Heading Up North to NYC! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fox, Andrew » Heading Up North to NYC! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
OPERATION: STICK IT OUT IN NEW ORLEANS (Selling Saturn Cars)Andrew Fox07-20-06  09:46 am
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew Fox
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 08:38 am:   

My extremely dear friends Maury and Jackie are getting married in Brooklyn this coming Saturday, so I'll be spending an extended weekend in New York City. I'll be flying into Newark on Thursday night, July 13th, and staying through the following Monday morning. I should have just about all day Friday free, so in case anyone up in Manhattan or Brooklyn would like to get together for a cup of coffee or an hour browsing books at the Strand, drop me an email with your contact info or reply to this thread. I've got lots and lots of terrific friends in the NYC area and I'll be trying to see as many of them as possible (attending a wedding helps, for sure!).

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 05:36 pm:   

See ya Friday morning, Andrew! Very much looking foward to it.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 07:16 am:   

So am I, Ellen. Thanks so much for making time for me!

Andrew Fox
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 09:21 am:   

I enjoyed a wonderful lunch with Ellen at Diner 24 on 8th Avenue and West 15th Street. For those nosy gourmands out there, we both had lox and onion omelettes. Barry Malzberg at the last minute had a house emergency and wasn't able to join us, but he was incredibly kind enough to drive over to Newark Airport Monday morning before I left town to spend an hour with me. Thanks so much, Barry! It's hard to think of someone in the field more enjoyable to spend an hour over coffee with. My friends had a terrific wedding at the Last Exit Bar in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, and I even had time to sneak away and spend a few hours at the Strand (and Forbidden Planet next door, which, not having any A/C, was a sauna). I was a good boy and only bought one book for myself (a collection of essays on the original King Kong written by SF greats), saving my few books bucks for presents for the kids.

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 08:04 pm:   

Andy, it was terrific that you had the time to get together. Good luck with the new job. And dammit! Keep writing fiction.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 07:19 pm:   

Don't worry about that, Ellen. I know what happens to my spirits and overall mood when I go too long without doing any writing. So, in order to stay Mr. Cheerful for my wife and kids, I have to keep working on one writing project or another. To paraphrase David Bruce Banner from The Incredible Hulk TV show, "You wouldn't like me. . . when I haven't been writing."

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 08:10 pm:   

Glad to hear that!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register