HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

carniss keep/above the snowline

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Swainston, Steph » carniss keep/above the snowline « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jessewade
Username: Jessewade

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:19 pm:   

so first off, was it a name change from carniss keep to above the snowline, or are those two seperate books?

second question i have is, amazon.ca is listing the book as coming out in april 16th, both the hardcover and paperback versions on the same day. any clarifying info, steph?

Jessewade

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:41 pm:   

i should add that Chapters has no listing for either name, and some sites list above the snowline as coming in december.

Steph_swainston
Username: Steph_swainston

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 04:21 am:   

Hi, Jessewade

Yes, it was a name change. It's one book called 'Above the Snowline'. The publisher releases work in progress way too fast -- when I'm still choosing the best title.

At the moment the release date is December 2009. I've submitted the manuscript OK, but they shifted the date forward from April to December. However, it may even change again, and if it does I'll post the revised date here and on my website.

Chapters doesn't list it yet, but no worries -- there's time in hand and it will soon filter through to Chapters as all these sellers rely on the same database. (Whitakers, I think).

When it says hardback and paperback on the same day, they mean 'trade paperback': a large format paperback the same size as the hardback. The regular small paperback is released later. I'll post here the moment the hardback/trade paperback is available.

Yes, it's a long wait, but in the meantime I'll try to put out more Castle on my website and in short format...

Jessewade

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 09:17 am:   

thanks for the reply, i thought it a bit strange that amazon had it listed over half a year earlier than any other sites. with the last book, it wasn't available in canada for i believe close to a year after the uk release, so i had to order it off amazon.co.uk. good times.

well, with that cleared up, i have another question for you. it might be too early for you to talk about, but is the second of the upcoming books going to be set after modern world?

Steph_swainston

Post Number: 60
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 11:46 am:   

No, it's not too early. I'm happy to talk about anything, any time, I don't make rules. But I'm not sure which book you mean... 'Above the Snowline' is set before the books already published -- to be precise 125 years before 'The Year of Our War'. Immortal characters give me a lot of time to play with and enough elbow room to roll out the stories.

Then, book 5, the one I'm working on now may well be set after 'The Modern World'. Many, many years after it. I'm not announcing a title yet, because it might change and then we'd have the confusion that happened before.

I'm trying to sort out a few things so I can't 100% promise a fifth Castle book -- it might turn into a mainstream book. But I'm not stopping writing Castle, it might just appear in a different form.

It's not good that you had to order from amazon UK. My publisher is supposed to supply to Canada. But I'm glad you pursued it to amazon UK - thanks. The small bookshops listed on my website are another option for hardbacks. Or you can post here if you have any problems.

Jessewade

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:29 pm:   

oh, it was no problem, canada frequently gets screwed over for release dates. most of the time, we get cds and books later, and sometimes videogames too. usually it's not more than a couple week's difference, but in the case of some books, it's many months.

with the modern world, snagging it on amazon's uk site worked well. they shipped it rather quickly, and i was pretty ok with the process. it came out here eventually, but there was no way i was going to wait, you write wonderful stories, lady =)

in regards to what i asked about 'the second of the upcoming books', i was referring to a post on your site a while back about a two book deal, since i'd heard the carniss keep/above the snowline name, i automatically assumed that the second of the announced two would be a follow-up to modern world. but whatever, i'm sure anything you write will be worth picking up.

Steph_swainston

Post Number: 62
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 03:30 am:   

OK - I've started on the fifth book now, the characters are 'talking' again and I'm sure that it will be a Castle novel.

Meanwhile the mainstream ideas are waiting in their notebook...

Jessewade

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 03:32 am:   

=) excellent to hear it.

when you say 'mainstream' ideas, what kind of genre would the ideas fit into?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |