First Reagan Miracle reported Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » First Reagan Miracle reported « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucius
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:37 am:   

This from tthe AP:

"Neighbors have been flocking to Jerry and Elaine Pyun's garage workshop in Palatka, Florida to view the face of Ronald Reagan. The face appeared in the warped glass of the workshop window on the day the 40th president was finally laid to rest. Barely visible at first, the image has sharpened over the course of a week. Now the Gipper's famous grin is clearly visible.

"Looks like the man's about to speak," said Marge Pierpoint, one of the crowd who gathers daily, waiting for a pronouncement. "If he does, I reckon he'll have a lot more to say than those boys running for president."

Each morning, dozens of people gather beside the Pyuns' garage. By noon, the crowd swells to several hundred. The offerings of candles, flowers, and Reagan memorabilia lie so thickly upon the driveway, they have blocked the Pyuns' access.

"It's a nuisance, all right," said Jerry. "But this has got to be the Lord's doing. Far be it from me to interfere with His work."

"However, there are those who have questioned the Pyuns' worthiness to host the Reagan image, especially since the couple began charging admission to the garage, donating the proceeds to the John Kerry campaign.

"The Pyuns, you see, are lifelong Democrats."

Dave G.
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 08:31 am:   

Lucius, I assume this is your twisted sense of humor. :-) Has the lobbying begun in the Holy See yet?

Lucius
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 08:34 am:   

Twisted? Moi? I don't make the news, Dave, I only report it.

Beatify the mofo, I say!

Minz
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 09:59 am:   

Wow, what beautiful irony that would be. Beatify a guy who funded death squads that killed nuns and priests. Don't get much better than that.

Dave G.
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 10:09 am:   

Federal Park Police had to be summoned to break up the scrum that resulted when Lee Atwater's face materialized in the nacho cheese tortilla I had for lunch. But, seriously, boys, let's keep it quiet. I do NOT need the publicity...

Coulda sworn I saw Strom Thurmond in the pico de gallo, but I can't be sure. Coulda just as easily have been Wayne Hays. :-)

Lucius
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 10:14 am:   

They're all waiting for Ron in the afterlife, I'm sure. Saint Ron...and, coming soon, Saint Nancy....

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 02:34 pm:   

There was an article the other day in a local paper suggesting (I swear) that we name the sun after Reagan.

I don' t even know what to say....

Pat Lundrigan
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 05:01 pm:   

More fitting would be to name the Nation Debt after him.
"On the day of Jeb Bush's second inauguration, the Regan climbed to 600 trillion dollars for the first time since the invasion of Saudi Arabia. Vice President Dick Cheny assured reporters that the Regan would sink once Saudi oil began flowing."

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 05:28 pm:   

Yup, Pat. That would be fair. I think there should be a national referendum on the matter.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register