Hey, it's me Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Carter, Scott William » Hey, it's me « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott William Carter
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 11:54 am:   

Thanks to the incomparable Jeff VanderMeer for inviting me to the Night Shade boards and giving me a topic. Now if I can just get that Captain Crunch decoder ring he promised me, my life will be complete.

Just a brief bio . . . I'm thirty-one year-old writer with about a dozen short story sales to my name, most of them in the last year -- Analog, Weird Tales, Cicada, and Chizine, to name a few. A complete bibliography can be found on my Web site at www.scottwilliamcarter.com.

Other bits of info: I live in Northwest Oregon, and I'm fortunate to be surrounded and mentored by many, many talented writers, some of whom post on this board. I'm currently in love with two women: my wife of eight years, and my beautiful sixteen-month old daughter.

JV
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 05:55 pm:   

Welcome, Scott! Thanks for joining the NS message boards.

JeffV

Scott William Carter
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 04:06 pm:   

Glad to. Now where's my decoder ring?

Matt Cheney
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 12:07 pm:   

Hi Scott -- I just discovered you're hiding over here. Nice to see you've got a place to hang out in the cybersphere, or whatever this collection of electrons is. Well, in addition to your own site, of course.

Scott William Carter
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 08:52 am:   

Thanks, Matt. Yep, Jeff was kind enough to offer me the space, and how could I refuse? You can never have a big enough collection of electrons, right?

I try to hit your site at least a couple times a week. You've always got something interesting to say -- and half the time I even agree with you. :-)

Matt Cheney
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 02:49 pm:   

Do you have a publication date for your Weird Tales story yet? Anything else waiting in the wings?

Scott William Carter
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 05:27 pm:   

>>Do you have a publication date for your Weird Tales story yet?

No, and I'm sure it will be a while. I saw Darrell mention on another list that they've got enough inventory for nearly two years even if they didn't buy a single story. Of course, that doesn't stop me from sending them other stuff. :-) I tell you, I like the magazine, but I do wish they could get out more issues. Hey, maybe they can print my story in the margins of Jeff's "All Vandermeer" issue. That might get it into print sooner.

>>Anything else waiting in the wings?

Yeah, a number of things. Had a sf story come out a few days ago in Oceans of the Mind. I've got stories coming up in Analog, Cicada (a young adult market that pays fantastic), Crimewave, and one in this new market called Surreal Magazine. Thanks for asking. And I keep plugging away. To me, getting better is really where it's at, though I do like selling. I especially like selling for money. Lots and lots of money. :-)

How about you? Has Locus yet figurd out your utter brilliance and since discontinued all other reviews because all other opinions are now moot?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration