HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

US Rights for GENERATION LOSS

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Hand, Elizabeth » US Rights for GENERATION LOSS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

liz
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 01:12 pm:   

HARCOURT TRADE ACQUIRES ELIZABETH HANDíS GENERATION LOSS IN A HARD-SOFT DEAL WITH SMALL BEER PRESS.

NEW YORK, March 31, 2006 Ė Harcourt Trade Publishers announces the acquisition of paperback reprint rights to GENERATION LOSS by New York Times notable and multiple award-winning author, Elizabeth Hand. Like Harcourtís partnership with MacAdam/Cage in the acquisition of THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE, GENERATION LOSS was acquired in a hard-soft deal with Small Beer Press by Harvest Editorial Director Tina Pohlman and Small Beer Press co-publishers Kelly Link and Gavin Grant, from agent Martha Millard of Martha Millard Literary Agency. The Small Beer hardcover is tentatively scheduled for Spring 2007, to be followed by the Harvest paperback in Spring 2008.

GENERATION LOSS tells the story of a notorious photographer from the post-Factory/Andy Warhol days who runs into some very scary business when she attempts to revitalize her career by interviewing another well-known artist on an island off the coast of Maine. Both Pohlman and Link, whose MAGIC FOR BEGINNERS will be published by Harvest in September í06, found the reckless and damaged main character impossible to turn away from.

"It just seemed like the perfect co-publishing deal because Kelly Link and I both love the book, because Small Beer Press has the perfect kind of list and reputation to position this book in hardcover, and because Harvest has the rich backlist context and reprint know-how to make the most of the paperback publication," said Pohlman.

Elizabeth Hand, A New York Times notable and multiple award-winning author, has written eight novels, including the cult classic Waking the Moon, and short-story collections. She is a longtime contributor to numerous publications, including the Washington Post Book World and the Village Voice Literary Supplement. She and her two children divide their time between the coast of Maine and North London. -

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 08:36 pm:   

Super!! This is great news.

paulw
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 04:48 am:   

Yay! And a real press release and everything!!

liz
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 05:18 am:   

Yeah, I'm totally psyched. Especially about the press release!

MarkinCT
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 08:56 pm:   

YAY!!!! I hope it's EARLY SPRING!!! Can't wait!

kellys
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 05:37 pm:   

Great news! Can't wait to see how Small Beer packages the hardcover, too. They've done nothing but classy work on their hardbacks thus far.

liz
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 05:35 am:   

Yeah, I love their cover art. The photo for Maureen McHugh's collection was one of my favorites from last year. Ditto Kelly's artwork.

They're a genuine class act. And Harcourt will be bringing out the trade edition of Kelly's book. I really can't wait to work with everyone on this.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |