HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Signings and Appearances to Support T...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fox, Andrew » Signings and Appearances to Support THE GOOD HUMOR MAN « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew_fox
Username: Andrew_fox

Post Number: 158
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 03:49 pm:   

My new novel, The Good Humor Man, or, Calorie 3501, is almost in the stores. Its official publication date is April 15, 2009, but it'll actually reach the distributors and some stores by the end of March. I've set up a preliminary schedule of readings, signings, and appearances to support the book (unfortunately for my friends in other parts of the country, all of the following are either in Louisiana or Mississippi; but if my travel plans change, I'll update the list with anything new I'm able to set up). Here goes. . .

Friday, March 20 through Sunday, March 22
Reading, signing, and discussion panel appearances at MidSouthCon
Olive Branch, MS

Wednesday, April 15, times and locations to be determined
Signing (and possibly a reading, too) at Loyola University Bookstore
6363 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA
504-865-2011

Thursday, April 16, 6-7 P.M.
Reading and signing at Octavia Books
513 Octavia St.
New Orleans, LA
504-899-7323

Saturday, April 18, 4-5 P.M.
Reading and signing at McKeown's Books
4737 Tchoupitoulas
New Orleans, LA
504-895-1954

Saturday, April 25, 2-4 P.M.
Signing at Barnes and Noble Booksellers
Premier Center II, 3414 Highway 190, Suite 10
Mandeville, LA
985-626-8884

Sunday, April 26, noon-1 P.M.
Signing at the Jazz Fest Books Tent, sponsored by the New Orleans and Gulf Coast Booksellers Association
Louisiana Jazz and Heritage Festival
New Orleans Fairgrounds
New Orleans, LA

Saturday, May 2, 204 P.M.
Gulfport Shopping Center, 15246 Crossroads Parkway
Gulfport, MS
228-832-8906

Wednesday, May 6, 7-9 P.M.
3721 Veterans Boulevard
Metairie, LA
504-455-4929

Saturday, May 16, 2-4 P.M.
Westbank Centre, 1601B West Bank Expressway
Harvey, LA
504-263-1146

Saturday, May 23, 2-4 P.M.
CitiPlace, 2590 CitiPlace Court
Baton Rouge, LA
225-926-2600

Dara, my three boys, and I are loading up the minivan and heading off for Olive Branch, Mississippi tomorrow morning, with MidSouthCon as our destination. Oddly enough, Olive Branch was also our hurricane evacuation destination in 2004 and in 2008, so we know the little town pretty darn well. It's about twenty minutes south of Memphis.

Here are a couple of Good Humor Man links, the first from Tachyon Publications, and the second from Independent Publishers Group, the book's distributor:

www.tachyonpublications.com

http://www.ipgbook.com/showbook.cfm?bookid=1892391856&userid=F1706328-803F-2B7A- 707A0D1014CC4E0E

Lori
Username: Lori

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 08:43 am:   

Yayyy!!!! :-)

This is wonderful news. I will definitely try to work one of those book-signings into my schedule.

Travel safely.

Lori
Username: Lori

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 06:16 am:   

Even while you're promoting your new book, here's some proof that your old books still have legs:

http://bookgroupbuzz.booklistonline.com/2009/03/20/this-months-book-sucked-blood /

I'm sure reviewers will also be recommending the new book to folks for years to come.

Andrew_fox
Username: Andrew_fox

Post Number: 161
Posted on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 08:50 am:   

Here's an update to my unofficial book tour in support of The Good Humor Man. On Saturday, May 30, 2009, I'll be signing at Lemuria Books in Jackson, Mississippi from 2-4 P.M. Lemuria is a gorgeous independent bookstore, highly supportive of Southern regional writers, located at 202 Banner Hall, 4465 I-55 North, right off the interstate in Jackson (800-366-7619). They also have signed copies of my first two books in stock, and they take orders through their website:

http://lemuriabooks.com/index.php

So, if somebody in Minnesota or Alaska just has to have a signed copy of The Good Humor Man or one of the Jules books, this is the place! If they're out of stock, I believe Octavia Books in New Orleans also fulfills orders online:

http://www.octaviabooks.com/index.php

Tom and Judith at Octavia Books always keep a stash of my books on hand, and I visit their store regularly to sign stock, so they are a good source, too.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |