Some Shameless Self-Promotion Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fox, Andrew » Some Shameless Self-Promotion « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew Fox
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 07:42 am:   

Just wanted to let those of you who are interested in my Jules Duchon books know that Bride of the Fat White Vampire got a brace of terrific reviews in the August issues of Locus, Science Fiction Chronicle, and Vampirella Magazine, plus the September Fangoria. Also, interviews with yours truly will appear in issue 7 of Vampirella Magazine, which should show up on the newsstands the last week of September or thereabouts, and in the October issue of New Orleans Magazine.

Shameless self-promotion over; we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Kage Baker
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 06:43 pm:   

There's a VAMPIRELLA magazine?

Bride OTFWV kicked very large butt, by the way. I don't suppose you'd consider doing a period piece detailing the wartime adventures of the Hooded Terror and his young sidekick?

Andrew Fox
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 12:32 pm:   

Dear Kage,

Yes, Virginia, there is a Vampirella Magazine, a spinoff from the Vampirella comic and a resurrection of the Warren publication of the 1960s-70s. It features a couple of Vampirella comics stories each month, plus book and movie reviews, articles on the horror industry, and interviews with horror creators in and out of the comics field.

I do have plans to do a book revealing the wartime careers of the Hooded Terror and Doodlebug, and how those careers have their repurcussions in the present. . . if and when Ballantine lets me know they're interested in more Jules Duchon books. Otherwise, I'll probably have to wait until rights to the first two "Fat White Vampire" books revert to me, and then I'll attempt to resell them to another publisher, along with fresh material. Alternatively, I might consider doing a series of short pieces, if the novel series dies off for the time being. Thanks for the interest and support!

montmorency
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 06:21 am:   

Hi Andrew,

I didn't know that your Fat White Vampire Blues was available in Japanese!

http://www.andrews-press.co.jp/detail/vampire.html

Well, I already have both of your books in English and will get to them soonest.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 02:26 pm:   

Yep, Andrews Press in Japan has come out with a nifty Japanese language version of Fat White Vampire Blues. My translator sent me a copy. I'm really, really impressed by the packaging -- if this book is any indication, Japanese paperbacks are much sturdier and more handsomely constructed than American-style trade paperbacks (sort of like Honda Civics versus Chevy Cavaliers). If you live in Japan, please encourage your friends to go out and buy copies of the Andrews Press edition. If it's a sell-out or close to it, they'll also want to acquire the rights to Bride of the Fat White Vampire, which, of course, would make me very happy.

Hope you enjoy the books in English!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register