HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Prometheus Books / Pyre

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Argosy » Prometheus Books / Pyre « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 11:06 pm:   

Lou,
Congrats on the new position at Prometheus. I can't wait to see what titles you come up with... no "elves and dragons..." HAH!
http://www.publishersweekly.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA412616&disp lay=breaking

Lou Anders
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 07:45 am:   

Yes, of all the things I said in that interview to be quoted on....! But thank you very much for the congratulations, as well as passing along the link. I'd seen the PW Newswire version of this article, but not this one, which organizes the info a little differently. Meanwhile, I expect we'll announce our first few titles before too much longer.
Best.

Laura Anne
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 08:21 am:   

Lou,

Yeah, many congrats. I know Prometheus of old (used to cover them for reprint) and they've always done interesting stuff.

Did you get my e-mail, btw?

Lou Anders
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 09:08 am:   

Hi Laura Anne,
and thanks!
Re: email - if you mean the email of a few weeks ago, didn't you get my response? I'm pretty sure I responded - or at least imagined I did(!) - but I've had trouble recently with several emails either not reaching me or not reaching their intended recipients.
If you mean a new email, nope. Can you resend?

Laura Anne
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 02:09 pm:   

It was about ten days ago, and if so, I didn't get it. Ah, the wonders of the internet...

A more reliable account is suricata at peoplepc dot com.

KeithB
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 04:33 am:   

So it's not just me noticing that e-mails seem more likely to vanish these days? My guess is that the battle between spammers and spam-trappers takes out some innocent traffic along the way, too...

Lou Anders
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 08:32 am:   

That's exactly what it is, Keith.
That and the post office's revenge, since now if you want to "ensure" a message gets through, you may have to fall back on traditional delivery methods.

Jeremy
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 10:07 am:   

For reliable communications, Private email systems are emerging, and Instant messenger solutions (yahoo Messenger, AIM, etc) are becoming quite frequent. For anybody who sits at a desk 8 hours a day, an instant messenger program is far more reliable these days then is email.

Lou Anders
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 06:47 pm:   

Sci Fi Dimensions has just posted an interview with yours truly covering Argosy magazine, my upcoming Pyr science fiction imprint, and my various anthologies, past and present.

http://www.scifidimensions.com/May04/louanders.htm

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |