do agree that they're male fantasies about rescuing good looking women, and doing it with violence. i always liked miller's art and pacing with that, however, so i've just gone with it.

dialogue was always bland and repeditive in it, though. wasn't too pleased to hear that they'd gone for a literal translation there.

Dave G.
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 07:03 am:   

Lucius, do you have to be so obtuse?

What did you REALLY think?

:-)

Lucius
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 08:01 am:   

Ben, I read a couple of Sin Citys, then I quit. I though the source material was the problem with the movie. It was boring....

Dave, one review I read this morning compared it to Coppola's One From the Heart. I think that's apt.

Marc, you've been warned about Ring 2

Fox-in-Underoos
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 08:14 am:   

". . . noir in Underoos. . ." That's gotta be one of my favorite put-down lines of all time. Don't be too pissed at me if I steal it someday.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 10:59 am:   

It;s yours, Andy....

Robert Devereux
Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 07:47 am:   

Sin City was hilarious. There were some moments of intentional humor, but most of it was unintentional - all the dialog was unintentionally funny. George Lucas writes better dialog.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 07:54 am:   

Yeah, I think that may have been the worst dialog since Manos Hands Of Fate. I thought it was funny, too, but after a while I just got bored.

MarcL
Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 08:58 pm:   

Saw a preview for this last night while I was watching Ring-Ding 2. It looked far less compelling on the big screen than it did in those tiny quicktime trailers I've seen...and the music was softer. I have to see it though. Split images like the one of Benicio's head coming down into the toilet with the cigarette hanging out of his lips...his expression is so great.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 09:26 pm:   

And what did you think of Ring Ding 2? :-)

Bill Reynolds/Socrates17
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 05:25 am:   

Gee. And I was looking forward to seeing Jessica Alba (who has never shown any symptoms of actually being able to act) as a stripper. But that wouldn't be worth sitting through what I was afraid this movie would turn out to be.

Thanks for the warning that I was pretty much right.

(Couldn't ever manage to make it all the way through one of the comics.)

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 08:16 am:   

You're welcome. I consider it a public service to warn people away from this pollution... :-)

Bob Urell
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 08:40 am:   

Wow. Underoos. Mine were Superman....

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 08:44 am:   

Well, you're special, Bob...

MarcL
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 11:33 am:   

I caught a late night showing of SIN CITY last night, which means I spent the last 15 minutes of the movie trying not to fall asleep. (With Ring 2, it was more like the last 30 minutes; and that was a shorter movie.)

The audience laughed at the movie at least as much as it laughed with it. I couldn't believe how awful some of the performances were...it takes special skill to handle dialog that cheesy, but only Micky Rourke pulled it off. I confess, largely because of Rourke, I enjoyed the Marv sequence; the others were a bore. Overall, it was an adolescent gross-out contest, with most of the energy devoted to increasingly extreme physical harm. Visually, it was pretty uneven; sometimes it just looked like a regular old black and white movie. All that red lost its power pretty quickly (compare the effect of one tiny note of red in High and Low). The white-blood effects might have sounded good in theory (or looked good on paper) but they didn't work at all for me on the screen...they gave the violence a silly aspect that I've never experienced before.

If you're going to see it, though, see it on the big screen. Nothing here will benefit from the transition to the small screen.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 11:52 am:   

D'accord. :-)

Expanding on what I said in the review, I think Frank Miller should have to give up his first amendment rights if all he can think to do with them is, as you say, get in a gross-out contest.

MarcL
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 12:11 pm:   

For something that wants so badly to shock and disturb and be art, I can only compare the use they made of Powers Boothe in SIN CITY with the role he's played in DEADWOOD. There is nothing in this whole two hour gorefest to match the deeply horrifying scene in the first season of DEADWOOD when Tolliver, Boothe's character, first savagely mocks and then executes a girl who tried to run a scam on him. The fact that she has a broken skull and is hardly aware of what is happening to her, the fact that he is partly putting on an act to terrify his own employees. I was really looking forward to his part in SIN CITY, and he might as well not have been there.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 01:14 pm:   

Yeah, same for Michael Madsen, he was used for no good purpose. The trouble with this their aren't any characters--the characters simply exist so Frank Miller can go potty-mouth and ultra-violent. But what do you expect from the work of a twelve-year-old. Ut sort of ruined comics for a while. Preacher et al.

Luís
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 03:20 pm:   

I admit I'm eager to see this movie, if only because of the visuals. But I do fear the worst when they allow a crappily-delivered crappy line such as "I want a hardtop with a decent engine and make sure it's got a big trunk" to appear in the trailer.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 03:28 pm:   

Believe me, that's like Shakespeare compared to a lot of the lines. And the visuals lose their charm quickly. But if you're gonna go see it....like Marc said, don't wait for the DVD.

MarcL
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 06:01 pm:   

The Madsen lines and delivery, right up front, were some of the worst I've ever heard. At that point, without having experienced the cheesy surrounding context, there was no telling if it was deliberately bad, or just plain bad. Even on the scale of badness that later developed, however, that was some of the worst. When a cop's partner of many years says, "Look, I'm your partner..." you know you're in trouble.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 06:57 pm:   

Yeah, I don't think Michael was real inspired. He's quite capable of sabotaging himself. I just learned he turned down the Travolta part in Pulp Fiction because Tarantino couldn't pay him enough.

MarcL
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 07:10 pm:   

I almost feel like jumping into the fray with how horrible the Hartigan/Yellow Bastard storyline was on so many levels, but I don't know where to begin. I guess you blame Frank Miller. I mean...this was disgusting. 11 year old girl abducted for rape by a senator's son, rescued by grizzled cop. At age 11 she's standing in his room telling him she's a virgin but they won't let her testify. Okay...let the unlikely dialog pass. She saves herself for 8 years, until she's legal and the cop gets out of jail. Then she offers herself to him. His way out is, ultimately, suicide. Is it noble, or an act of terror? I found the whole subtext disgusting...and not in a good artistic way.

MarcL
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 08:07 pm:   

Sorry...I posted that abruptly, and in truncated form. I'm not averse to this kind of story. It felt incompletely digested. Here is where I most felt the characters were jerked around by the author for his own purposes, and had no existence of their own (Lucius point above).

Oh...and she apparently thought the best way to prepare herself for the cop's release was as a pole dancer.

And, as far as performances go, Jessica Alba was about the worst actor in a movie full of bad ones. Maybe Josh Hartnett was worse but there was less of him.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 08:56 pm:   

I think Josh and Jessica should not marry, not produce children.

I have to admit the movie didn't disgust me -- I didn't take it seriously enough for that. Though perhaps that shows some desentization on my part, because it is, on the basis of plot alone, pretty disgusting.

And yeah, you have to blame Miller first. It was his baby, malforned though it was.

Actually I thought the storyline with Clive Owen was the worst, but I guess it was a case of horrible and horribler....

Robert Devereux
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 10:47 am:   

I wonder at the logic of the Hartigan story. Instead of shooting to kill, and ridding the world of a pedophile rapist murderer, he shoots to maim. Instead of trying to remove the killer from the world, he wants to torture him first. His cruelty leads to his future problems. And we're supposed to look at him as a good guy?

Then, how does signing a confession get him released from prison? Wouldn't confessing to all those crimes keep him in longer? Wait, I forgot, a corrupt senator trumps logic. Why did he get out of jail? The corrupt senator arranged for it, in the same way he arranged for no testimony from Nancy.

I guess I'm thinking too much.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 11:04 am:   

Oh, yeah! Way too much. :-)

Nick Mamatas
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 03:23 pm:   

How about the Marv story? The priest already has the cops and the DA in his pocket, he and Kevin The Serial Killer aren't suspected of anything, and they're only killing whores anyway.

So, why exactly do they need to frame Marv, or for that matter, anyone? Doing so would bring some attention to the murders, and there's always the possibility of some crusading newspaperman, an Oldtown hooker with a machine gun, or "the last honest cop" checking into the real story. The status quo of the most powerful man in the state, with a Senator brother and total control of the cops and the prosecutor's office, killing hookers with his cannibal buddy was actually the safest bet.

If they had just let things go, and waited to hunt and kill Goldie later, they would have had no problems at all.

MarcL
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 03:35 pm:   

The movie would have been better if they'd thoroughly blended the episodes into one big fat story instead of keeping them distinct. Get Del Toro's cop character teamed up with the Michael Madsen character to topple the evil Bishop. Put Hartigan and the silent Kevin character into an uneasy partnership to track down the equally uneasy alliance forged between the Yellow Bastard and Marv, and maybe that wolfdog. All the women are hookers, so the dramatic possibilities stay pretty much the same. Then who's left? The senator and the assassin.

MarcL
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 03:38 pm:   

Also, they totally miscast Elijah Wood as Kevin. Tobey Maguire would have OWNED in that part!

Also, was anyone else scandalized by all the nude scenes featuring the mom from Spy Kids? I'll bet those kids were really upset to see their mom that way.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 03:40 pm:   

"...they would have had no problems at all."

Well, that may be something of an overstatement, but yeah...none of it made any sense, logically. aesthetically. any ol' way...

Lucius
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 03:46 pm:   

You guys are suggesting ways to salvage the project, but I think it was unsalvageable from the gitgo...

As a concept, it was stupid, because the guy, Miller, thought noir was all about a noirish surface. He just didn't get it...and that doomed the book, the movie, everything...

MarcL
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 06:08 pm:   

I can't help myself. When something's broken, I want to break it more.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 07:15 pm:   

Oh, okay. Press on with your repairs.

MarcL
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 10:42 am:   

I think I finally figured out the target audience: Adolescent chimps.

Consider all the rending of limbs and genitals. It's a lock for that audience.

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 10:46 am:   

Unfortunately there are a great many adolescent chimps in the multiplexes.

Dave G.
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 12:05 pm:   

As a word of warning, I ran into a guy I know on Friday night who is a self-described comics junkie. He could scarcely stop raving about SC; he obviously enjoyed the various strains of violence and perversity. He and his friend were enthusiastically recruiting as many people as they could to see the flick. If they are an example of the word of mouth this thing has, it may build into a huge hit.

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 12:17 pm:   

Oh, the geeks are gonna love it. Nobody ever lost a buck pandering to the American public.

It's gonna be big, but it won't do Pulp Fiction numbers.

MarcL
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   

The numbers could suffer if the target audience starts flinging feces in their excitement.

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   

Yup.

:-)

Dave G.
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 01:23 pm:   

Hey, if you can't beat 'em, start flinging, I say.

MarcL
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 01:56 pm:   

I assumed the critics already had this weapon in their arsenal.

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 02:00 pm:   

They do, but there's never enough.....

MarcL
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 03:30 pm:   

"Here, have some of mine!"

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 05:49 pm:   

Thanks, but I'll use this plastic poop I ordered from a company advertised on the inside back cover of Sin City #7...

MarcL
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 09:36 pm:   

You know, I read that ad for years and years in the backs of comic books when I was a kid, and dreamed it would be the hugest most amazing turd ever, but my mom would never let me buy one. When I finally came across one in a garage sale a few years ago, I was disappointed to find it was just a little dried up thing like an old shrivelled mushroom.

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 10:20 pm:   

tis enough, t'will serve...

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 06:30 am:   

That's why you're better off buying yourself a bag of milorganite, Marc. (My second-favorite moment in the Packers-Bears rivalry: when some industrious fans managed to get a dumptruckload of milorganite delivered to Mike Ditka at the Bears' offices. Doesn't get much better than that.)

Fox-in-Underoos
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 07:01 am:   

Milorganite??? Is that like Ovaltine? Mix it with milk and it's like chocolate milk, but with twice the vitamins and preservatives?

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 07:23 am:   

Your first favorite moment? Could it be when the frozen carcass of St Lombardi was elected mayor of chicago? No, must have been when St Brett fed the assembled at Soldier Field with three diet Frescas and 12 strips of beef jerky....

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 08:14 am:   

My big disappointment was, when GB won its superbowl in 1997 and finally had the chance to outdo the Bears' "Super Bowl Shuffle," they came up with jack squat. No singing, no dancing, no nothing. What was up with that?

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 09:00 am:   

Green Bay white people

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 10:06 am:   

Oh, Dave, Dave, Dave. You had to ask...
http://www.southendzone.com/musicstore/
The only player-generated music was the mostly rap CD put together by Eugene Robinson called Titletown. The reason you didn't hear about it: 1) while they sucked, they weren't embarassingly painful to listen to like Da Idiots of Da Midway. 2) they didn't make a dumbass video like da Bears.

