Loved A Walk In the Garden Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Shepard, Lucius » Loved A Walk In the Garden « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Trish Macomber
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 03:00 pm:   

Ellen Datlow suggested I come tell you how much I enjoyed your story, instead of just telling her. *grin* A Walk In the Garden was an awesome story, the descriptive narrative so real it made my head tingle. It was also an inspiration, something I don't find in many stories these days. I'll definitely look for more stories from you at SciFiction.

Ellen
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 03:09 pm:   

Hey Trish,
Have you read Lucius's earlier stories in our archives? If not, go on. Lucius has been quite prolific in past couple of years. I also have a novella by him in The Dark,-- the ghost story antho coming out from Tor in October.

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 03:23 pm:   

Hey, Trish...I really appreciate your kind words.
Obviously (at least I hope it's obvious), "Walk" was a story I felt strongly about--not just the Iraqi stuff, but as to the way soldiers are--and I feel extremely rewarded that people like yourself are responding to it....

Lucius

Trish Macomber
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 05:21 pm:   

Ellen, I remember Jaguar Hunter as being my favorite book forever. And I'm just discovering some of his older works that I need to re-read. And working my way through the archives as my writing and editing schedule allows.

Lucius, my father was a career soldier and I was born in Viet Nam while he and Mom were there. I did connect so strongly with the soldier aspect that it gave me pause.

And thanks to the inspiration, I was kept awake for MANY hours writing a new story. *LOL*

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 05:26 pm:   

Hey, Trish...

Born in Vietnam, wow...that was a helluva place to start anything, especially a life. There were probably some crazy angels looking in.

Glad the piece inspired some new work...

Ellen
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 07:27 pm:   

Wow! Trish. What Lucius said about being born in Viet Nam.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register