Coffee and Conversation at Jefferson ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fox, Andrew » Coffee and Conversation at Jefferson Parish Main Library « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew Fox
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 10:12 am:   

Tuesday, August 16, from 7-9 P.M., I'll be the featured attraction at this month's edition of Coffee and Conversation at the Jefferson Parish East Bank Regional Library, located at 4747 West Napoleon Avenue, Metairie, LA 70001 (504-838-1100). I'll be talking about conjuring fantastical worlds, using the examples of Jules Duchon's vampiric, off-kilter New Orleans and the forty-years-ahead future of Dr. Louis Shmalzberg, protagonist of my newest book, Calorie 3501. I'll be doing short readings from both Fat White Vampire Blues and Calorie 3501, answering questions, selling and signing books, and generally schmoozing and drinking coffee with whomever shows up.

Coffee and refreshments will be provided by the Chateau Coffee Cafe, and the event (plus the refreshments, I believe) is FREE!!! So if anyone is in the neighborhood, drop by the Jefferson Parish East Bank Regional Library -- I'd love to see you.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 08:37 am:   

This was a fun event. I mainly talked about where the "crazy ideas" come from and how a writer of fantastical fiction gradually pieces together his/her worlds and characters. About twenty-five people showed up, and they all seemed to have a good time. I answered questions, signed a few books, and drank three cups of free coffee. The woman who served as my moderator is on the board of directors for the Tennessee Williams Literary Festival, so I'm hoping my performance last night will translate into an invitation to their 2006 festival, which will be held March 29-April 2 in the French Quarter (right around the time the mass market paperback edition of Fat White Vampire Blues should be released).

darcy
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 08:21 am:   

Let's hear it for the libraries!
I'm glad you were able to give them a good program.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register