Region-Free DVD Hacks and General Int... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Region-Free DVD Hacks and General Int'l DVD Geekage « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

MarcL
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 09:33 am:   

I just saw this on Cool Tools. It contains info about a cheap, readily available DVD player that can be easily reprogrammed to ignore region coding and play international DVDs.

Also at the same link, a couple sites that feature nerdy chatter about all manner of international DVD releases of interest to the people who get so worked up about such things in Lucius's movie threads.

http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/000109.php

Rich P.
Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 02:39 am:   

Hey, Marc. Check out this source for downloadable asian movies... torrentspy.com ...it might be nerdy but its free!

BIll Reynolds/Socrates17
Posted on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 11:42 pm:   

How did I miss THIS thread for the last 12 days?

I suffered for years with the issue of VHS quality degredation in standards conversion (NTSC-3, NTSC-4, SECAM, good grief.) At the dawn of the DVD era I refused to buy a DVD player until I could get one that was all region and that converted between PAL and NTSC. I'm now on my 3rd, a 5 DVD changer and I'm about to buy a backup.

I'm one of those people who get so worked up about these things - and proud of it. Thanks for the site recommendation!!! Never heard of them before but you may be sure I will spend plenty of time there now. (I really do like Asian films, although you wouldn't know it from my posts. Hope you enjoy JSA.)

MarcL
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 12:24 am:   

JSA is the one film on the library lending list that had a handful of holds ahead of mine. I know that THE ISLE is en route, but JSA is going to be hanging out there a bit longer. I'm excited to see it though.

Rich, I'm afraid I can't handle the long torrent downloads (my pipe is not all that phat), and I have a fetish for actual packaged DVDs. My pipe is not phat. If I get desperate, though...good to know about.

Bill Reynolds/Socrates17
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 06:59 am:   

It is woit de wait. TOTALLY not what I expected when I started watching it - and that is one of my favorite potential characteristics of a film, book, or CD.

(Ex-PsychoGirlfriend Cindy: "I know what you like in music. You like something that does something for a minute or so and then stops and does something different."

Pretty good analysis, PsychoGirl.)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register