any update Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fox, Andrew » any update « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

phillip dickson
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 02:50 pm:   

update on jules three?

Andrew Fox
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 08:25 am:   

Dear Philip,

I wish I had something exciting to report on this front. The ball is in Del Rey's court. I've submitted proposals for two additional books in the series to my editor there, and I'll roll on them once I get a green light. However, the mass market reprint of the first book, which had been scheduled for March of 2006, has been delayed indefinitely, and without that additional sales push for the series, I kind of doubt that the Profits and Losses accountants at the publishing house will give their thumbs-up to more Jules Duchon books. But, you never know. I'm marketing two non-series books, and if one of them does especially well, or if Jules ends up in one of them new-fangled movin' pitchers, maybe the powers that be at Del Rey will find themselves hungry for more Fat White Vampire goodness.

phillip dickson
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 09:15 am:   

Have you ever considered the publish per order route or does Jules pretty much belong to del rey? Also remember WHEN Jules becomes a movie I still want to be an extra. Good Luck.
Phillip

Andrew Fox
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 07:13 pm:   

Nope, Jules doesn't belong to Del Rey, but I haven't gotten to the point yet where I'm exploring other options (such as the one you mention). I'm still hoping Del Rey will offer a nice, multi-book contract for more Fat White Vampire books. I'll hold out a while longer. In the meantime, I'm working on other projects, the current one set in New Orleans (a supernatural secret history of all the %&#@!!-ups before, during, and after Katrina, titled THE BAD LUCK SPIRITS' SOCIAL AID AND PLEASURE CLUB).

phillip dickson
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 08:13 pm:   

Excellent. I sure would like to see that parade. Might some local politicians be involved with that club? Keep up the good work.
Phillip

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register