Hi Liz! Some questions for you. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Hand, Elizabeth » Hi Liz! Some questions for you. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sara
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 01:02 am:   

Hi Liz!

My name is Sara and Iīm a university student livinig in Sweden. I just LOVE your books. Reading Mortal Love was one of the greatest experiences Iīve ever had. And Last Summer at Mars Hill and Cleopatra Brimstone are my favourite short stories of all time.
There is a book store here in the town where I live (Uppsala) that really promote your books so it was through them I got to know about you.

I have two questions:

Are you coming to Europe next year to do any kind of appearance (a reading, book-signing or something like that)? If thatīs the case it would be great if you could tell us that in advance, either here at the forum or at your web page, so that it will be possible to plan a trip. Because I really would like to meet you!

As for your short stories:
If I own Bibliomancy, Last Summer at Mars Hill, Conjunctions 44, Flight and the other short stories you recently mentioned in another thread, do I then have all your short stories? Or am I missing out on something?

Sara

liz
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 04:05 am:   

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your very kind note. I'm amazed and delighted that you can find my books in Uppsala! And I'm especially pleased that you liked MORTAL LOVE. I'm glad it found its way to you.

I think I may be at Finncon, not in 2006 but 2007. I'm not certain as I haven't heard back from anyone, but I've been in touch (in person) with one of the con organizers who asked me at attend, and of course I said yes. I've always wanted to visit Scandinavia, so this would be a great opportunity if it comes off. My webmaster will be revamping my website this fall, and once that's done I'll be able to be more diligent about posting information about appearances etc. I don't think the present site has been updated in many many moons.

I think that if you have all those stories, you probably do have everything I've written to date. There's a story titled "Echo" in the October 2005 issue of Fantasy & Science Fiction, and another called "The Saffron Gatherers" which is presently on an editor's desk in NYC. I think that's it. "The Saffron Gatherers" has some creepy resonance with the recent events in New Orleans, which is kind of weird as I (obviously) wrote it several months ago. I'm waiting to hear from an editor who's interested in publishing a new story collection which would incorporate the stories from BIBLIOMANCY (minus "Chip Crockett's Christmas Carol," which will be published in an inexpensive, limited, illustrated edition next year by Beccon Press) and the more recent pieces, along with one or two stories that will be original to the collection. The working title is SAFFRON AND BRIMSTONE.

Sara
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 09:06 am:   

Hi Liz!

Thanks for your answer. I will surely be at finncon if you are there! It doesnīt matter in what country you will make your next European appearance- I will be there!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register