Bride of Frankenstein listed on Amazo... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Hand, Elizabeth » Bride of Frankenstein listed on Amazon.com « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

MarkinCT
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 11:15 am:   

Hi Liz!
I just saw a listing on amazon.com for Bride of Frankenstein. Coming out as a mass market paperback in Sept. 06.

First off, VERY EXCITED!!!! And is this the book you had mentioned previously that was set in Berlin? Or am I confusing this with something else?

Also, just finished re-reading Mortal Love. Got a lot more out of it the 2nd time around. Really a fabulous novel.

Hope you're well and happy,
Mark in CT

liz
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 04:48 am:   

Hi Mark -- thanks for such an enthusiastic reponse! Yes, this is the book set in Weimar Berlin, a sort of confabulation of the Bride with various figures from classic German cinema -- Lulu, Fritz Lang's Fembot and Rotwang, Dr. Caligari, et al. It should be a lot of fun.

I'm glad too that you enjoyed rereading ML. I wanted it to be a book that rewarded more than one reading -- it kind of demands it, really -- so I'm happy it worked that way for at least one person!

MarkinCT
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 04:46 pm:   

Ooooh!
They added the cover artwork!!!

GORGEOUS!!!

Captures the German cinema aesthetic. Very GLAM!

Liz, all your cover art has always been a step above the usual, I'm curious if you have final cover approval?

liz
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 04:10 am:   

The artist is Stephen Youll, and he really did do a great job. I've been pretty lucky with cover art, and yes, in a few cases I've had some input into what was done, though never actual approval. More like making suggestions and then steering folks towards particular artists or designers or painters. In the case of BILBIOMANCY, there was a particular 19th century painting I wanted to use, and I was very fortunate in that Pete Crowther, editor and publisher of PS Publishing, tracked down the painting and acquired the rights to reproduce it.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register