Harvey Raines Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Duncan, Hal » Harvey Raines « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

al duncan
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 09:37 am:   

It gives me great pleasure, as the cliche goes... to announce... well, it's not an announcement actually, since that's already been done... to spread the good news (hmm, that sounds a bit religious)... ah, bollocks.

Whatever. It seems a good friend of mine and fellow Glasgow SF Writer's Circle stalwart (we're everywhere, you know) is the latest author to sign to John Jarrold's Agency. Having read his first novel Moondog in an early draft, and the first half of a second novel currently in the offing, all I'll say is I think that's a damn fine decision on Mr Jarrold's part.

As he says: "The writing and concepts are remarkable. Itís difficult to keep a reader fascinated throughout such a long book, but Raines has managed it superbly. His next two ideas sound equally original and imaginative. Iím delighted to welcome him to the agency."

I'm happy to second that praise for Moondog. It's a tale of vast fantastic ideas, of music and memories and metaphysics, and one inhabited by all-too human characters. I know I have my fingers crossed that Moondog finds a good home, with a loving family and a big back yard where we can all come and visit it.

John Jarrold
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 09:17 am:   

Cheers, Hal!

al duncan
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 10:56 am:   

No problem, John. I think Moondog is a good doggie. Yup, it's a big dog but it's very smart and immensely lovable. Definitely deserves tummy-rubbing and treats.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration