Walking the Plank Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Williams, Conrad » Walking the Plank « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JKS
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 07:22 am:   

Conrad,

That was absolutely the funniest of JeffV's 'Walking The Plank' I've ever read (http://vanderworld.blogspot.com/). Especially the first answer!

Fair enough, I'll pick up both Night Shade books in my next quarterly order from Clarkesworld.

And don't worry, reading Harry Potter to the kids will not cause any lasting damage (*twitch*). The doctors say I'm fine (*spasm*).

best,

Jonathan

Conrad
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 07:37 am:   

Thanks Jonathan. It was fun to do. I'm grateful to Jeff for inviting me. Have you read any of David Almond's novels?

Conrad

JKS
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 08:43 am:   

Whoops, sorry; a week seems to have slipped by me there.

David Almond? Nope, but flipping quickly over to Amazon, its seems to me that I had heard of 'Skellig'.

Probably when looking around for new material to read to my eldest - post: 'Narnia', 'Weirdstone of Brisingamen', 'Toad Hall' and all, but pre: the Harry Potter glamour that still enchants her life.

best,

Jonathan

JKS
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 07:35 am:   

Hi Conrad,

My latest NS book order arrived yesterday containing 'Use Once' and 'London' and I dived right in.

Question for you: I loved the general ambience generated by "The Machine". That story reminded me a lot of Ian MacLeod's work. Have you read anything by him?

And I just laughed out loud at the description of the party in "The Light that Passes Through You". I think I was there that night: drinking! Had to read that a couple of times, snickering throughout.

best,

Jonathan

Conrad
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 09:33 am:   

Jonathan - Apologies for not replying sooner. I've just moved house so I'm only beginning to get back to normal. I'm glad you bought the books! I'm glad too that you liked the atmpsphere of The Machine. I'm very happy with that story. But I've never read any Ian MacLeod's work. I will now, on your recommendation. And yes, the party... I think we've all been to parties like that. Minus the death, obviously! Best wishes.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration