Anima Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Hand, Elizabeth » Anima « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mastadge
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 01:39 pm:   

Liz,

I'm soon going to be giving some of your books a try. I'm a big fan of Paul Witcover. It has come to my attention that the two of you collaborated on these comics. What are they about? Would you say that they're worth tracking down now?

liz hand
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 03:06 pm:   

Paul is an awesome writer. One of the greatest thrills of my writing life was working with him on ANIMA -- and yes, I really do think they're worth tracking down. I can say that in good conscience because Paul was -- is -- a better comics writer than me, and I think a lot of the series' success was due to his work. We also had a fantastic artist in Steve Crespo, whom we'd love to work with again. Paul and I have tossed around the idea of doing something new ... Paul? Any comments?

paul witcover
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 02:55 am:   

Liz is being generous as usual. She deserves equal billing all the way when it comes to the success (such as it was) of Anima. But you should definitely track the series down if you can, Mastadge! Liz and I will be collaborating again in the future, I have no doubt.

iotar
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 06:32 am:   

Paul: I'd be quite into adding an Anima annex to Liz's site at some point - so if you have any ideas for material we could/should include I'd be interested in hearing them.

That is, assuming Liz doesn't think this is a dreadful idea.

liz hand
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 08:53 am:   

No, no! Liz thinks this is a GREAT idea! We should probably just make sure that Steve Crespo and DC's attorneys agree with us.

iotar
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 11:34 am:   

Well if we're not reproducing huge amounts of material it would probably count as quotation - but yes, we shd probably ask Steve Crespo if we use anything just on the basis of politeness.

One of the shops around here sells Crespo Olives. Nah, can't be! More spurious free association going on.

Move along: nothing to see here!

paul
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 01:07 pm:   

I think we can post some stuff without anybody's permission as long as we don't go nuts about it. I've got a few pages and covers up on my website . . .

www.sff.net/people/stilskin

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register