HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Viator lives

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Viator lives « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Williams
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 11:58 pm:   

Tomorrow morning we pick up Lucius' new novel, Viator, from the printer. All preorders should be shipped out before the end of the week.

The limited edition has completely sold out, although some dealers may have copies.

More details at http://www.nightshadebooks.com/book.aspx?bookid=31

JV
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 07:04 am:   

Lucius:

I'm very much looking forward to this one. Sounds fascinating.

JeffV

MarcL
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 09:56 am:   

Lucius read part of it at the SF Museum last week. Great stuff.

Deborah
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 11:15 am:   

Yeah, it's a stunning piece of work...

Mahesh Raj Mohan
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 10:50 am:   

"All preorders should be shipped out before the end of the week."

Huzzah and yeehaw!

Ken Viola
Posted on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 08:07 am:   

Lucius- I assimilated VIATOR in two gulps this week, and as with almost everything of your recent prolificy, really felt it. So much so I had a nightmare in which the substance had manifested itself and relentlessly hunted me. The chinese food I ate could also have been a factor. The style deployed was more stream of conciousness than normal for you, which suceeded in illuminating the changing landscape of his (our) mind.
Of your latest output, I have most enjoyed Col Rutherfords Colt, 2 Trains Running, Liars House, Emerald Street Expansions, Radiant Green, Eternity and Afterwood, Jailwise, A Walk in the Garden, and HANDBOOK, which I heard you read a portion from to a packed room in NYC. Your reading was a torrent, interesting to me as when I read you, I take on the words in shorter, heavier bursts. When you write, does the stuff pour out?
Lastly, you were very open and gracious when I approached you. I Thank You for that, as you are one of only a very few contemporary Authors I read. I met someone there who said you were staying with him. He mentioned to me you don't receive much input, hence this message. There hasn't been anything I haven't liked. You have sucessfully varied styles and subjects to keep everything interesting and fluid. You have revisited older themes, broken new ground, and reflected the inner pysche of NOW. By allowing novella length, you have solved what can be a short story problem: by the time you get in, it's time to go, or you want more. Thanks again, as always, for everything. KV

Lucius
Posted on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 08:20 am:   

Hi, Ken...I remember you.

Stuff doesn't pour out. Fluidity is an effect I strive for and sometimes it takes a lot of painstaking work to get that effect. Viator was especially difficult.

Anyway, you must have been talking to mark jacobsen--he's a good friend.

I appreiciate your kind words more than I can say. Thanks a lot....and stay away from the Chinese food. :-)

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 11:38 am:   

Cheryl Morgan's Emerald City "best of 2004" list included VIATOR.

http://www.emcit.com/emcit113.shtml#Best

Scroll all they way down to the "short fiction" catagory. I thought 40K words was the cut-off for novels, but whatever. Gift horse, and mouths and all. :-)

Lucius
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 04:25 pm:   

Viator Reborn will be released by NS early in 2008. This edition involves a rewrite that added an extra 25000 words, and will include a preface written for this edition.

Kelly Christopher Shaw
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 05:22 pm:   

I can't wait to see this, but am disappointed it won't see the light of day next year. Forgive my ignorance, but is it actually called Viator Reborn, and will it get a hardcover release?

Lucius
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 05:32 pm:   

No it's just called Viator, maybe I'll use a subtitle: The Complete Text or some such. No hardover, though maybe the NS boys will do a limited or something. I'm disappointed to, but que sera sera.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |