What's the hold-up with the two new b... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Hand, Elizabeth » What's the hold-up with the two new books????? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Chip Crockett’s Christmas Carol Sara George11-27-06  10:51 am
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Amore
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 07:08 pm:   

Hi Liz!
Hope you're well! And Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I was just curious about the hold up with Frankensteins Bride and Saffron & Brimstone.
I've had them ordered on Amazon for quite a while and haven't received either. The release date just seems to be forever pushed back, Any word on when they will be available?
Thanks!

Elizabeth Hand
Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 04:54 am:   

Hi Mark,

S&B should be out Dec. 4 (I think). Not sure what the holdp was with it, I guess it was somewhere in the printing process. It may even be out this week. I HOPE it's not out any later than that.

PADNORA'S BRIDE is held up because I haven't finished writing it yet. Sorry sorry sorry! I had too many deadlines backed up at the same time, kind of like an overloaded airport and me a very hapless air traffic controller.

Vicisssitudes of the writing life.

On the upside, a short novel called ILLYRIA will be out any day now from PS Publishing. This is a book that I wrote at white heat over 20 days while sick in October. It's the culmination, in a weird way, of so many things I've been striving to write since 1974. I had not intended to write it, but when the muse calls -- actually, more like when the muse demands -- one answers.

Again my sincere apologies for the holdup. My New Year's Resolution will be not to be late!

Liz

Iceblink
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 05:59 am:   

I finally got a shipping notice for Saffron & Brimstone yesterday so it is indeed out! Happy Solstice to me!

Elizabeth Hand
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 09:09 am:   

Hooray!

Thinking of Solstice -- there was a great article yesterday in the UK Guardian about Renaissance paintings of snow and the so-called Little Ice Age.

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/features/story/

Interesting to think that we now live in a world where winter will be an anomaly. It certainly is here in Maine, sad to say.

Iceblink
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 09:35 am:   

That's a great article; I just watched Solaris again a few days ago so it's interesting to know the background of the painting that gets all those long, lingering closeups!

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 02:47 pm:   

I heard from M Press's publicist and she says she's sending me the book (and Paul's) this week! Hooray!

Kelly Christopher Shaw
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 05:01 pm:   

Ellen, you can't get anything past us message-board eavesdroppers. What book is Paul's? Could it be a new book by Paul Witcover?

By the way, Elizabeth, can't wait to finally read your new collection!

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 05:07 pm:   

Kelly <g> Yup. It's Paul's Dracula novel. I hear it's terrific.

Kelly Christopher Shaw
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 05:55 pm:   

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. I read his Dracula novel and, while I didn't find it terrific, really dug the scenes of WWI trench warfare.

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 07:39 pm:   

I heard that those scenes are much more horrifying than the scenes with Dracula in them.

Sara George
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 02:05 am:   

I so much look forward too reading The Saffron Gatherers!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register