Lucius - Art Guy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Lucius - Art Guy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Matt Jarpe
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 09:58 am:   

I'm on a panel at Noreascon on Saturday called "Pulp Eye for the Art Guy." The idea is that a panel of pulp writers will take on a "hopeless artiste" and teach him the ways of pulp. I'm the "Bad Prose Style Guy."

I just wanted to let Lucius and his fans know that I picked him as my Art Guy. I'm going to read a bit of "Barnacle Bill" and suggest how he might re-work it to be more pulpy. The story has everything it needs to be space opera, rockets and rivets, sex and kung fu, but it's just so ... well written.

I'll let you know how it goes. And if any of you are going to be at Noreascon, stop by the panel and heckle me.

Bob K.
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 10:11 am:   

>rockets and rivets, sex and kung fu

You forgot the impaired savior...

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 10:57 am:   

Uh, thanks.....I guess. :-)

Good luck with that, Matt

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register