DHL Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » DHL « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 09:45 am:   

It now appears that I may not be in DC, thanks to the good offices of DHL, the express service. My tickets were sent me via DHL by the people who run the Utopialies festival in France and DHL routed them to Vancouver Canada rather than Vancouver WA. The tickets have been in Canada since Oct 15, but DHL seems incapable of forwarding them on to me. I have been told that they cannot give me a guarantee that I will receive them in time to travel. Unbelievable. I'm not sure why I'm bothering to post this -- anger, certainly, is a factor. Perhaps I'm hoping to rouse a group curse on DHL. In any case, those of you with whom I have appointements, engagements, et al in DC, London, Paris, and New York, I'll keep you posted.

Claude Lalumičre
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 11:26 am:   

I've had my share of misadventures with DHL's customer-serviceless ineptitude.
You can add my voice to your group curse.

rfw
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 11:43 am:   

Did they deliver them to a Lucius Shepard in Canada? Considering they're job is to deliver something to the person at the address on the package, and they haven't done that, I don't see how they can say they can't get the package to you? Other than ineptitude, like Claude said. Keep after them.

Robert

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 11:48 am:   

Claude....you're added in, for sure.

Robert, no, they've just been holding them at the office. My address in the state is clearly listed. At one point I asked a guy who was looking at the package to go out and find a mailbox and mail them. Nope. Couldn't do that. I'm yelling now. The thing is, I''ve spent about six, seven hours on the phone that I could have better used.

GabrielM
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 06:42 pm:   

That's terrible. When something similar last happened to me I was able to have the airline cancel the paper tickets and reissue them as electronic tickets or "e-tickets", which means the boarding pass can just be picked up by the passenger at the airport with a credit card. I don't know whether that's feasible in this case.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 06:54 pm:   

It may be feasible, Gabe, but since I didn't buy the tickets, I can't do it, and France is closed for the weekend, so I can; get through to them.

I'm still hopeful, I'm just burned out from dealing with these assholes....

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 07:09 pm:   

Gabe, if you're listening....was it you recommended this Spanish Lovecraft movie, Dagon?

GabrielM
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 09:12 pm:   

Wasn't me. I've heard reasonably good things about it but haven't seen it. I understand it's a Stuart Gordon movie (he of Reanimator fame) but set in Spain and with Spanish actors. No idea what language it's in, I assume English? Despite the title, the plot summary I read made it sound more like it's based on the Innsmouth story than on Dagon. (And not on the Fred Chappell Lovecraftian novel also called "Dagon" either.) If you see it let us know if it's any good.

I'm watching Russell's LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM as I write this. Guilty pleasure, that one....

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 09:32 pm:   

I just saw it on the scifi channel. It was partly in Spanish, partly English. It's okay. Not as much fun as the Russell...

Luís Rodrigues, Lover of Goddesses, Hater of Cabbages
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 11:17 pm:   

I was very unimpressed by DAGON, myself.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with DHL. I also had my share of trouble with them, mostly delayed "express" packages. Plus I hear they recently merged with one or two other delivery companies, so it's their usual mess, squared.

Have you had the chance to watch MAY? It's by this new guy, Lucky McKee, and it's a Frankenstein-type story with strong Dario Argento influences. Fun movie, in a sick kind of way. Loved it.

Best,
Luís

Luis
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 12:13 am:   

Another great movie I saw recently was GOOD BYE, LENIN! I don't know how easily it can be found in the US, but it's worth looking for it.

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 07:39 am:   

Luis,

Dagon's not so much, but when you're working and have been working for twelve hours, it's kind of okay. Yeah, I've seen May. I liked it. Don't know Godbye Lenin, but I'll hunt it up....

Lucius
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 06:58 am:   

BTW, Luis, Lucky McKee is now doing a big deal horror film entitled THE WOODS about a woods surrounding a college campus populated with mythical creatures. I wonder if Robert Holdstock has anything to do with the project...or if he may have cause for litigation. :-)

Luís
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 10:36 am:   

Well, no surprises there. Someone wake me up when Hollywood comes up with an original idea.

Best,
Luís

GabrielM
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 12:37 pm:   

It's nice to think of MYTHAGO WOOD being the inspiration for a movie, but sounds like the concept could just as easily have come from Harry Potter, where the forest surrounding Hogwarts is populated by centaurs and other creatures....

Lucius
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 12:56 pm:   

Maybe Holdstock has some recourse with Rowlings...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register