Harry Potter Review Delayed Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Harry Potter Review Delayed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 12:43 pm:   

Bruce Chrumka upbraided me this morning for not yet posting Lucius' new review of Harry Potter, in which he makes peace with both director Alfonso Cuaron for Y Tu Mama Tambien and Harry Himself (working title "HP, Come Here You Little Prat and Let Me Give You a Noogie 'Cause You Done Good"). Yep, that's right: LUCIUS TAKES IT ALL BACK! Here's a pullquote, "J.K. Rowling deserves it all -- the money, the praise, the scholarship dedicated to her work, the royal honors forthcoming, the forebearing doctor husband. One might suspect me of irony at this point, but no. Cuaron's lens, applied with divine genius, has focussed a light of pure joy into my heart. God bless you, J.K. Rowling."

It gets better...

Bob
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 12:51 pm:   

And, yeah, I know it should be "forbearing doctor husband." I haven't edited it yet.

Bob

Bruce
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 01:35 pm:   

Yes, Bob, it is a shocking reversal. What blew me away was Lucius’s 180 on Chris Columbus, to wit: “ It was not until the eighth time I’d experienced the Sorcerer’s Stone that I’d summoned the cojones to screen Chris Columbus’s masterful second take at the Harry Potter oeuvre. The moody foreshadowing of the spiders, the lambent glow infusing the scenes in the girl’s toilette and the final shattering images featuring a monstrous basilisk and a stunningly evocative phoenix, so subtly emblematic of the evil that pervades society’s underbelly and the inevitability of good’s triumph over it has proven to me the genius of Columbus and the limitless of his auctorial talents. Bravo, Christopher, bravo!"

…and that’s one of the less effusive pullquotes.

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 01:38 pm:   

Is this movie out yet ? It's not, right....

Bob
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 01:47 pm:   

No, but I thought we could release the review early, like we did with "Eternal Sunshine."

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 01:57 pm:   

Nonetheless, I haven't seen it. Oh, wait! I see! You were essaying an attempt of humor. Very nice. Keep trying. It's coming, slow but sure. Good lad!

Bob
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 02:55 pm:   

Actually, no, you miss the point. I was kind of hoping you might do the essay. Look at your calendar.

Luís
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 03:21 pm:   

I love this day. :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register