Forthcoming Stuff Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Forthcoming Stuff « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucius
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:01 pm:   

Forthcoming Stuff in approx. order of appearance...

Liar's House -- reprint of a Griaule novella with a cover by JK Potter, scheduled pretty much now.

Trujillo -- Short story collection from PS Publishing, should be out in July

Senor Volto, reprint of the novelette accompanied by a profile in the French Magazine Galaxies...

The Blackpool Ascensions, Novella, in Polyphony 4, should be out in early Sept.

VIATOR, short novel, with terrific cover by John Picacio, in September, I'm told...

Weapons of Mass Seduction, coll. of film reviews and a couple of related essays....should be out by WFC

HANDBOOK OF AMERICAN PRAYER, novel, out in late fall...

More later...

Bruce Chrumka
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 11:17 am:   

Hi Lucius,

A modest suggestion...could you add your forthcoming stuff to the News on your website? Fans who don't monitor this board will be tuned, and Bob Kruger will be an even happier reindeer geschneiffler than he already is.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 11:39 am:   

Hi, Bruce...

Thanks. I've neglected the website because I'm so under the gun, but I'll do that tonight. Kruger's never happy, the little schmeisendiefteglotter... :-)

Bruce
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 09:40 am:   

Hi Lucius,

http://www.britishfantasysociety.org.uk/info/vote2002.htm

Looks like congrats are in order for you as well...four nominations! Other luminaries from the Nightshades discussion group are up for awards as well, notably Ellen Datlow, Liz Hand and John Picacio. You're up against Jeffrey Ford's terrific novel and novella...kudos to all!

It is a bit surreal to see 'Floater' cheek to jowl with Harry Potter. Speaking of which, have you checked out the latest from Senor Cuaron? It's not pretty.

...and what's this shocking news from Bob Kruger? Will he still be able to geschneiffle his reindeer?

Cheers, Bruce

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:02 pm:   

Thanks, Bruce...

Yeah, its a sad day. Don;t know what to say. I reckon we let Bob speak for himself....

billc
Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 03:35 pm:   

Hey Lucius,

I see that Pete has posted the cover image for Trujillo over at the PS website. Looks good. Looking forward to the book

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 07:23 am:   

Me, too, Bill. Hope it live up to your expectaions.

StephenB
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 12:45 pm:   

Lucius: I'm wondering if you're planning on releasing, Louisiana Breakdown, Floater, and any other independantly published novellas, in an upcomming collection. I want to read those stories but I would prefer to wait for them to be collected, especially considering you have a few novels comming out soon. Trujillo still hasn't arrived, anyone else waiting?

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 01:16 pm:   

I don't have any plans right now, Steven. Maybe someday.....

StephenB
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 10:49 pm:   

Alright thanks.

ben peek
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2004 - 05:53 am:   

stephenb: got my copy of trujillo today. it, um, appears to have come through switzerland.

StephenB
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 08:36 am:   

Maybe mine is still in switzerland? I ordered Viator and Handbook today online; they only came to around 40$(can) with free shipping and handling. I know they will be good. I'll be reading some of the British classics like Jane Eryre and Miss Dallaway/Hours for my British lit class this fall, but hopefully I'll get in alotta Lucius as well.

Roger
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 01:54 pm:   

Lucius,
The Feb Locus mentions a collection Eternity and Other Stories that you have sold to Thunder's Mouth Press. Any information available about this book, such as contents and release date?
Roger

Bruce
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 09:39 am:   

Hi Lucius,

Just thought I'd brace you about forthcoming stuff given a few comments I'd heard recently. Very cool news about a non-fiction book on Latin America...anything else you could tell us about it?

I gather 'Eternity and Other Stories'is the American version of 'Trujillo and Other Stories'. Any word on a publication date for that volume and 'Weapons of Mass Seduction'? Thanks.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 09:46 am:   

You'd have to ask Deborah about Weapons. Bruce. The novel, Trujillo, is coming out from NS and the collection from Avalon is most of the other stories. Another collection is due from PS next year.

The non-fiction book is a sort of meandering thing about my experience in CA, some of them, and the soldier of fortune, Lee Christmas.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register