Singularity::criticism Sinks! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Chouinard, Gabe » Singularity::criticism Sinks! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

FlyingPizzle
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 06:05 pm:   

For reasons best known to himself, Gabe has apparently pulled the plug on his Singularity::criticism (see here).

As I posted on the Singularity message board (Their motto being "We're all bastards here."):

This so typical of him (and typically selfish). I hope he DOESN'T get more time and interest in something later on. Gabe may be a nice guy (who knows, it's possible), but he has the attention span and social skills of a two year old.

Time after time he's whipped himself into a lather on a project, suckered in a bunch of enablers to his current obsession, only to immolate it in a massive tantrum.

I used to admire Gabe's passion towards our beloved genre, but, although I fundamentally agreed with his many of his views, I grew increasingly disenchanted with his shrill, disjointed diatribes.

I fear that Gabe has succumbed to his own ego and has become the Ralph Nader of the Literate Genre Party. If Gabe continues to feel impelled to shout his views at the world, perhaps he could pitch a new column over at SF Weekly: Excessive Psychosis.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Trent
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 06:27 am:   

Hey, Pizzle,

Gabe has decided to do longer posts at the main site. He wants to change things around. We await new orders.

Thank you for your interest. With other sites chosing not to run criticism, it's nice to see ground support for looking at SF as art outside of academia.

Alan and I have already added to the blog as we await the change, so there's still more to come.

Take care.

Trent Walters

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration