Star Wars Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Hand, Elizabeth » Star Wars « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mastadge
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 07:14 am:   

Liz,

I can't help but wonder: are you the same Elizabeth Hand writing the Boba Fett books for Scholastic?

Nathan

liz hand
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2003 - 04:40 am:   

Hi Nathan. I am indeed. Even as we speak (well, almost) I'm proofing my second one, BF: HUNTED (the fourth in the series).

HUNTED was fun: I wrote it as a sort of Jack Vance juvenile, in about ten days. A break from my serious stuff. I have an 11-year-old son and an 18-year-old stepson, both of whom were/are into Boba Fett, and I thought it would be a kick to write something the younger one could read. I haven't read any other SW franchise fiction, but I've always loved the movies. As work-for-hire goes it was very enjoyable.

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:20 pm:   

Great!

If you'd be interested in stopping in and saying hi at your board on TheForce.net message boards, here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11602138, it'd be appreciated by a whole lot of fanboys (and girls). If not, no problem. Either way, I look forward to picking up Boba Fett #3 & 4 this summer - me and myself being two of those fanboys I mentioned.

Thanks!
Nathan

liz hand
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 05:24 am:   

Nathan -- Thanks for the heads'-up on The Force BB! I just posted a brief message. It'll be nice if there's any feedback/suggestions on the BF books. I especially enjoyed writing the second one, and after proofing it I think it holds up well as a good read. Hope so, anyway!

Michael Kent
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 11:42 am:   

Hello Ms Hand

Your Boba fett books are great!

I have a question about "A New Threat" - how much background info did you know about Grievous to write it? Can't wait for it :-)

By the way, could you please just visit my humble web page at

http://www.freewebs.com/yodascave/clone.htm

Theres a very short paragraph summary of a story Jango Fett : RESURRECTION

One of the very young clones in the Kamino cloning facility has a strange problem! - memories of a past life as a bounty hunter-of being killed by a Jedi!

Please do tell me your valuable opinion. It will mean so much to me.

You can email me at Kentmail@lycos.com

Thanks & best regards

Michael Kent

Liz
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 01:55 pm:   

Hi Michael,

I'll check out your site his week, thanks! Thanks too for the nice words about the Boba books -- I'm working on my fourth one now.

As for Grievous, I had the usual all-important,can't live-without-it input and encouragement from the folks at LucasFilm and Schoalstic. Not a huge amount of backgraund info, but everything I needed. He's certainly one guy I would NOT want to mee on a dark & stormy night. I hope you like the books when it comes out!

Michael Kent
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:27 pm:   

Ms. Hand,

Thanks so much for replying. Grievous certainly does seem a major new threat! Looking forward to that book.

Doesn't Grievous vaguely remind you of the "Headless Horseman"?

Please do just check my very humble web page at

and tell me your views on it. Just a few words of advice would do.

Thanks so much

P.S. Any plans on writing a film script in the near future?

Best regards,

Michael

Sharga
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 06:11 am:   

Ms. Hand,

word reaches me that Boba is a lineal descendant of the Crawford, Texas Fetts, whose patriarch, Ihadda, was the outside child of that town's most famous citizen. Will there, pray tell, be a book (whether from your hand or another's) in which Boba returns via wormhole to the contemporary era in Texas and deals with the hombre who made his daddy a bastid? We live in hope,

Yrs.

Sharga the Malefic

liz
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 03:49 am:   

Sharga,

My sources tell me that Boba is in fact descended from the Fetts of Dimebox, Texas, though there are rumors that Grandaddy Fargo worked for some years at Black's BBQ in Lockhart, perfecting the art of slow-cooking brisket over mesquite before myseriously departing one morning before the lunchtime rush. And there have been sightings of a young man who resembles Fargo, working as a docent at the Koliha Pencil Museum. Just a rumor, of course.

Michael -- nice website! All those clones, waiting to be colonized (or is that clone-ised?) by stories!

No, I don't imagine I'll ever write a screenplay. Not my forte, I'm afraid. But you never know ...

Mastadge
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 07:34 am:   

Liz,

It's not Star Wars, but -- is Catwoman as terrible as it looks?

Michael Kent
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:45 pm:   

Ms Hand,
Thanks so much for replying. A few questions -

1. You must have seen the film "Willow" by George Lucas. "General Kael" is the bad guy from George Lucas'"Willow" if you remember. He's the right hand man to evil Queen Bavmorda.

Isn't he very similar to Grievous in form.?

Here's his picture & info on the character-

http://www.lepconnie.com/willow/archives/magroach.html

Picture of Grievous-

http://paizo.com/image/product/magazine_issue/swinsider/75/cover_500.jpg

Apart from military rank of a "General" both villians have a skull like face, and extensions on the side of the face plate. What do you think?

2. I wanted to ask you, if any of your books, Star Wars or others, featured a character who was based on a real life person you knew?

3. About my story Jango Fett : Resurrection
at

(the one about Jango reincarnated in one of the clones, and escaping to Coruscant to take confront Mace Windu for revenge)

would any Star Wars writer be interested in turning it into a novel? I don't expect any kind of monetary compensation for it, just a "thanks to " or "based on an idea by" would be more than enough. I was just wondering if you could ask Lucas books if any author would like to write it into a novel?

Thanks so much !

Michael

liz
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 05:09 am:   

Hi Michael,

As far as I know, LucasFilms pretty much develops all its own material for SW books and doesn't look outside for new storylines or characters. Your best bet, if you haven't done so already, would probably be to check out StarWars Insider Magazine.

As for CATWOMAN I haven't seen any of the film yet, dailies or trailer or anything like that, so I don't really have any suss on it beyond the screenplay and the cast and a few B&W production stills (xeroxed). The cast, if they have any chemistry, could do a nice job with the material.

But hey, that Halle Berry sure can fill out a leather catsuit, huh?

Michael Kent
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 05:55 pm:   

Thanks for your reply Ms Hand!

Just wondering- have you ever met any of the cast especially Boba Fett actors Daniel Logan and Jeremy Bulloch?

Mastadge
Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 04:25 am:   

Liz,

I seem to recall that you're writing another Star Wars novel -- one published by Del Rey rather than Scholastic. Can you tell us anything about it? Does it tie in in any way with Drew Karpyshyn's book? Or am I misremembering and you're not writing more Star Wars at all?

TraeTolleson
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 05:15 pm:   

Ms. Hand,

I am 10 years old and really enjoy reading your Star Wars books. Are you currently writing more?

Liz Hand
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 04:02 am:   

Hi Trae --

Thanks! I'm so glad you like the books. And I apologize for not responding to this thread earlier -- for some reason, I never saw the earlier message.

No, unfortunately I won't be doing any more Star Wars book; not at this time, anyway. I was contracted to do a New Republic novel, but because of various family and career obligations I had to bow out. But I loved writing the Boba Fett books. My son (now 13) was a big Boba Fett fan, as was my stepson (now 20!), and they got me into Boba years and years ago -- I was and still am a huge SW fan myself. It was a lot of fun doing those books and working with the Lucas people, who are a great team and very supportive of their writers.

Thanks again for writing -- I don't know if anyone else is doing more Boba Fett books, but someone should!

jens freikowski
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 04:42 am:   

Hi Ms. Hand,

Im a 34-year-old-german who really likes your work.

Is there an address where I can send you some books to get your signature in it?

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register