NECON Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Hand, Elizabeth » NECON « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jack Haringa
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 04:50 pm:   

Ms Hand--

I just received my flyer for this year's NECON and was very happy to see that you will be one of the guests of honor. Have you been to this particular con before? I know that you have attended Readercon, which sometimes conflicts with NECON, but is a very different experience. In any event, good to see that you will be a fellow camper this July.

~Jack~

Ellen
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 05:19 pm:   

Hey Liz,
You're going to both? You ARE coming to Readercon,I hope.

liz hand
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 04:28 am:   

Hi Jack (and Ellen!) -- Yes, I will be at NECON. And at Readercon the weekend before, and also teaching at Clarion West the week before *that*. So as long as I don't have a nervous breakdown, I'll be there.

I'm looking forward to it -- I've never really been, though I did pick up Ellen there one year, then got lost in Providence after giving Takayuki Tatsumi and Mari Kotani a ride back to Paul DiFi & Deb Newton's house. So spent the night there -- but without Paul and Deb, who were out of town! One of my better efforts at getting lost. This time I promise not to leave the Con.

Ellen
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 07:29 am:   

Liz,
I remember that <g>

jeremy lassen
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 08:37 pm:   

Does anybody have dates/prices/contact info for this year's Necon? I was planning on trying to attend, but there is no info up on the web site.

Any help appreciated.

Jack Haringa
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 06:39 pm:   

Jeremy, here's what's on the flyer, unchanged from last year in terms of prices and contact info.

Necon 23: July 17-20, 2003

Writer GoHs: Richard Christian Matheson and Elizabeth Hand
Editor GoH: Richard Chizmar
Artist GoH: Omar Rayyan
Toastmaster: James Moore
Legend: Gahan Wilson

Prices: Single--$260, Double--$250 per person (single is the better deal, since a double means you and a friend share a room, but that room is in a suite shared with a potential stranger)

Registration and Info:
Necon 23
67 Birchland Ave.
Pawtucket, RI 02860
booth@etal.uri.edu

Dealers' Room Info:
John McIlveen
37 A St.
Hudson,NH 03051
mcilveen@attbi.com

I'm assuming you won't be exhibiting in the art show, so I'll leave that bit out. Hope you can make it, Jeremy; this will be my sixth, and it's the event I look forward to most each year.

~Jack~

Stepan Chapman
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 - 07:28 pm:   

Hello, Elizabeth. Glad to hear that you'll be at ReaderCon again this year.

Soon the programming committee will be send out questionnaires, and I'd like to suggest a reading hung on Album Zutique One. Myself and Michael Cisco are willing, and I'm hoping to involve yourself and Ursula Pflug as well-- (if I can track down a contact address for the elusive Pflug.)

Would you have any interest in participating in such a group reading?

liz hand
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 03:58 am:   

Hi Stepan. I might be interested -- my only caveat is that I won't be arriving at Readercon till midday Saturday, and given the choice, I'd rather do a longer solo reading. But that may not be possible; or it may be possible for me to do both. So let me get in touch with Eric or whoever is doing the scheduling and see what s/he says.

Glad you'll be there -- I can't wait!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register