Results Not Demonstrated Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fox, Andrew » Results Not Demonstrated « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lori Smith
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 06:56 am:   

I was exploring the site ExpectMore.gov that describes various government programs and lists those that are and aren't "performing." Sadly, it gave the Commodity Supplemental Food Program a rating of "Results Not Demonstrated," and said they were doing these things to improve the program:

*Working with Congress to eliminate the program and enroll participants in the WIC and Food Stamp Programs.
*Developing adequate performance measures and a plan for establishing baseline data and performance targets.
*Developing and implementing a plan for more comprehensive and periodic review of program management.

I think it's interesting that their first goal is to eliminate the program, but if that doesn't work out, then maybe they'll try to see if it's really doing any good. *sigh*

Hang in there, Andy.

Lori
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew Fox
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 09:06 am:   

Thanks for the message, Lori. Of course, I'm familiar with the programmatic review you refer to. I recently spent a week with a pair of researchers from the Urban Institute who have been contracted by USDA to perform a nationwide study of the CSFP's effectiveness. This is the first study which USDA has paid for since the early 1980s. Apart from this study, which should prove to be a help when its results are released in 2007, the other good news is that Congress doesn't appear at all in favor of the Administration's request to abolish the program this coming year, not to judge from various appropriations subcommittees' initial funding requests for CSFP.

Appreciate your support!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register