Head's Up Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fox, Andrew » Head's Up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adam-Troy Castro
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 02:26 pm:   

Quick note to the effect that I've scheduled FAT WHITE VAMPIRE BLUES as one of two titles slotted for a bi-monthly specfic book discussion I run in Fort Lauderdale. (January).

Andrew Fox
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 03:47 pm:   

Thanks so much, Adam. Let me know if you'd like me to give your book group a call when you all get together so members can ask me questions. I'm really sorry that my South Florida appearance fell through. I'll see if maybe I can get down there in 2005 at some point.

Kage Baker
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 06:35 pm:   

And, Andy, didja see? A nice review of BRIDE OF THE FAT WHITE VAMPIRE on the SF Revue site for this month.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 08:06 am:   

Dear Kage,

Thanks so much for pointing this out to me. Did a little Googling and found it at:

http://sfrevu.com/ISSUES/2004/Review.php?asin=0345464087

It's a really positive review and highlights what I think Bride's biggest strengths are. Thanks again. By the way, how is the new home working out?

Kage Baker
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 07:06 pm:   

New home working out very well, and I think I can actually make a sort of miniature formal garden in the space between the walkway and the fence.

Still moving box after box after box after box from the old place, though, and increasingly thinking: how in the world did I ever live in this?? And how in the world did I ever accumulate so much STUFF?

One almost envies Jules, getting the problem solved by four guys with gas cans and a match.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 07:27 am:   

Yeah, but Jules had a really big garage to stash his stuff in, not to mention an attic. And he'll probably never find those original Louis Armstrong Hot Five 78's again. . . at least not on a cab driver's salary.

Glad to hear the new place has been working out for you (and even has proven to have some advantages). Any chance that Dara, Levi and I will see you at World Fantasy in Tempe later this week?

Kage Baker
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 07:19 pm:   

Alas, that old first-and-last-month-plus-cleaning-deposit thing has depleted my finances for travel and pretty much anything else until the next story sale. But my very best to the three of you (and shouldn't it be four soon?) and I certainly wish Levi a loud and hearty TRICK OR TREAT!

I'll bet he gets the idea fairly quickly, if you're going to take him door to door. Both my nephews (who were about Levi's age when they were first taken Trick or Treating) figured out the drill after exactly two houses (Free candy? Halleluia!), and started bellowing "Eeeet Eeeet!" as soon as they were carried up on strangers' porches.

Anyone who comes to my door this year is likely to get a potted rosebush and some plant food.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 01:56 pm:   

Kage, sorry we won't be seeing you in Tempe. Levi will have a gorilla costume to wear in Arizona for Halloween. Maybe I'll take him trick or treating in the dealers' room. Might end up with some stuff that I, at least, would enjoy more than candy. Although Levi's primary use for books, nowadays, is chewing on them.

Adam-Troy
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 07:53 am:   

The book discussion isn't until February -- holidays and other events intervening until then -- but if we can get a speakerphone set up, great.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register