It's all terrorism now... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Irvine, Alex » It's all terrorism now... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alex
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 12:05 pm:   

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1896&u=/nm/20041229/us_nm/security_ter rorist_dc_4&printer=1

JV
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 01:03 pm:   

Absolutely insane. It's all getting eroded bit by bit. Is it going to reach a high water mark and recede, or is it just going to keep on getting worse?

JeffV

Alex
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 01:34 pm:   

I'm figuring I'll jump out from behind a bush and scare some kids on the way home from school, then wait for Homeland Security to show up. Then at least I won't have to worry any more as they fly me off to Uzbekistan.

laird
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 04:39 pm:   

Alex,
If you don't blast one of the kids out of her sneakers you'll probably get off with a warning.

Laird

Alex
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 08:10 am:   

Unless they decide to act pre-emptively in case my previous behavior makes me a threat to blast a kid out of her sneakers at some later date.

Nels
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 08:45 am:   

Obviously the guy in question (Mr Morales -- not the Mexican featherweight, I'm assuming) is a scumbag, but the use to which it appears that that particular law can be put is alarming.

Is this a country wide thing, by the way? Or a local statute (or application of the statute. I'm not very good with legalese)?

Alex
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 10:39 am:   

This one's a state statute, I believe. But there are national versions in the works...

And Morales is a scumbag. But terrorism is organized political violence, emphasis on the political; street crime is just street crime.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register