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 10:10 am:   

#1 Packers-Bears rivalry moment: Charles Martin's unbelievably late cheap-shot bodyslam of Jim McMahon back in 1986. I think the play (a pass completion) might have already been whistled dead. Martin and Mcmahon are both watching the action downfield, then Martin notices McMahon is standing right in front of him, almost shrugs and says what the hell, and picks up McMahon and slams him to the turf on his right (throwing) shoulder. McMahon was not only done for the season, his already questionable throwing strength was destroyed, and he never played another great, or even good, game in his career. Priceless.

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 10:11 am:   

Oh, and Google Milorganite. And use it in good health...

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 10:33 am:   

Wow. I take it back. GB fans are completely wacko.

For the record, nothing could be as poor as "Proud to Be a New York Giant," the fabricated 2000 season musical offering that was sung by some white dude with a hip-hop/Crooklyn accent.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 11:09 am:   

I remember Question Mark of Question Mark and the Mysterians ("96 Tears") singing the national anthem at a Tiger game. That was special.

At least MacMahon could count to two and regularly kicked Packer ass.

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 07:42 pm:   

I'm not questioning McMahon's ability. Granted he was far from the reason the Bears won the SB (the top five reasons: Sweetness, the D, the D, the D, the D), but he brought a lot of leadership and swagger, and played solid. I'm just ragging on the piece o' shit because he was a piece o' shit. When he got a second SB ring for holding Brett's clipboard, it was painful and a bit ironic. Of course, he wore his Bears jersey when he went with the Packers to visit the White House, fragginfarginbullshavonicklas milorganite-suckin punk. (If I were a Bear fan, I would've tracked him down and kissed him for it. Of course, the reason he did it is that he still had steakhouses in Chicago, and he knew which side his bread was buttered.)

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 08:55 pm:   

I'm not a bears fan, but I liked Mac for the way he defied Rozelle and he had a ton of guts and played broken....and he was smart.. I know that means to nothing to a farve fan (how could it?) but I figure when he was holding that clipboard, he might have boosted the Farve IQ a couple of points.

Minz
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 06:03 am:   

:-) McMahon was undoubtedly a savvy player, and wrung out every bit of his somewhat limited abilities. He was good, but not great; on the other hand, leadership and savvy can never be underestimated. It's why I'm willing to heed folks who claim Montana is the greatest QB of all time. McMahon didn't have his touch, nor even his arm strength (not that Joe had a cannon), but he wasn't too far behind in the intangibles. And he was a real rebel, not like these clowns today who defy the league because they think it'll lead to bling. McMahon had that true heart of a rebel, the I-don't-give-a-fuckall what the pencil pushers have to say. My hatred of him comes out of respect, much like my hatred of Aikman, Moose, Emmit & Novacek. The kind of players you'd love to have on your team, and hate their guts for playing for a rival. (As opposed to a snot-nosed punk like Michael Irvin or Randy Moss, where I'd be embarassed to have their sorry asses on my team and hate them all the more for playing for a rival.)

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 09:56 am:   

Get off Irvin, man. Irvin never balked at going over the middle....He had his team's respect and that's all I need to know.

Dave G.
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 12:12 pm:   

And he looked great in ermine!

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 12:48 pm:   

See, Minz, this is all a style thing. Think Brett never fucked a groupie, a hooker? Think he never did coke? Thing is, he didn't wear ermine. And that gets your white boy gene all upset, that Michael did.

Minz
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 01:33 pm:   

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

When Brett got busted for being out of control, he admitted his problem and went into rehab. Michael Irvin screamed at the cops "Do you know who I am?"

When Brett makes a great play that results in a score, he runs around like an idiot looking for a teammate to celebrate with (he used to run down the field and tackle the guy who scored until he almost killed Edgar Bennett one time when he collared him from behind, at which point Holmgren put a stop to it.) Irvin acted like he saved mankind _when he merely got a first down_. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Irvin attempts to embarass the opposing players and team. Brett tries to beat them.

You just have a problem that this dumb ol' hick who really is nothin' more than a sandlot player who done good gets all this great press. You just want to see him brought down off his pedestal. But he didn't create the pedestal, and he didn't seek it. Irvin desperately seeks it even now.

:-) (Ain't I a stinker?) :-)

Minz
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 01:33 pm:   

And Brett would look terrible in ermine (and would have no hope of spelling it).

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 01:45 pm:   

No, I don't buy his hunble show. Irving doesn't desperately seek it now -- he's centerpiece of the ESPN show, and he and Steve Young, an unlikely pair, are very entertaining. As for his signature first down move, that's style, pal. It excites the white boy gene. Brett's style is to cry like a little baby and confess, a la his idols Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker. Which is more entertaining? Well....

Irvin did his share of beatin'....esp beating the Packers. Brett is tries to like the all-american boy, but comes off like the all-american gump.

I stand by what I said, white boy. :-)

Minz
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 01:57 pm:   

If Brett were to be dropped by a head blow at the Vet (ok, Lincoln field or whatever), I bet the fans wouldn't be cheering. :-)

And before you think I'm too white boy ('kay, I am, but still), I _liked_ T.O. for a while. I thought his move with the poms poms was terrific, and that was against my Packers. I thought his dance on the Dallas star was awesome. The sharpie was stupid, and after that point, it went downhill. His dickin' around of Baltimore was bad enough, and he clearly was a bad seed and bad teammate in SF. I'll at least give Irvin credit that he never dicked over his team like Owens and Moss have. He did leave it on the field. But it's clear his momma didn't smack him around enough when he was a wee bairn.

Dave G.
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 02:16 pm:   

T.O.'s head-and-shoulders-knees-and-toes move is so wussy and awkward that it cancels out the pom poms and the sharpie for style. It's like a move Adam Sandler might cop in the remade Longest Yard.

Jeremy Shockey's attempt to shush the crowd at 3Com Park might have been a classic if the Giants hadn't melted down so spectacularly.

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 02:18 pm:   

Whatever you say bout Irvin, he did leave it on the field. That's my point. If he hadn't done all the funky stuff, you woulda loved him.

paulw
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 05:47 am:   

Once again demonstrating the truth of the old adage that all threads lead to football . . .

Lucius
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 06:27 am:   

Yup

Dave G.
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 06:36 am:   

Speaking of T.O., did you read that he is threatening to miss mini-camp and off-season workouts if the Eagles don't upgrade his contract? I guess he decided the mere opportunity of playing alongside Donny Chunkysoup wasn't compensation enough.

Watching the Beagles' fans turn on this character is going to be one of the most delicious spectacles of the coming season.

Dave G.
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 10:16 am:   

A lighthearted note incorporating "sin" and football: an Atlanta woman filed a battery suit against Michael Vick this week, alleging that he gave her herpes.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 10:58 am:   

They won't turn as long as he;s playing like last season.

MarcL
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 12:39 pm:   

Football? I thought you guys were talking about badminton.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 12:51 pm:   

Just so long as its bad....

JV
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 04:25 pm:   

I came out of Sin City just a half hour ago...completely numbed. I hadn't seen a single human moment in the whole thing. Lucius wrote, "Movies are not comic books; they demand a translator’s approach, and Rodriguez, in transferring Miller’s vision (more later) to the screen, has created an oppressive exercise in literalism." And the source material is crap, if this is any indication. Even if you believe in inhabiting stereotypes to try to make them archetypes, it's still crap. Eww.

I feel like I need to rent the Station Agent or something to get the grossness out of my brain.

JeffV

MarcL
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 04:44 pm:   

What does this comment have to do with sports?

Ban him!

MarcL
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 04:45 pm:   

And yes, the source material is quite pewpy.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 04:46 pm:   

I recommend The Return. Dark, but a great film that Frank Miller should watch and rewatch until something sinks in.

Yup...it's crrrap!

Mastadge
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 09:00 pm:   

I too saw SIN CITY today, and enjoyed it quite thoroughly. I don't think I stopped laughing throughout, though, to the dismay of the other five people in the theatre. Honestly, as the movie it wishes it was it's an awesome failure, but it's great comedy beginning to end. Funnier, in fact, than the awful MEET THE FOCKERS, which I also saw today. (I will admit to chuckling a few times during FOCKERS, but that was more a testament to the actors involved than the material they had to work with.)

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 09:54 pm:   

"Let it be noted, Lawrence, that you have a peculiar notion of fun." :-)

Yeah, I see yr point about SIN CITY. For my part, I just got bored and that, in turn, got me pissed off at Miller and Rodriguez.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register