HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Andrew

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fox, Andrew » Andrew « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Philwauke
Username: Philwauke

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 08:06 am:   

I haven't posted on here in more then a year. I thought the board was no longer active. Just wondering if your working on anything new? " Preferrably Jules" I thought about your books the other night when I was at the trolley stop. I look forward to hearing from you. My email is philwauke@yahoo.com
Phillip

Andrew_fox
Username: Andrew_fox

Post Number: 156
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 10:40 am:   

Dear Philip,

I never stopped writing. . . it was just the publishing that went on longterm hiatus. However, the book I wrote after Bride of the Fat White Vampire, Calorie 3501, will finally see the light of day in April, 2009, thanks to Tachyon Publishing. [Note: The title is back to its original, since The Good Humor Man didn't fit with the cover concept the publisher decided to go with.]

Also, last Friday I completed, after nearly three years' of work, a complete draft of the biggest project I've ever worked on, The Bad Luck Spirits' Social Aid and Pleasure Club. It is set in the same universe/same New Orleans as the Jules Duchon books and provides a secret history of the city's long, up-and-down-and-further-down evolution, culminating in the Katrina disaster and its aftermath. I'll be spending the next three months doing a major edit on the ms, and then I'll go full court press on finding a home for it.

Future Jules books have been planned and outlined but are currently on ice; Ballantine/Del Rey controls the series' future for now, and until they give some indication that they're interested in future installments, there likely won't be any more. Sorry about that.

By the way, I haven't eaten at the Trolley Stop since Katrina. Has their menu changed at all? Is the food still good?

Philwauke
Username: Philwauke

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 09:34 pm:   

The food is still good but the hours are greatly reduced. Thursday thru sat 10pm to 10am and sunday till 2pm. I'm looking forward to more from jules and I talked to a lady in the french quarter that had many of your books for sale "It was a litle vampire shop, I forget the name". Will you be posting updates on this site? Looking forward to more.
Phillip

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |